Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
@Tiny15

Yeah human nature...But then, it's also human to feel bad if one is saddled with labels or assumptions related to personal characteristics or faces this cheeky, indirect way of attacking.πŸ˜”

We can't control certain things, but at least I hope there could be discussion on where to draw the line - both in direct cases and indirect ones.

Yes I know certain books or movies were banned in India. But they had more to do with religion and religious sentiments. 

I don't think we have to take serial as religion and give its characters THIS much regard! I hope it is not expected...πŸ˜•

I didn't misunderstand you - I meant to say it was good that you did say that such approach of talking about faults or mistakes of positive characters or appreciate a good quality in a negative character - generally was not considered and some people could have problem with it. I didn't meant to say that you were dictating to me what I should do. But your honest feedback at least made me think there are more issues than just expressing one's POV in a forum.

About demeaning characters - actually I wrote it not for you, but in the concern of the topic I had set out to discuss. So please, do not feel it was about you. I do agree there are some people who point out faults or weaknesses in portrayal of positive character intentionally. But isn't bashing or genuine stuff distinguishable? If it is, and if genuine concern is okay, then why a need for indirect backlash and snide commentary or character-related remarks? [Not that I am asking this again to elicit discussion. I know it is not going anywhere now. I just wrote it to tell you I do understand what you were trying to say to me.😊]

Haha! Good you think it will not end up like this- since you have experience of both forums!πŸ˜‰

You agree with some statements of others - please, could you elaborate which ones?

About like button? Sheesh!😡 I have even begun to HATE the very mention of ''like'' button now, ever since Antara made it look like it's all basically about ''likes''! 😲Please feel free to do what you want to do, Tiny, I mean, it's not like I want members to hit ''like'' button on my posts! That is too small, petty and insignificant!!  Really I am honestly not concerned about it and you do not need to let me know you also hit the like button on a post!  Please! It's entirely your call whether you wish to hit the like button or not. 

I am wondering how this ''like'' button is figuring so much in this topic??!! Ab toh yeh button dekha hi nahin jata! Ek button ke mention ne topic ka kachra kar diya! I wish I had never mentioned it even as an example!  Mujhe kya pata tha ki sab kuch chhod kar iske baare mein baat ban jayegi!

atominis thumbnail
@Tiny15

Yeah human nature...But then, it's also human to feel bad if one is saddled with labels or assumptions related to personal characteristics or faces this cheeky, indirect way of attacking.πŸ˜”

We can't control certain things, but at least I hope there could be discussion on where to draw the line - both in direct cases and indirect ones.

Yes I know certain books or movies were banned in India. But they had more to do with religion and religious sentiments. 

I don't think we have to take serial as religion and give its characters THIS much regard! I hope it is not expected...πŸ˜•

I didn't misunderstand you - I meant to say it was good that you did say that such approach of talking about faults or mistakes of positive characters or appreciate a good quality in a negative character - generally was not considered and some people could have problem with it. I didn't meant to say that you were dictating to me what I should do. But your honest feedback at least made me think there are more issues than just expressing one's POV in a forum.

About demeaning characters - actually I wrote it not for you, but in the concern of the topic I had set out to discuss. So please, do not feel it was about you. I do agree there are some people who point out faults or weaknesses in portrayal of positive character intentionally. But isn't bashing or genuine stuff distinguishable? If it is, and if genuine concern is okay, then why a need for indirect backlash and snide commentary or character-related remarks? [Not that I am asking this again to elicit discussion. I know it is not going anywhere now. I just wrote it to tell you I do understand what you were trying to say to me.😊]

Haha! Good you think it will not end up like this- since you have experience of both forums!πŸ˜‰

You agree with some statements of others - please, could you elaborate which ones?

About like button? Sheesh!😡 I have even begun to HATE the very mention of ''like'' button now, ever since Antara made it look like it's all basically about ''likes''! 😲Please feel free to do what you want to do, Tiny, I mean, it's not like I want members to hit ''like'' button on my posts! That is too small, petty and insignificant!!  Really I am honestly not concerned about it and you do not need to let me know you also hit the like button on a post!  Please! It's entirely your call whether you wish to hit the like button or not. 

I am wondering how this ''like'' button is figuring so much in this topic??!! Ab toh yeh button dekha hi nahin jata! Ek button ke mention ne topic ka kachra kar diya! I wish I had never mentioned it even as an example!  Mujhe kya pata tha ki sab kuch chhod kar iske baare mein baat ban jayegi!

