India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Main Aisa Hi Hoon

mehvishrainbow2 Goldie
mehvishrainbow2
mehvishrainbow2

Posted: 24 February 2005 at 10:05pm | IP Logged

Main Aisa Hi Hoon has Ajay Devgan playing a retarded character, a man who has the brain of a child, a man who also has his own child - a seven-year-old daughter. He loves his daughter and lives for her. But then a situation arises in which his ability to bring up his daughter is questioned and he comes to the point of losing her. The film tells the story of this father's court fight to keep his daughter.

Neel (Ajay Devgan) is not a usual man. He is like a child inside a man's body. His little world consists of his cute daughter Gungun, who is the apple of his eye. Neel's marriage with Gungun's mother Maya (Esha Deol) could not last long and she walked out of his life after the birth of Gungun.

Seven years have passed since then, and Neel and his daughter have got along fine in their happy, jolly little world. But then, on Gungun's seventh birthday, Maya's father (or Gungun's nana) Dayanath comes to see his granddaughter. He comes from London to claim the guardianship of Gungun on the grounds that her retarded father, Neel, is not capable of bringing her up.

Desperate to keep his daughter with himself, Neel searches for the best lawyer in town and comes across Neeti (Sushmita Sen). Neeti is a promising lawyer but she is also a very unlikely person to take his case. She has neglected her own son for whom she could never take out time from her busy life.

Neeti is uninterested in taking Neel's case. But his persistence, his honesty and innocence melt her heart. She knows it is not an easy case. Gungun's nana has many strong points and arguments to present in the court of law. Neeti takes the challenge and decides to fight a tough battle. In the course, she also learns the values of good parenting from Neel's unfathomable love for his daughter.

palak22 Newbie
palak22
palak22

Posted: 24 February 2005 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
it is a copy of of hollywood pic " I am sam" i ahve seen that movie it is really nice lets wait and watch how the desi version comes out.....
krazee_gurl Goldie
krazee_gurl
krazee_gurl

Posted: 25 February 2005 at 7:27pm | IP Logged

oh! i would really like to watch an original movie for once!

"i have seen I AM SAM, it was really sad, i spent the entire movie crying."

Y hasn't bollywood learned that its the ORIGINAL movies that to well, bcuz most of has have watched the english version, and can predict what is going to happen; COPIED <or "modified"> never do that gr8 at the box office!

Look at the YASH RAJ films, they are original, and always do the good-best at the box office!

*this is just me opinion

Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Posted: 25 February 2005 at 10:42pm | IP Logged

Thanks for sharing. Smile

DevilishSaira IF-Dazzler
DevilishSaira
DevilishSaira

Posted: 27 April 2006 at 2:06am | IP Logged
maybe its is like that but im sam.. was diidferent.. i think .. the daugther.. of sam.. was sayign that she was adopted i ahevtns een the whole movie but i really want tos ee this one Wink
wezyus IF-Rockerz
wezyus
wezyus

Posted: 27 April 2006 at 2:07am | IP Logged
thanks
.Prometheus. Channel Moderator
.Prometheus.
.Prometheus.

Posted: 27 April 2006 at 2:45am | IP Logged
thanks the indian version was sad but it wasnt overly great
Aries23 IF-Stunnerz
Aries23