Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

How did SONAM KAPOOR get to where she is today?!

Posted: 12 years ago

😊 This topic is dedicated to all those hardcore Sonam Kapoor fans.  I have been negative about her a lot in the past, but this time I want to explore her journey!  She came in a huge debut back in 2007 with Saawariya.  For a newcomer, appearing in a Sanjay Bhansali film is a huge accomplishment.  Her acting got noticed, but the film was a flop.  Then, her next film Delhi-6 was also a failure but her performance was praised.  Her first commercial success came in I Hate Luv Storys and then people started noticing she had some potential.  Later films like  Aisha and  Thank You  were moderate successes at the box office, but did nothing for her career.  Her latest film  Mausam is releasing soon and there is a lot of buzz around it.  If  Mausam does well, can she stick around for the long-term?  She is extremely lucky to get good directors and costars.  She just needs to be more ambitious and serious about her acting.  I do admit, she was kind of cute in I Hate Luv Storys, but needs to prove that she is here to stay.  Please share your thoughts.  How did SONAM KAPOOR get to where she is today?! 

😲

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

She got to where she is today, through her silver spoon.

This content was originally posted by: zainab25

She got to where she is today, through her silver spoon.

It all started at such a tender age, awww!!

😆😆😆
.driftingaway thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i still think she has a long way to go. Much prefer her in movies like delhi 6, where she was actually bearable than in 'full fledged commercial roles' like the ones she played in IHLS, and Aisha *cringe*

She makes a pretty succesful model though; has the height, and the face for it.

youknowme thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
She slid out of the right...
---you can finish that statement any way you like.
zoyah thumbnail
it is all because of the cover magasinsss lol \
fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
She still has a long way to go. I think Mausam will be the turning point of her career so far. As in, this is her chance to, sort of. prove herself as an actress. Mausam is her ticket to win people that don't quite see that she can act.

There is no doubt that the fact that she is Anil Kapoor's daughter played a good role in where she is today. But on top of it all...she, herself has been a big part of it all. Sonam didn't always look like the way she does today. She had to lose a lot of weight and even before she decided to do Saawariya she was assisting Sanjay in Black. She has worked hard.

So, i think she has came farrr but she still has a longgg way to go.
throughmyvains thumbnail
Her fashionista title and her father.
starstruckk thumbnail
She's gotten no where yet..what are we even talking about here? ðŸ˜†
yeh exactly where is she today??? ðŸ˜† Edited by smartie_pants - 12 years ago