Veer Shivaji - All Episode Discussions Here - Page 6

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by Historylover

<font color="#006666">janeyu tradition is very old concept in sanatan dharma...no what state people belong to...i have a few marathi friends who told me that marathis also wear janeyu...the only difference is of the gaanth in the janeyu...kshatriya have lesser gaanth in janeyu than brahmins comparatively...i dont think there is anything wrong in showing shivaji wearing janeyu😊</font>

Yeah..nut that guy refered to the Marathas as a lower clan...
but as far as i know.the bhonsles were desendents of the sisodia rajputs..which meant that they can wear one..
Its sooo confusing..SO many interpreations of the same history πŸ˜•
@ Ahlada
really😲...but not all marathas belong to lower clan...they are also divides in 4 castes like others...i don't know much...but marathi brahmins and kshatriya are always there who belong to upper caste...for eg- thackareys are marathi brahmins and as u mentioned bhonsles were descendants of shishodia rajputsπŸ‘πŸΌ and there are many more...
Originally posted by Historylover

<font color="#006666">@ Ahlada</font>
<font color="#006666">really😲...but not all marathas belong to lower clan...they are also divides in 4 castes like others...i don't know much...but marathi brahmins and kshatriya are always there who belong to upper caste...for eg- thackareys are marathi brahmins and as u mentioned bhonsles were descendants of shishodia rajputsπŸ‘πŸΌ and there are many more...</font>

Bhargu...
Check this out www.maratha.net/
Shivaji mahraj had to get a purohit from varansi to prove that he was actually a kshatriya and could be crowned kings...
Thanks AhladaπŸ˜ƒ...i'll check it outπŸ˜‰
ooo i watched todays episode shiva and sai they looks so adorblbe together nd there chemistry is unbeliveble such a innocent nd cute love betwwen them :)
Originally posted by Pina11colada

Bhargu...
Check this out www.maratha.net/
Shivaji mahraj had to get a purohit from varansi to prove that he was actually a kshatriya and could be crowned kings...

darn! thats a bit messed, i wish there was a system like that for today's politicians! lol πŸ˜†
I liked their convo too Sai and Shivaji. Even in history it is written had Sai Bai lived longer, the course of history and Shivaji's life would have changed, that's how Sai made an impact in Shivaji's life . It is sad she died after giving birth to Shambhaji. Although Shivaji had 7 other wives from different Marathis families (mostly to unite the Marathas), he only truly loved Sai. Even a Muslim king offered his daughter to Shivaji ( Shivaji was a real catch πŸ˜†) but politely declined. Bechara probably thought 8 was enough πŸ˜†

Speaking of Marathi, my best friend is one (she is Bhramin too) and her grandmom told me they dun wear mehendi when they get married, it's not part of their tradition. Also during their wedding they wear a six yard green saree.

Just my personal observation, I think Marathi's tradition and customs and South Indians especially the Iyers have similarities.  If I am not mistaken Shivaji had extended his kingdom extensively in Tamil Nadu. Just a thought thought, not to offend anyone.😊

Shivaji practiced religion tolerance, allowed people to practice their religion as well as protected mosques.

One thing I noticed how the women played a real impact in the all the politics be it Begum huzur or Jijabai πŸ˜‰
Edited by fuzzyface - 12 years ago
Originally posted by fuzzyface

I liked their convo too Sai and Shivaji. Even in history it is written had Sai Bai lived longer, the course of history and Shivaji's life would have changed, that's how Sai made an impact in Shivaji's life . It is sad she died after giving birth to Shambhaji. Although Shivaji had 7 other wives from different Marathis families (mostly to unite the Marathas), he only truly loved Sai. Even a Muslim king offered his daughter to Shivaji ( Shivaji was a real catch πŸ˜†) but politely declined. Bechara probably thought 8 was enough πŸ˜†

Speaking of Marathi, my best friend is one (she is Bhramin too) and her grandmom told me they dun wear mehendi when they get married, it's not part of their tradition. Also during their wedding they wear a six yard green saree.

Just my personal observation, I think Marathi's tradition and customs and South Indians especially the Iyers have similarities.  If I am not mistaken Shivaji had extended his kingdom extensively in Tamil Nadu. Just a thought thought, not to offend anyone.😊

Shivaji practiced religion tolerance, allowed people to practice their religion as well as protected mosques.

One thing I noticed how the women played a real impact in the all the politics be it Begum huzur or Jijabai πŸ˜‰

yes if Saibai had lived longer, it would have changed history 😭

poor Shivaji, 8 ko patane ki liye akela tha!! Saibai would have probably taken care of some of them πŸ˜†

yes the two powerful ladies are the brains behind the men πŸ˜†, showing that you dont have to be in a position of actual power! They are parallel to the men of power.

Originally posted by ratilal22192

yes if Saibai had lived longer, it would have changed history 😭

poor Shivaji, 8 ko patane ki liye akela tha!! Saibai would have probably taken care of some of them πŸ˜†

yes the two powerful ladies are the brains behind the men πŸ˜†, showing that you dont have to be in a position of actual power! They are parallel to the men of power.

yes you are right, in many ways women often become the strength to all these great leaders even until today. I personally think it's better to become a kingmaker than a king πŸ˜‰
Originally posted by fuzzyface

yes you are right, in many ways women often become the strength to all these great leaders even until today. I personally think it's better to become a kingmaker than a king πŸ˜‰

as they say, the man may be the head of the family but the woman is the neck and they can turn the head anyway they choose!!πŸ˜†