Still, thanks a lot once again for patient responses Tiny. Much appreciated. 

atominis thumbnail
@redapple

More than a hug, I think the first thing I need to do is to borrow your signature!! Guess that would help a lot more.

Yeah it's all over from my side. I also openly regret even starting it. 

Peace out!

@mods 

I ended up making a double post to Tiny15. Please delete one of them. Sorry for the mistake.
Suchi- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: redapple1

@all: My sincere request is just write what you feel. If people get offended by your posts, then tough luck. If they write counter arguments, if you feel like defending your stance on those points write back or choose to ignore. Now please group hug everyone...

Me FIRSTTT group HUGGG!! : ))))
Picasso9 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
@genie

I was not being casual or dismissive of Annika's posts. In fact I qualified my statement in my last post by saying That what has value for me may not necessarily be true for someone else.

Anyway, Annika asked several questions and made several statements in her initial post which resulted in varied responses. No one trivialized her post, in fact, it was a genuine attempt to either validate or refute or attempt to answer or all of the above in our responses. Given the initial generalization of the post, it is a given that interpretations would be varied too.

Using the EXCUSE I don't want to cause someone health problems if my post offends them SEEMS to me to be cover for,
'there are cliques here', 'either one is for or against you'. So if I don't agree with Annika in this thread then I must be friends with Suchi and Antara and Vasu...

Isn't that a double standard like Annika's statement about being either Anandi fans or Gauri fans but you cannot be neutral.

It's like what came first, the chicken or the egg? Isn't Annika using the same methods she is protesting against. She has not yet answered my one question about counter threads that she herself promoted and I even quoted her for easy reference. It is easy to cry, I am being misunderstood but how much of understanding is being done on her end?

Lastly we did not with intent seek out Annika to ridicule or trivialize her post. She made claims and asked questions. Nothing was rhetorical about her post. Based upon our individual interpretations and understanding we responded. My question is why are you dismissing our responses as invalid? To us it is very valid.

I thank you for your compliments and want to be clear that the only reason I shared a little of my personal life was to illustrate my point that to be there are more important things in life than the censoring of posts.
atominis thumbnail
Originally posted by: woman11

annika: I thought I will not talk about this anymore but I have to say a few  things:

1. I have already apologized if I misunderstood your post. Reading a post is completely upto a specific reader. You cannot control the thoughts a reader gets by reading something. That's precisely why a single piece of literature can be interpreted in 100 ways. I understood your post in a certain way, you countered my understanding and clarified things.So we both got to express our individual thoughts.  Fine, the matter is settled. Why do you keep harping about it? It's not my fault if I get a different meaning from the post than what you intended it to be, especially when there are no specific examples. The only examples that you gave did convey a different message to me.
But anyway, I would like to apologize again. It is not my intention to hurt you or anyone. I am really sorry if I did hurt you.

2. Please don't blame me for turning the course of the discussion and making other members follow suit. Nobody is blind here, nor am I the messiah that people follow my words loyally. Each person expresses his or her own thought, nobody is responsible for formulating those thoughts. I saw parri expressing the same ideas that I got from reading your post. Now do you mean to say I influenced parri's thinking? It's not only an attack on me but also an insult to parri's thoughts since she is supposed to just follow what I say, not apply her own logic. Same goes for every member who liked my posts. It's not their own opinion or understanding of the posts, they blindly support whatever I say!!!

3. I joined the discussion because there was nothing in the starting topic that referred to the recent happenings in the forum. There were no direct references to the actual posts you were referring to. So I just went by the examples you gave me. You mentioned about your post on Jagya being appreciated but people not liking your post on Anandi. You mentioned about not getting enough responses for the AAA post in JT. That's why I took up those points. And again, let me clarify, I did not intend to malign anybody, nor do I have the power to influence members. Each member knows how to read and what to understand.

4. My goodwill lay in the fact that I asked you to ignore people who attack you. And this is my response to you too Anjani: if you are concerned about appeasing people who take offense at your post then you might be giving undue importance to people. How should it matter what other people like or not like? You carry on with your own posts as long as nobody stops you.
And if you are concerned about people getting heart attack over posts, then maybe those people need a heart surgery. You are not responsible for pleasing anyone, or taking care or someone's health if people get upset over forum discussions. It's their problem, not yours.

