Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

sama0023

Goldie

sama0023

Posted: 06 September 2011 at 1:06pm | IP Logged

Wake up India. We are on a border line with our culture. And those pathetic dramas will be resposible for that.

Dear all please read with patience. I am not a very good writter, but I think it is time to speak out by every single TV viewers. If you say it is a personal clash with Diaa baati, I will say no. I am talking today for every single pathetic sus/bahu drama on every single TV channels..

We want to be entertained and we want to see positive in this world.

Are our parents so bad???????? Why our mothers are portrayed soo badly in Indian drama serials? These dramas making all daughter-in-laws worried and all girls are afraid of their future mother-in-laws.

Today I watched a bit of Diaa Baati. It is not a personal clash with Diaa baati, but what a pathetic story line!! A son take a small pendent for his future wife, for that his mother was extremely rude than any other sus on any TV serial, can be!!...

I am trying to emphasis here a real social problem is slow poisoning our society. These dramas are destroying nice relation between women inside family. If these TV channels want to teach us about culture then they should show us nice positive things about our culture and relation. Specially between those sensitive important relations.

Star Plus and other TV channels should know, men already started to get married from different countries. We Indian women will soon start to get married to non Indian men.

I am quite afraid to get married to Indian man. Is India sooo Horrible? I mainly stay in London and I am an independent women. Currently I am in India. But the culture these dramas are portraying to the wolrd is making us quite afraid. Indian culture does not look very promising at all.

If you see those drama, looks like India 24/7 just does puja path .Is it true?

But all horrible people on earths live inside this country. Is it true? All sus, all sister-in-laws are horrible. Does these drama represent real INDIA?????
I have this question to all TV channels.

If administration of this forum, go through my thread , then please forward it to star plus and all other TV channels, which are showing our mothers are horrible!!

This is how they are making our mother figures' life in danger in old age.

I never saw any women, that pathetic as star plus mother-in-laws are portrayed. Do any one of you have seen those sus????

But still star plus made me mentally paranoid about Mother-in-laws and sister-in-laws.

30/40 years ago those type of Mother-in-laws were exist in some backward areas of India.This is what my mother told me. But i am quite scared.

I had better impression about India and these dramas gave such an poor impression that, I don't dare to marry an Indian man.

We should start raising our voice agaist pathetic sus/bahu serials. It is a slow poison for our culture and for our married life.
If you want to be positive in your life, you have to feel and learn positive.Smile

Edited by sama0023 - 23 November 2011 at 2:55am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

PrasRasPKYEK12GmanAngelbudbeintehaaZaYaMehek25kiran_trudecentGurpreetDbamboocopter

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Wake up INDIA" in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Angelbud

Goldie

Angelbud

Posted: 06 September 2011 at 2:09pm | IP Logged

Hi Sama I really think that you have a relevant and authentic point to make here! Of course it's not just DABH but to be honest the subject matter is not helping women's cause around the country! Sandhya the lead character had had to give up her money so her brother can fulfil his dream of travelling! Yet everyone seems to feel sorry for the Male lead! Nothing new there! Out of interest I would also point out to you that on average the men in India get better acting training than women and are paid more! Obviously that's clear from DABH with the general acting standards anyway! Really nice to have your post and I really respect you for this! I have been trying to point this out for ages and even have a topic on this here on the forum about women's rights in India!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sama0023

sama0023

Goldie

sama0023

Posted: 06 September 2011 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angelbud

Hi Sama I really think that you have a relevant and authentic point to make here! Of course it's not just DABH but to be honest the subject matter is not helping women's cause around the country! Sandhya the lead character had had to give up her money so her brother can fulfil his dream of travelling! Yet everyone seems to feel sorry for the Male lead! Nothing new there! Out of interest I would also point out to you that on average the men in India get better acting training than women and are paid more! Obviously that's clear from DABH with the general acting standards anyway! Really nice to have your post and I really respect you for this! I have been trying to point this out for ages and even have a topic on this here on the forum about women's rights in India!

