Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

mkzara

Goldie

mkzara

Posted: 14 January 2006 at 8:17pm | IP Logged
after the whole problem on the debate with kashmir i am little hesitant posting this but i wud like to believe that we can handle this debate maturely like adults. How do u guys feel about the fact that in a lot of indian movies and shows show pakistanis as these bad guys, all the crime and drug lords are muslim. Like in saakshi (the show), Saarkar(the show), The Hero(the movie) that movie was particularly insulting. In that Sunny talks to the guys and he's basically making fun of the fact that Pakistani's might actually like and care about their country. I mean he says it in such a snide way that Urdu is the best language in the world so i wanna know dont indians like hindi or whatever is spoken in different areas. i just wanna know that if people actually r that racist against pakistanis and how do u people feel about this stuff that goes on in the media. again i dont mean to offend anyone i just want to know the truth and if i am offending anyone then i am sory cause that was not my intention.

Edited by mkzara - 14 January 2006 at 8:27pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "racism of indians against pakistanis?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 14 January 2006 at 8:38pm | IP Logged
No Zara you are not offending me at least . But what i want to ask you is that is this racism one sided ?????

If they show some movies where Pakistanis are portrayed as villians , they are portrayed as brothers too . The movie with Preity Zinta is VeerZara( how could you forget this movie with the name like Veerzara ?Smile)  and the girl was supposed to be a Pakistani who falls for an Indian. There are movies that show brotherhood with Pakistan .

As for Pakistani movies , my guess is that they show Indians as villians and maybe the Pakistanis serials may show too . I personally don't know as i never watch them . Please feel free to correct me here if this isn't the case .Tongue

In several topics we've had in this section, example - India - Pakistan , all religon related debates that happened here hostility was felt towards Indians from some members who showed location as Pakistan . Some member openly laughed at Indian Hindu customs like idol worship. Some openly said they were glad Indian channels were banned in Pakistan on a TV debate forum India-forum . Confused. I mean insults have been exchanged !!

I have a few Pakistani friends in this forum i am very fond of PakiPrincz ,Saba ,Khizer ,and Eisha .I just want them to know that most of us don't care where you are from as long as you are a good person. And On  this Indian forum where every one including a Pakistani is always welcome . Some of our moderators , GM ,Viewbies and Coolbie's are Pakistanis . Do you think this is racism ?????

I too don't want to offend any one . Hope this discussion happens with out any one getting to upset.

Edited by Aparna_BD - 14 January 2006 at 8:58pm

mkzara

Goldie

mkzara

Posted: 14 January 2006 at 8:53pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

No you are not offending me at least . But what i want to ask you is that <span>is this racism one sided ?????
</span>

If they show some movies where Pakistanis are portrayed as villians ,
they are portrayed as brothers too . The movie with Preity Zinta is
VeerZara and the girl was supposed to be a Pakistani who falls for an
Indian. There are movies that show brotherhood with Pakistan .

As for Pakistani movies , my guess is that they show Indians as
villians and maybe the Pakistanis serials may too . I personally don't
know as i never watch them .Maybe some one else can tell us .
In several topics we've had in this section, example - India -
Pakistan , all religous debates that happened here i felt lot of
hostility from some members who showed location as Pakistan . If you
read all the topics you'll be able to see that its not a one sided
issue.Especially the religous debate ,most hostility was felt not from
Indian Muslim , but from Pakistan's.

I have a few Pakistani friends in this forum i am very fond of
PakiPrincz ,Saba ,Khizer ,and Eisha .I just want them to know that most
of us don't care where you are from as long as you are a good person.
And <span>remember this is a Indian forum where every one including a
Pakistani is always welcome . Some of our moderators , GM ,Viewbies and Coolbie's are
Pakistanis . Do you think this is racism ?????
</span>
I too don't want to offend any one . Hope this discussion happens with out any one getting to upset.

