Book Talk

India-Forums

Favorite urdu novel (Page 2)

sweet-knife Senior Member
sweet-knife
sweet-knife

Posted: 08 September 2011 at 3:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -aweshome_moi-

Peer-e-KamiL(SAW) was the first thing I read,and tht got me hooked to reading more and more!...Lol...HEAVENLY!!...*sigh*...well said!!...I neva got a chance to read Amar Bail or mayb neva wanted to,coz I heard abt the sad ending!!...I still wud lyk to knw more abt Omer-coz he sounds like a REAL character!...Might read it sumtym!...:D...But Umera's gr8,and can't read to read her sequel to Peer-e-Kamil(SAW)!!...She creates magic with her words!!...I could neva find sumthing better than Peer-e-Kamil(SAW)!!...I love the overly-loaded stuff!!...from love to hate-every emotion at it's extreme!!...That's wht I loved most abt it!!...And I love Salar!!...Lolll...I've like a huge crush over him!!...lol...:P.

the sad ending of Amar Bail is worth it- u may cry, u may complain, but the  ending was just the way Omer wanted it to happen!  sequeal of  Peer-e-kamil yeah! i guess its coming this december! Umera said she would never make Peer-e-kamil(saw)  in to a drama, no director could ever make it the way it should be made!  Umera's words make u believe on destiny, the Hand of God in everything, from geting married like a blind date on telephone to meeting ur soul mate n not wanting to hv her for urself becoz u think u dont deserve her, from exact potrayal of womenhood to dailouges like " aurat is muhaabat to buhat sare mard kerte hain mager izzat buhat kum mard kerte hian"  she is amazing!  u know according to Umera "love(bf-gf) is a most over rated thing in world" i can go on n on abt her! she is a social writer i feel!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sadia.khan

-aweshome_moi- IF-Rockerz
-aweshome_moi-
-aweshome_moi-

Posted: 08 September 2011 at 5:54pm | IP Logged
@desigirl05:True!!...Transalations do not leave a strong impact like the originals do!...But like sweet-knife said,u should give it a try.Umera's novels,"Peer-e-Kamil(SAW)" and "Lahasil" have been translated into English,and other books are in the process,too.She's like one of the bestest writers in the world,tht's wht I feel so.So,u should give it a try.I've read the translation to "Peer-e-KamiL(SAW)",and it created the same magic for me,mayb coz I'm too biased towards it.Lol.But u should give Umera's novels a try:her work is simply amazing!!!...

@sweet-knife:I sooo agree with wht u said abt her-she's a social writer.She actually makes you think alot with her words-she does wonders with her words.I gotto know the fact abt "Peer-e-KamiL(SAW)",some tym back;I was actually disheartened.I wanted to WATCH Salar and Imama's crackling chemistry,but then,that is to be felt.One can feel the pain,love,hatred,remorse everything through imagining wht she wrote.And none can beat her when it comes to the dialogues' department.You can really find some of the finest scenes and strongest dialogues in her books.That's one of my fav.lines...*sigh*...the one u referred to...but I dun'' remember where did I read it-Lol.My bad...is it from "Peer-e-Kamil(SAW)"...??...I guess it is...:D...I would definitely read Amar Bail,now...I wish it is remade soon into a drama!!>...On her thoughts abt love-I sooo agree.It's a phenomenon I always fail to understand.Lol.And her writing definitely reflects her thoughts-I mean one would neva find any cheesy sorts romance or love stories in her books.Tht's the best part abt her books!...

Sadia.khan

desigrl05 IF-Sizzlerz
desigrl05
desigrl05

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 08 September 2011 at 6:01pm | IP Logged
i deffo will read them...! thanks for letting me knwo guys!

Sadia.khan

Sadia.khan IF-Dazzler
Sadia.khan
Sadia.khan

Posted: 09 September 2011 at 2:14am | IP Logged
What about khuda aur mohabbat... Loved this novel...
Batameez. IF-Stunnerz
Batameez.
Batameez.

Posted: 12 September 2011 at 6:05am | IP Logged
Mine is Khuda Aur Mohabbat ;) the only urdu novel i have ever read :) 
sweet-knife Senior Member
sweet-knife
sweet-knife

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 2:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Saddiakhan

No! i hvnt read Khuda aur Muhabbat! iis it dramatised??
Sadia.khan IF-Dazzler
Sadia.khan
Sadia.khan

Posted: 18 September 2011 at 3:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweet-knife

Originally posted by Saddiakhan

No! i hvnt read Khuda aur Muhabbat! iis it dramatised??

Yes:

Edited by Saddiakhan - 18 September 2011 at 3:53pm
tweetyafriend Newbie
tweetyafriend
tweetyafriend

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 4:56am | IP Logged
i have read half story of urdu novel Meri Dharkano Ko Qarar Do by Mariam Aziz  i cant read urdu but i despareatly want to read full story.. can any one of you tell where can i find the english or hindi translation of the story..
PLZZZ help me...

Go to top