Tumhari Disha
Tumhari Disha

The Mirror has two sides -Flipside of DK

disha77 Groupbie
disha77
disha77

Posted: 24 February 2005 at 10:49pm | IP Logged

The Mirror has two sides……..

We are always praising the character of DK till the sky…..but has anyone wondered about his dual-ness……his character has most certainly evolved in a brilliant way, its been a journey of great redemption for him. But there are/were certain traits about DK, which bring out the flaws in him distinctively enough & make his character not so venerable after all.

DK's charlatanism / hypocrisy - DK had always mocked & derided Disha & Inder's relationship, which was based on true friendship & genuine love…..but he chose to co-habit with Sanya under the same roof as his Wife….that's not only downright insulting to any woman but also being a complete hypocrite. If he has such free views on Marriage, then he might as well accept Disha and Inder's relationship (which was actually nothing and he knew it very well!)

DK's arrogance – Most people seem to simply revel in it (ok, I am also one of them). Sure, arrogance suits some people to the T and when DK hollers with superciliousness & superiority, it makes him look like a King addressing his subjects. But honestly, how many of you would like to live with (leave aside loving) such a person, Disha deserves full marks on spending three months with a person so full of  egotism & conceit!

DK's complexes – He sure is complicated…..not only in his thoughts but also in his actions. A past so dark, a present so disturbing & a future so unpredictable….he makes an interesting read, but an outright dangerous case to get married & spend the rest of your life with……….sweet & simple may be dull & dreary but its also dependable & steady!

DK's rage – Oooh that temper, eyebrows quivering with outrage, eyes red with anger, voice cold with pique and a tongue laced with sarcasm…..attractive??? I don't think so! Men should be patient, prudent, and persevering, a tower of strength on whom a woman can lean. DK loses his temper so swiftly and so often, that it has now stopped making an impact, not only on Disha but also on the viewers. I would like to see DK swallowing his anger for once & making a bearing on us with his tranquility & serenity.

DK's Pride - The greatest pride, or the greatest despondency, is the greatest ignorance of one's self. Pride that dines on vanity always suppers on contempt! DK's pride lies in his power & wealth, unlike Disha's which lies in her strength of character & her family…..and that is why DK falls to abysmal depths with his Pride & Disha rises to soaring heights with hers!

DK's altruistic-ness / selfishness – DK is a selfish git. Period. He has always served his interests, always done what he felt like doing without any regard to other's feelings or emotions, but when the tables turned, he cried 'Wolf'. Be it, his obsession with getting Disha to do his bidding at any cost, to pushing Vijendra into sheer desperation, to using & disposing Sanya like a paper napkin, to treating Taj like a pawn on his chessboard, to call his employees dogs, to try buying off each & every person who come in his way…..DK has shown that selfishness is second nature to him and that he will use & misuse anyone & everyone for his selfish purpose.

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------

Since I missed the episode yesterday (and felt like writing something desperately) I wrote this thing in the morning, just as an afterthought…..but this is not, I repeat, not a comment on the actor or on the individual, this is just one part of my analysis of the character of DK.

Your valuable comments, suggestions, feedback & inputs are most eagerly awaited.

PS : I still stick firmly to the opinion that DK (the character) is maddeningly attractive & my all-time favorite character ever…..I will post my analysis of the bright side of DK very soon (that will cheer up all who will be surely upset after reading this one, I am feeling low myself!)

Edited by disha77 - 25 February 2005 at 2:15am

dkaddict Senior Member
dkaddict
dkaddict

Posted: 24 February 2005 at 11:23pm | IP Logged

Aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww............Don't ya just wanna smother him with hugs and kisses and make it all better? LOL 

Really, I think that all these negative traits play into the attraction for a good number of people. Since we are led to believe that all of these things are resulting from his painful childhood, it is easy to think that underneath all that is a wonderful, lovable person who is simply hiding in this protective shell. And, as the "bad-boy fairy tale" generally goes, that awesome person within will only be brought out by his one true love! Then he becomes a "changed man,' and all that happy-ever-after stuff.

I think this is exactly where Dev was leading Disha (us) when he remarked that it was not DK whom Disha heard yelling, it was his pain. Dev hinted at this whole good-guy-underneath the bad-boy thing way back in the beginning of the marriage. I do think the writers intended such a thing, and it is working well. It may not be what attracts everyone, but certainly many women do fall for this stuff (self included). Don't know that it really works out well in real life....Dead

I can forgive all DK has done as long as he turns into our prince charming at the end! All things are usually explained away happily in these stories...

Another comendable, thoughtful job, Disha! Clap Clap Clap

-DKaddict

P.S. I do think that DK had some attraction/feelings for Disha for some time before he had any clue about it. It may have prompted him to be more cruel than he otherwise would have been, as her actions would have hurt/angered him more than they would have under different circumstances. People generally don't fall in love, esp. not deeply, overnight, despite what Bollywood would have us believe!!! LOL

lilly Senior Member
lilly
lilly

Posted: 25 February 2005 at 4:11am | IP Logged

Di I am so happy to read your excellant posts regarding any issues. You really dissected the character of DK 'S character in great lenths as well wrote about his dark side

Well his is a very complex character , and I totally agree that there has been a lot of dark side, since thousands of years, humans being humans hace a complicated side to them, well as in real life among us all have a different attitude -I still beleive every human has a both a animal instict and humanly side,  mom use to stay as all my fingers in my  are different in size everyone of my child is different, but if i cut any finger the pain will be equal  and I will always love them equally( I  teased her bleeding and pain would be the least with the little finger , I am the youngest).