Anyway, I will seriously stop now. I have reduced my visits to the forum. I just stopped by yesterday and joined the discussion. However, I will stay away from the forum now. I don't want to influence other people's thoughts, or take the blame of taking over a discussion single-handedly and distorting it solely by my posts. I seriously did not know my words had so much power.

Again let me apologize once again. I AM SORRY . I certainly don't want you to feel "helpless" just because I dared to express my thoughts. So they better be CENSORED. Let me delete all the posts I made in this thread so that if somebody reads this thread later will not be influenced by what I said.

@woman11

For the last time:

- I am not out there to control any reader's thoughts or perception. I know one thing that I talked about a lot more things than just likes or getting feedback. Those things were never a point. But you made it all about those things only. 

BTW, using the thing you said to me, I would also like to say that even a serial can be interpreted by different viewers differently. So why do people have problems and resort to snide remarks? [It is not for you, it's again an attempt to underline the intent of the topic. So please don't take it personally.]

- I ''blame'' you because even you can see what kind of discussion was happening before you posted and what it got reduced to, after you posted. I am not that naive nor is anyone else.

I meant to say the exchange between you and me (my replies to your points) made it go awry. I don't question Parri's intelligence. I did not do so either directly or INDIRECTLY.

- There were main points na? But you chose to speak just because there was a mention of a thread you are emotional about? Still, it's okay and you did exercise your liberty to act in any way you wanted.

- Kudos to you for daring to express what you wanted to.πŸ‘ I am helpless not only because of you, but because of collective effects of underhand stuff done by members and also the awry turn of this thread. 

Again thanks to this sharp reply by you and deleting all your posts, this thread will seem like a fight or personal vengeance thread.

- Deleting it all or not deleting it, now makes no difference. I said already that IT IS OVER! And I DO REGRET why I chose to talk in the first place!!

No need to leave over a discussion in this thread. Old-timers, regulars and valuable members like you need to stay. Sorry from the bottom of my heart for making you or anyone else feel bad or frustrated. That was never my intention but I know all my clarifications are going to be useless as always.

I have NO more intention on talking either in this thread or any other. 

P.S - You talk about direction of thread? A thread about appreciating an actor made that actor's fan was ruined and made a bashing ''character'' one, another character-related fan war. Another one is about a completely different topic but becomes about age-groups! What were those? Which members did it?

This thread is also going on similar tracks.

So it's all over from my side either in this thread or the forums. Declared it earlier, declaring it now.

atominis thumbnail
@Parri

Please it is not just about Suchi only. It's also about remarks on understanding, background, being not in touch with reality, or taking into account condition of poor people, psyche etc. That one statement by Suchi was used by Anjani only as an example!

Look at Tanvi also! She cannot take even counter arguments. But she commented about my lack of understanding of psychology of women and apathy towards condition of poor people. 

I did not name her, else she also comes in and takes it as a war! So I gave an example of nature of posts but did NOT name anyone.

If I feel bad about personal talks about her age-group. I also say she is also indulging in it.

There was one member who seemed new, he/she instantly ''derived'' the meaning that Anandi is being called gawar - even though I had only talked about negative portrayal of educated girls or urban city people. I had not mentioned Anandi anywhere in it. Still I got this stuff about having mentality of underestimating rural area people!

Similarly in past, some other less active and new members have talked about personal-sounding stuff (not just for me, but in general) - about understanding, experience, age, education, environment or background of a person etc. - and all such assumptions related to a person just on the basis of his post!

Counter arguments - but making personal assumptions is no way of countering arguments! Or is it? If it is, then let me know that it is and I need not feel anything wrong in it, nor does anyone else!

She and I have stated many times about several like examples being there.

When did I say there are cliques? I only asked even in initial post - that are we always supposed to be under labels of either a fan or hater? That is because strong and extreme responses make it seem so! A discussion about portrayal of social reform, is taken as an attack on Anandi, same case if a discussion on medical profession is taken as an attack on Gauri! So I sought answers to get more clarity!

About the post you quoted -

I responded earlier, and I tell now - I don't expect everyone to make their separate threads or let fans of a particular character do whatever they want.  Counter threads are OKAY! I did say that! But I do have problems mainly with indirect referencing and snide comments in other general threads.