Many thanks for the post !! I really appreciate youSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
I think it is time to play reverse psychology for womens' right. The drama serials should start showing all good about women. So women and society both will start thinking positive about Indian women.
This conventional approach of showing bad things about sas/bahu and sister in-laws will sink our society more. We have to show how family is supportive towards women and how nice our mothers are.
We will never learn positive things from a negetive story. Indian TV should wake up now. Time is over. It is time to reverse the techniques of negetivity  practice. It is time to rise with positivity or we will be destroyed soon. Within few years the impacts will be visible in the society in serious way. We have to show new positive thoughts about life, so majority of the people who are less creative will learn from those creative positive dramas/characters. At list they will start to follow some positve charactersSmileEntertainment industry has great impact on our psychology indeed.

Angelbud

Goldie

Angelbud

Posted: 06 September 2011 at 2:50pm | IP Logged
I think that could actually work! And posting in here is really relevant considering the serious flaws within the script of the show!  I believe that its very necessary today and is so very much in need for the new generation! It wouldn't be that difficult to arrange a show like that! These shows are made really cheap! DABH was made with a tiny budget! Of course you can see that from the costly dreadful acting and really uninspired set but it does not mean that money in the right hands couldn't really make a difference!

Most people in here dont realise the significance of all this yet but in time they will realise the potentual that women have in all walks of life! Smile Have a look at my post on women's rights!

sama0023

sama0023

Goldie

sama0023

Posted: 06 September 2011 at 3:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angelbud

I think that could actually work! And posting in here is really relevant considering the serious flaws within the script of the show!  I believe that its very necessary today and is so very much in need for the new generation! It wouldn't be that difficult to arrange a show like that! These shows are made really cheap! DABH was made with a tiny budget! Of course you can see that from the costly dreadful acting and really uninspired set but it does not mean that money in the right hands couldn't really make a difference!

Most people in here dont realise the significance of all this yet but in time they will realise the potentual that women have in all walks of life! Smile Have a look at my post on women's rights!
I am not addressing any flow particularly in Dia Baati. I am talking about a general issue and I have no intention to hurt particularly one drama serial. I am addressing a general issue of Indian drama serials in Indian television.
I want to see positive things so we will think more positivity in our life.Smile
Thinking positive, do not want to hurt any particular person and body. Trying to be constructive and be happy in  life. This is my motoSmileSmileSmileSmile 

Angelbud

Goldie

Angelbud

Posted: 06 September 2011 at 5:06pm | IP Logged
I know their are so many people on here that just hang around to moan about DABH! Mad really eh sama! Smile

sama0023

AR_ArShi

AR_ArShi

Posted: 06 September 2011 at 7:05pm | IP Logged
Hi Sama i respect your opinion however what i liked was that they showed a contrast between the two different households they did not just show the nasty mother/mother in law, they also showed one that was complete opposite to her and treated her daughter in law as her daughter it was interesting to see the different kind of people there can be and the different kind of values they have and to be honest their are such people in the world some are good and some are bad and that is what they are showing 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

monika_2691sama0023bewafaiqbalslovergarima22-Chandramukhi-

tanthya

IF-Addictz

tanthya

Posted: 07 September 2011 at 12:17am | IP Logged

Hi Sama ,

Good Post !! Smile

I do understand  ur POV that there is lots of negativity in serials of late ...and that it sends a wrong message to the viewer's  ...but The mercenary Entertainment  world is not bothered by that, All it is concerned about is the TRP's and what will sell to get a Higher TRP's ...and right now  domineering MIL vs a righteous DIL sells ..

But that does not mean that the serials are showing only the negative aspects  of being an in law ..the shows are showing th good MIL too ..Since we are in DABH forum and also since u have given Suraj's Mom as a prime example of a bad MIL , I too will take the same serial and pick out Sandhya's mom as a good MIL  ..Proof.. Sandhya's brother gets the self same chain with pendant  for his wife and his mother instead of creating a scene actually  expresses her happiness at  his gift ...

What DABH is attempting to show is the difference between the 2 homes, the contrasting ideologies , thoughts ...

The serials do tend to show the good and the bad , but the fact remains that the fascination for bad  dims the virtues of  Good , and we tend to focus on the bad rather more sharply than on the Good ...Please remember this is a fiction where everything including the traits of the characters is and will be exaggerated manifold , if there is a bad mom like Suraj's , then there is a good mom like Sandhya's..

Happy Stay in India !! Smile

Edited by tanthya - 07 September 2011 at 12:21am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sama0023arshi_karishiqbalslover

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.