TOI: Sameer Soni was offered BALH?

shrutireddygr8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
He chose acting over a lucrative career in investment banking because he believes in following his passion.

Sameer Soni
who's had a successful run in movies like Fashion and I Hate Luv Stories returns, after a long break to the soapbox as the male lead in Ekta Kapoor's daily show, Parichay-Ek Nayee Zindagi Ke Sapno Ka. Sameer says he merely chose the show as, "the character was so captivating that I had to take it up. I fell in love with the story-line."

Incidentally Sameer was offered the lead role in Bade Achche Lagte Hain (which is currently being essayed by Ram Kapoor), "Yes, I was offered the role but I was busy with some shooting at that point of time so I declined the offer." Looking at Sameer's career graph, it appears as if he enjoys working at his own leisurely pace. To which he says, "It's not like that. I'm very fussy about the roles which I play and that makes me choosy." Apart from Parichay, is there anything in pipeline for him? "I'm not even sure of what will I be taking up tomorrow. Also, I'm too passionate about my work and so I am totally concentrating on what I have right now."

Not many know that Sameer is deeply passionate about listening music. "Wherever I go, my music collection travels with me. I love listening to Sufi and Indian classical music more. It makes me feel spiritually inclined." Apart from that, Sameer maintains a diary, writes poetry too. Although, he likes writing, "at a relaxed pace" and that's why he "doesn't want to do film script writing right now." This talented actor got married to Neelam early this year and he is, "enjoying the marital bliss." He shares, "With our busy schedules, we try to catch up on quality time together. Neither of us are party people, we enjoy going for movies or even watch them home with a bowl of popcorn." And he adds on a parting note, "Neelam keeps asking me everyday - when will I get your time?"

SOURCE: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/I-am-passioniate-about-my-work-Sameer-Soni/articleshow/9848957.cms
Edited by shrutireddygr8 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ujwala444 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
if the story was written keeping Ram kapoor in mind, why will they offer it Samir Soni a very unlikely choice i would say 😕

obviously, either it was written just for RAm Kapoor in mind or not...what would do you guys think❓
avivakirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
 Sameer is an extremely talented actor...Ekta would have both Ram and Sameer in mind as both are extremely fab actors...She had to wait to get a green signal from Ram and Sameer would have been her second choice.
maris08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Even though I like Sameer, am glad that Ram Kapoor gave his green signal to Balh as he was the first choice of EK.
laduprav thumbnail
i am happy that ram has given balh act, no one other else.
-MariaMars- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Ram was the first choice for BALH... but even i've heard this before that sameer soni was offered this role.. Sameer is an excellent actor too.. but Ram suits BALH more and Sameer is doing gr8 in parichay as well... 

So kudos to both Ram and Sameer😊
Edited by maria2285 - 12 years ago
Gunjan. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
m glad Ram took the role coz i think he's d only guy who could do justice wid this character !!
ash91 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Sameer is no doubt a great actor...but the character of Ram suits Ram Kapoor to the T...
ujwala444 thumbnail
Ram Kapoor is sooo suited. it would be hard to imagine anybody else playing this role.
shaaranya thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 8
Well the role has been clearly written keeping ram in mind it's just perfect for him with jibes on his weight n all there was no one better suited for it than ram