It is also gets strange when counter threads are made in case of one person but not the other. I am sorry, I may have been wrong in feeling like this - but that is what I asked Suchi, why no counter threads in reaction to Vasuja's funny thread? But a quick counter thread when I or Tinoo post? 

That is what I ask! At least when GAGA fans make counter threads - they make them to counter a view and don't make any discrimination between members. They will regularly counter anyone and they also openly declare they made it to counter other thread! Even if they report someone, they openly declare they did it! That openness leaves no room for any feeling of misunderstanding at least.

You say you or Antara did not trivialise it. Sorry to say, it does look like trivialising only, if whole responses are based on a small thing called like button! 

If you want to refute the questions, will you deliberately flare up petty issues to defeat the topic and make it look like a petty personal war thread?

Why are you only asking questions to me? Please, it is not about me or what I want!

I had created the thread to learn what everyone (all not just you or Anandi fans!) wants!! I am being interrogated as if I need to spell out what I want in each aspect! 

About the intent of the topic or my reasons for not taking names, please see this part of my response to Antara:

It is not like I have never directly talked to people. I have done it, not just with Suchi but other members too. But I did not have the energy to clarify myself or take ''such'' posts regularly. So I thought of creating a generic topic, to have a wholesome discussion on what is acceptable or what is not, so that such situations never arise or at least reduce in future!

Why just Suchi? I created this topic, and deliberately did not mention names or quote posts because I wanted to get feedback and honest discussion from all fans - even GAGA ones! And finally reduce or put an end to such underhanded stuff, later members taking it up with other members and others simply saying they did not mean this or did not mean that or that they got emotional out of favouritism.

The reaction to a post about Anandi in a funny thread was about Khusi - she (and I guess one other member too..don't remember the id) had told me to go a bit easy on her. I appreciate that she opened up in this thread and replied honestly about her feelings, without taking it some other way or doubting my intention.

There's some more too. But I am MORE INTERESTED in talking about the underlying issue, rather than making it a war or complaints between certain people! And as far as I know, EVERYONE knows what the issue is! I have strove to talk only about the issue in each post in this thread. Not due to double standards but due to an issue which does pervade the forum and could do with some reduction or complete end!

So don't think of me doing the same thing which I am seeking a solution to resolve. 

I am sorry if I was unable to convey the intent of the topic and seemed like preaching what I do not practise, but honestly that is not what I had intended to do.

It is not supposed to be a personal vengeance thread - I never made it with such an intent.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I admit with bowed head and folded hands that I do not intend to fight or take it any further. I have realised I should not have created such a topic in the first place itself!  I have also realised it would be useless on my part to repeat same things again and again. 

Such, or any post from my side, shall not happen again in the forums. Sorry for bothering. I HONESTLY QUIT.

Picasso9 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Annika, in my post to Genie I stated the things I did about you because she was defending your stance.

Furthermore, I mentioned cliques because you brought it up yourself when you asked Antara about the 'old girl's club with regard to JT. Also you state that counter posts are made against you or Tinoo by certain A supporters but GaGA supporters make counter threads to counter a view and not discriminate against a member. You yourself and making a distinction in how you view responses from Gaga members and A members.

tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

@annika i can't specify those post as  all posts now seems 2 b mixed. but the points like sum were raised by woman11 & parri & sum oders in this thread abt clearifying their stands & abt not taking it as in a bad taste (atleast i infered this only from their posts)!! and sum posts i didn't read bcoz of time prob. & i replied ur all ques as that time i'vn't any time prob so able 2 reply & nxt one also bcos i want 2 clarify sum things & its not like that i don't care abt clarifying things but i want 2 do this bcoz i don't want misunderstandings btn all the frnds in this forum!!

i think this discussion got a bit heated up bcoz of misunderstanding each oder's POV!! and we mayve also taken it prsnl & i m also including myself in this!!😊😊

i think u started the topic in general context(its my POV i infered like this only) but may b sum oders may've taken sum of part it as prsnl & tried 2 clearify their POV!!

and then u may've also take it as prsnl & misunderstood them & got serious!!!😊😊 

and like Suchi'd said don't take these things seriously!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†and its not only abt u but like rdapple'd said give all a grp hug!!πŸ€—πŸ€—

Suchi- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
annika yaar , acha I am sorry if I hurt you

Now a hug is in call

πŸ€—

and don't worry , once Anandi does something 'foolish' I will be back in the defending mode : ) cause thats my craze about her character.

πŸ˜‰