Dk character was very dark in the begining few episode, in fact though Taj is bin pendi ka lota , it shocked me that DK wanted him to die for his selfish means, and agree he was a really mean when he had sanya move in with bags and baggages with Di in house as his wife . But we have since then seen lot of human side to him too, inspite of being rude to dev on several ocasion he addressed him always as  app ( loved him for that respect), his returning of papers of di;s home, getting Inder released though under pressure from his lady love. They want to relate his dark side to his sad and lonely childhood, I am sure we will continue to see more of the human side of Dk and less of the animal instinct in him , it;s like those TDH - tall , dark and handsome ( Though he is not very tall , his personality makes him look tall )character of MB hero

Di again thanks for the excellant ideas you keep on posting, girl you really need your talent to be exposed and appreciated to the world, will be waiting for your short stories or Novel to be published in near future, you really have the talent

Bhavi Groupbie
Bhavi
Bhavi

Posted: 25 February 2005 at 11:32am | IP Logged
Once again Disha an awesome job with the character analysis of DK.
the thing that attracted me to watch TD is that fact the Dk is such a arrogant person and will  go to any lengths to get what he wants.  He marries a "plain Jane" like Disha to get her to model for his company.  i think he was a ttracted to her from the begining.. (i say that  because i did not watch TD from the start,, this comes from your updates in the past)  Speaking for myself i have always been partial to the so-called "bad boy" charcter or the "arrogant business tycoon" types. their whole aura is about power, ego, strength and other many qualities that make them rough around the edges and are not likeable in the beginining. their layers always come off slowly and you get to know that real person from inside and you realize that what made them this way is their past/upbringing.  towards the end they are willing to change for a sweet/ "plain jane" type of woman because they are deeply in love with them. of course i would like to be that "plain Jane" woman.  i think that when these types of charcter fall in love they always love deeper and are very passionate.  That 's what makes  DK so loveable because he is deeply, madly and passionately in love with Disha.
I agree that in real life i don't think i can work well with this type of character because i would be faced to deal with his hurt and anger and setting myself up for a heartache.
So fantasizing about Dk is much betterWink than reality.  I would like to add that Ashish is a fantastic actor.. we have established that many times.. because of his acting skills we are able to do a character analysis and post our views on the charcter he plays. He does justice to the characterClapClapClap and that's why i like DK and TD. If the producers change him or of he quits ( not very likely) i don't think i would watch TD.

Edited by Bhavi - 25 February 2005 at 11:39am
Asian Princess Goldie
Asian Princess
Asian Princess

Posted: 25 February 2005 at 1:38pm | IP Logged

Well written annalysis on Dk Disha Clap

But I think all these points especially Dk anger is what attracts us to his charecter to so much. He is a complex charecter who doesn't reveal his feelings all is said and done through his expressions.

As Ashish had described Dk as grey character meaning he has good points and bad points as all the rest of us. Which are shown on TD which makes it an unsual drama as all the other dramas classify the charecters as either good or bad. This then makes Dk a very intresting charecter as he is neither good or bad but in between which makes him very human compared to all of the drama charecters.

I think Dks arrogance, pride and selfishness draw the viewer onto admiring him very much as he is unusal and difffernt to the rest. These sides to his personallity shine out on him as underneath in certain situations as when he is seen with his mother he reacts as any other child would do in that situation. I think all this pride and arrogance is because Dk is hiding the true loving individual within him.Smile As we have seen Dk is becoming more human day by day infront pf us he is begining to consider others feelings e.g. disha's and what they will think of him.

I think all this is cover for Dk as he doesnot want to be seen as weak infront of the rest of the world!!!!

sesky Groupbie
sesky
sesky

Posted: 25 February 2005 at 2:54pm | IP Logged

Ooh, i like the way your mind works, disha. Iiiinteresting.

i agree mostly with whatever everyones already posted. Some excellent points, ppl. Thers no doubt that DK is a refreshingly unique character. All black to begin with, then slowly emerging as grey, and now, we're getting to see even more facets of his personality. He's an intrinsically dark character, and the actor who plays him does a great job in portraying him that way. Everybody's got good and bad sides to them, and thats why DK is so fascinating. Most, and i mean most indian serials characters are soooo unrealistic. Either totally white, or totally black. Dk bucks that trend.

I really hope though that the writers retain this uniqueness that we all fell in love with. Im all for DK turning into a positive character and professing his love for Disha, but he dont need to go all cookie dough for that, ya know? Let him still be the person he was, let his experiences still make him the human being he is. Only let him now realize that that theres more to going around in life bossing everyone around. Let him be aware of the things that make him stand above the rest, but never be egotistical about it. Let him be loving towards his mother, but not some weeping 8 yr old stuck in a grown mans body. Let him come clean to Disha about the way he feels with great passion, but still treat her like an equal.

OK, I basically decribed the perfect man up there, didnt i ladies? Tongue Oh well...maybe DK doesnt have to be perfect, because then that would just contradict my whole 'realistic characters' rant. lol. But we can hope!

P.S. Disha, better get started on the flip side of your arguments. lets see what the other side of the mirror has to say...

dkaddict Senior Member
dkaddict
dkaddict

Posted: 25 February 2005 at 3:36pm | IP Logged

Sesky, I agree. Let DK remain grey, just perhaps a lighter shade of grey!!! LOL

-DKaddict

krazee_gurl Goldie
krazee_gurl
krazee_gurl

Posted: 25 February 2005 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
i think all that dk-gargi dinner stuff is gonna b good training for when disha and him are ACTUALLY husband & wife!< im just trying to think of something postitive from the recent episodes>

Go to top