Veer Shivaji

Veer Shivaji - All Episode Discussions Here (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 28

Pina11colada

Pina11colada

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 8:24am | IP Logged
Has anyone seen the new promo?
I just saw it..my colors channel was messed up and i couldnt hear the narration

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Veer Shivaji - All Episode Discussions Here (Page 7)" in Veer Shivaji forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Pina11colada

Pina11colada

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
I saw this post on colorstv.in..
And the guy claims that the directors were wrong in showing shahaji with a Janeyu..but then they were kshartiyas right? And kshatriyas are allowed to wear a janeyu..
And that guy claims that Maratha people some clan biradari i guess and could have the adhikaar to wear one!

Edited by Pina11colada - 06 October 2011 at 12:07pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Historylover

Intrepida

IF-Rockerz

Intrepida

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
i loved the convo between shivba and saibai! so cute and adorable, definitely uss soyara ki chaale kaam nahi karne wali!!

Pina11colada

Historylover

IF-Dazzler

Historylover

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
janeyu tradition is very old concept in sanatan dharma...no what state people belong to...i have a few marathi friends who told me that marathis also wear janeyu...the only difference is of the gaanth in the janeyu...kshatriya have lesser gaanth in janeyu than brahmins comparatively...i dont think there is anything wrong in showing shivaji wearing janeyuSmile

Intrepida

Pina11colada

Pina11colada

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Historylover

<font color="#006666">janeyu tradition is very old concept in sanatan dharma...no what state people belong to...i have a few marathi friends who told me that marathis also wear janeyu...the only difference is of the gaanth in the janeyu...kshatriya have lesser gaanth in janeyu than brahmins comparatively...i dont think there is anything wrong in showing shivaji wearing janeyuSmile</font>

Yeah..nut that guy refered to the Marathas as a lower clan...
but as far as i know.the bhonsles were desendents of the sisodia rajputs..which meant that they can wear one..
Its sooo confusing..SO many interpreations of the same history Confused

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

HistoryloverIntrepida

Historylover

IF-Dazzler

Historylover

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 12:40pm | IP Logged
@ Ahlada
reallyShocked...but not all marathas belong to lower clan...they are also divides in 4 castes like others...i don't know much...but marathi brahmins and kshatriya are always there who belong to upper caste...for eg- thackareys are marathi brahmins and as u mentioned bhonsles were descendants of shishodia rajputsThumbs Up and there are many more...

Pina11coladaIntrepida

Pina11colada

Pina11colada

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Historylover

<font color="#006666">@ Ahlada</font>
<font color="#006666">reallyShocked...but not all marathas belong to lower clan...they are also divides in 4 castes like others...i don't know much...but marathi brahmins and kshatriya are always there who belong to upper caste...for eg- thackareys are marathi brahmins and as u mentioned bhonsles were descendants of shishodia rajputsThumbs Up and there are many more...</font>

Bhargu...
Check this out www.maratha.net/
Shivaji mahraj had to get a purohit from varansi to prove that he was actually a kshatriya and could be crowned kings...

HistoryloverIntrepida

Historylover

IF-Dazzler

Historylover

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
Thanks AhladaBig smile...i'll check it outWink

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Veer Shivaji Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.