I wasn't talking about racism in the forum because if there was it wud be a huge problem that i posted this topic. as u can see i post this topic becaue i expect acceptance even if not agreement. i never said that the racism was one sided but mostly that pakistani shows i have seen dont attack india, yeah some shows do portray the indians negatively but again there rn't a lot of those shows and my mom says that there was once a show which was extremely horribe to indians so the government banned it. from what i have seen the percentage of shows in pakistan that r racist is lower than the ones taht r in india but i am still open to a thought there actually are more racist shows. Again I wasn't talking about people being racist over here because generally everyone gets along very well and i wasn't calling anyone on the forum a racist but i was talking about the movies which are made because from what i have seen they r racist and also from the movies and shows i have seen of pakistan they usually aren't that racist. I repeat i am not saying that shows with racism dont exist or that pakistanis rnt racist all i am saying is that i see more of it in indian shows and movies.

Edited by mkzara - 14 January 2006 at 8:58pm

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 14 January 2006 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
Zara , maybe you are right there are less racist films made by Lollywood but Bollywood probably being a larger Industry has too many new small minded story writers . I am not justyfying Bollywood films though .

Another thing i remember after watching Pakistani News in India how often i would get offended by the way they delivered the news where India was discussed . I know that is politics and a different story altogether . But that made you think how much our brothers and sisters across the border hate us . Unhappy

indiaforums1234

indiaforums1234

Posted: 14 January 2006 at 11:20pm | IP Logged
As Aparna pointed out, racism exists on both sides, in this case.

It's just that people tend to be a little too patriotic which is why hostile attitudes from a rival seem stronger and more negative than they actually are.

I am not denying that some indian movies have stereotyped pakistanis/muslims as terrorists, but on the other side, a lot of movies have hindu bad guys also!

The hatred is probably the same on both sides. However, if you are from pakistan, you are more likely to think that indians hate you more and vice versa.

seema_17

IF-Rockerz

seema_17

Posted: 15 January 2006 at 3:29pm | IP Logged
hey zara,
I didn't get offended man. infact i was thinking abt this very topic yesterday as me and my frnd were talking abt it... he is pakistani and he was telling me how he doesn't like indian movies' racism against pakistan... and i told him this...every filmmaker makes a movie with a story that interests him... we cannot stop him from doing that... but if we r against the movie what we can do... which i usually follow if not watch the movie... and u know what if all of us educated ppl follow this rule then the movie will not work and eventually directors of that kind will realize that the topic is not well liked by the audience.... but there r a small group of ppl that like and enjy these kinda of movies, some of them r narrowminded and they probably clap when the hero says some snide dialogue against pakistan... becuz somewhere in their mind they have this not such a good view of pakistan, and when they see another person on the screen saying out loud what they wish to say in their mind they just get happy... i am not trying to justify their actions ofcourse as this is wrong... but u know the whole world is not as fair and understanding as us. in bollywood there r MANY movies coming out every year... and each one of them tries to satisfy all kinda of audiences which comprises of india and 1 or 2 odd such movies come out that might be racist against pakistan... another reason for these dialogues could be that these dialogues generate a lot of interest and controversy... and this controversy could mean that a lot of ppl might go to see the movie just out of curiousity abt these dialogues and the director knows this and puts in these dialogues on purpose... abt the language thing... i think that they r trying to show that they like muslims but not pakistanis... this mite have been done so that the muslims in india don't get offended... i know this sounds like a twisted psychology but thats all i could come up with... Tongue my friend and i somehow understood each others' point of views... in the end he asked me if i had been offended, but why shld i be offended? we are all patriotic abt our country and there is nothing wrong with it... no matter how we discuss these topics at the end of the discussion we are ALWAYS good friends Smile

TiN24

Goldie

TiN24

Posted: 15 January 2006 at 6:41pm | IP Logged
This may be a little off topic, but has anyone noticed that in mostly bollywood films that are about Pakistan/India or issues related to the country's and their culture....they ALWAYS make the girl be Muslim and the guy be Hindu? Why is that? I am saying this cause someone mentioned the film Veer-Zara and it reminded me that how come the girl is always muslim and never the guy. In veer-zara, the preity zinta is muslim, in gadar, amisha patel is muslim, in the movie Dev, kareena kapoor is muslim....and there's more which I can't remember.

Don't take me wrong, I'm just curious! Confused

Sahana_125

Goldie

Sahana_125

Posted: 15 January 2006 at 7:05pm | IP Logged
in dev both fardeen and kareena were muslim.... fardeen wasn't hindu

Post Reply New Post

Go to top