Mastana Mahi - full drama review TVKahani

Taify thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
http://www.tvkahani.com/WEBSITE/Dramas/Mastana-Mahi/castncrew.html

Review  

When I saw the promos of Mastana Mahi, I was excited. A drama with backdrop of politics, set in a city instantly grabbed my attention. The visual of Fahad Mustufa wearing an ajrak and doing his things left me mesmerized.
 Thursdays were boring so I managed to catch the first episode of the drama, and I was hooked. Today, in this review you'll know why.

Story : It is the story of Adal(Fahad Mustufa) who is son of a martyred politician. Adil is living in South Africa where he meets Aleen(Mehreen Raheel) and instantly falls in love, but Aleen is in love with Mike-an older man- to whom she gets married against her father wish, ultimately divorcing, and marrying Adil. The drama takes a turn when Adil returns to Pakistan with his wife, and has to face Suhai(Sajal Ali)-1 10 year old child-whom he had to marry for political reasons . The leap happens, and the drama continues…
An interesting story indeed it is. We have hardly seen such stories on our screen, and it is a welcome change. The drama packs in many twists, and turns, and a lot of characters (A LOT!), and keeps you hooked.

Technicalities : Written by Samira Fazal the screenplay is beautiful, and keeps you hooked for most of the time. The happenings are easy, and fun to watch. The dialogues aren't happy, and easy on the ear. Roomi Insha is the director of the ship, and does full justice. The direction is simple. It is a not so simple story told in a very simple way. Brownie points to the director for pulling that off. The editing is good, and the camera work is of first rate. The beauty is nicely captured. OST is beautifully sung-but unfortunately is hardly played. The background music adds to the happenings.

Characters :
 Adal : He is a much in love man with responsibilities. The character grows from a fun loving boy to an understanding husband, and a man who has responsibilities over his shoulder. It is a beautifully written character.

Aaleen : Another beautifully written character. From the confused doll to an understanding wife. The character slowly evolves ultimately reaching the jealous woman. It again has many layers to it, and grows on you.

Suhai : The girl grows up but does not grow on you. The character lacks depth, and the power to keep you hooked. Weak.

There are many more characters like Lily(Deepti Gupta), and Mike(Imran Pirzada) but they are short lived, and this is the complain I have. Why did our writer write off Lily like that? There must have been a better track.

Acting : Fahad Mustufa in the role of Adal is great. The man plays the role with sincerity and comes out a winner. Mehreen Raheel has improved as an actor but has to work on her expressions that go haywire at times, and her dialogue delivery is also weak. One must mention the crackling chemistry shared by the lead pair. It adds a lot to the drama.
Sajal Ali as Suhaai fails to impress. She looks confused initially, and in the latter stage lacks the fire to carry off the role. Sakina Sammo impresses in her small role, and looks totally the part she is playing. Deepti Gupta is a brilliant actress, and she proves it again. Imran Pirzada plays his part well, and his diction goes well with the character. Anita Camphor is fun.

Over All : This is an entertaining drama which makes for some good TV. It has the power to keep you hooked on to your screen thanks to the great screenplay, and the amazing chemistry shared by the lead pair.

Rating :  

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanx for posting this my views of Mastana Mahi

first of all i dint like the serial name... iss ka matlab kya hota hai?? 
From the promos it looked very interesting... plus the cast was also good.. m fond of Deepti Gupta's acting.. she is a natural actress..
The serial started off very well...Aaleen & Adal's chemistry was awesome...and all their scenes were praise worthy...the whole Aaleen & Mike story was handled with maturity... but serial's graph started declining once Aaleen & Adal married and came back to Pakistan.. i so agree with the review writer that the character of Suhaai was half backed... it dint grow on the viewer... after the leap it started to look like a balaji show .. like two women after one man and scheming to get him and all that...just like "Usska pati sirf mera hai" types 😆😆 also Aaleen turning out and out negative did not look justified... the show started off very as a very promising one but nowadays it bores me..

the title track is awesome
Taify thumbnail
I know it dipped but lemme tell you that they wont stretch this whole mera pati angle :D would end in 2 episode ;)
Usman. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Taify

I know it dipped but lemme tell you that they wont stretch this whole mera pati angle :D would end in 2 episode ;)

chalo good hai... another problem is that it clashes with Takkay ki aye gi baraat.. so i can not watch it on original timing.. have to watch it on YT where the quality is not so good... do you know any site where HQ pakistani serials are uploaded... i posted this question in helpdesk too but none replied
Taify thumbnail
well the quality on www.tvkahani.com is quite watchable.
Usman. thumbnail
^ thanx... will check that out :)
Taify thumbnail
itx gonna be the last epi
notavailable thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
OMG! Mastana Mahi's on its last episode already? So soon? Isnt it just episode 16
Taify thumbnail
yes 16 epi =D but itx good they didnt stretch it.