Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

+* Krishna's diverse astra-shastras *+ (Page 3)

Poll Question: How do you rate the battle scenes & special effects in this serial?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [30.00%]
5 [50.00%]
1 [10.00%]
1 [10.00%]
0 [0.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 08 September 2011 at 12:02am | IP Logged
In Krishna's battle w/ Indra last night, one thing they showed was Indra invoking a skeleton from which lightning emerged, that Krishna blocked w/ his Koumadaki mace.  But they looked like they've confused the Vajra w/ Dadhichi's weapon.

When Indra battled Vritra and was initially unsuccessful, he found out later that since Vritra had been created by Twastha, the only weapon that could kill him would be one made from the bones of Dadhichi, whose austerities matched Twastha's.  So he approached that sage, who took an yogic pose and gave up his life.  W/ his bones, a mace was built (I think by Vishwakarma) which Indra used to kill Vritra.  (Another story was Indra using foam to kill Vritra @ twilight, and since Vishnu entered the foam, Vritra was killed: reason was Indra had made Vritra a promise not to kill him in day or night, and neither w/ a wet weapon nor w/ a dry one)

So they'd have done better had they shown Indra w/ a lightning bolt in hand, and sending it towards Krishna.  Incidentally, they made the same error in the Ramayan, when they showed Indra using a skeletal like weapon to down baal Hanuman.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "+* Krishna's diverse astra-shastras *+ (Page 3)" in Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 16 February 2012 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
In today's episode, as I noted in the EDT, Krishna directed his sudarshan chakra to protect Pradhyumna.  The Sudarshan went out just when the Daima was trying to kidnap Pradhyumna again.  The Sudarshan moves towards her, but the Daima surrenders and says Jai Shri Krishna, which was enough to to stop the discus & send it back, w/ the Daima mocking it as it left.  

This was the most bizarre part of the episode - the discus not 'knowing' whether the enemy was genuine in its surrender. Wacko  B'cos the Sudarshan wasn't exactly an inanimate weapon in the sense that it was intelligent enough (think of SMART bombs) to go after the fiery demon that Sudakshina, the ruler of Kashi, sent against it after the death of Paundrak and his father.  Similarly, in all demonstrations of its power, the discus took on exactly the forces that Vishnu or Krishna, whoever wielded it, wanted destroyed and did its work.

And it's ridiculous to think that just by a pretense of piety, it could be tricked into letting go of its target.  As the incident w/ Vishnu executing Bhrigu's wife Divya showed, it just unquestioningly did whatever Vishnu wanted.  As a comparative example, when Ashwatthama released his Narayanastra against the Pandavas following the death of Drona, and Bhima persisted in opposing it even though everyone else had surrendered, the weapon continued to attack him until Bhima genuinely listened to the pleas of Krishna & Arjuna and decided not to oppose it.

Given what's known about Vishnu's weapons, it's unbelievable that Krishna sent out his Sudarshan to protect Pradhyumna, and it got hoodwinked so easily.  But I guess insulting divine weapons of the deities is more acceptable to Sagar Pictures than showing what actually happened i.e. Krishna not being prepared for this, and Shambara kidnapping Pradhyumna and leaving Rukmini, and maybe even Krishna as well, shell shocked.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vedantka-Surya_Forever-varaali

-Surya_Forever-

Groupbie

-Surya_Forever-

Posted: 16 February 2012 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
yes ..and even more bizarre part was discus talking with lord..it said something like "jo agya" ..

vedantka

Groupbie

vedantka

Posted: 16 February 2012 at 2:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

In today's episode, as I noted in the EDT, Krishna directed his sudarshan chakra to protect Pradhyumna.  The Sudarshan went out just when the Daima was trying to kidnap Pradhyumna again.  The Sudarshan moves towards her, but the Daima surrenders and says Jai Shri Krishna, which was enough to to stop the discus & send it back, w/ the Daima mocking it as it left.  

This was the most bizarre part of the episode - the discus not 'knowing' whether the enemy was genuine in its surrender. Wacko  B'cos the Sudarshan wasn't exactly an inanimate weapon in the sense that it was intelligent enough (think of SMART bombs) to go after the fiery demon that Sudakshina, the ruler of Kashi, sent against it after the death of Paundrak and his father.  Similarly, in all demonstrations of its power, the discus took on exactly the forces that Vishnu or Krishna, whoever wielded it, wanted destroyed and did its work.

And it's ridiculous to think that just by a pretense of piety, it could be tricked into letting go of its target.  As the incident w/ Vishnu executing Bhrigu's wife Divya showed, it just unquestioningly did whatever Vishnu wanted.

I'm sooo disappointed
 In spite of trying my best I actually feel kind of embarrassment watching it and it is truly getting boring and annoying.
Yesterday  I watched Pradyumna's episode by Ramanand Sagar "Shri Krishna", it was so beautifully presented, no way to get bored or impatient but here it is beyond weird, it feels almost insane. First SP made Sudama quite insane; now they make Krishn act weird and Sudarshan Chakra's latest idea is an ABSOLUTE NONSENSE.

I'll try to watch Dwarkadheesh a bit more as I like the actors' team quite a lot but it became a chore. And as I mentioned in one of my first posts I'd NOT like to watch it with some negativity in my  mind.
BUT  SP make absolutely amazing effort
Ouch to put at least me ( I think I was the most tolerant of you guys as my knowledge of Mahabharat is less than basic) into negative mode.

Even I know that thee
name"Jai Shree Krishn" works ONLY if a person who utters this Divine Name does it with 100% pure heart and total surrender.
Even if somebody endlessly repeats the very same mantra but not as a name of Krishn but as merely words it can and will NEVER work!
Otherwise we could use this or any other mantra in everyday life just saying it casually to save us from all sorts of troubles
LOL

Why does SP engages in this truly ignorant imaginary stuff instead of following the Scriptures that have sooo much to offer ?????????????
Why do they have to mutilate the Scriptures so much?
Do SP have no respect for the historical and Divine values of the Bharatiya Scriptures?

Edited by vedantka - 16 February 2012 at 6:44pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 18 February 2012 at 9:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

IAs a comparative example, when Ashwatthama released his Narayanastra against the Pandavas following the death of Drona, and Bhima persisted in opposing it even though everyone else had surrendered, the weapon continued to attack him until Bhima genuinely listened to the pleas of Krishna & Arjuna and decided not to oppose it.

Could you elaborate this story a little more?  I am hearing this for the first time. 

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 18 February 2012 at 12:22pm | IP Logged

Beholding Bhimasena overwhelmed by that weapon, Dhananjaya, for baffling its energy, covered him with the Varuna weapon. In consequence of the lightness of Arjuna's arms, and owing also to the fiery force that shrouded Bhima, none could see that the latter had been covered with theVaruna weapon. Shrouded with the weapon of Drona's son, Bhima, his steeds, driver, and car became incapable of being gazed at, like a fire of blazing flame in the midst of another fire. As at the close of the night, O king, all the luminaries run towards the Asta hill, even so the fiery shafts (of Aswatthaman) all began to proceed towards Bhimasena's car. Indeed, Bhima himself, his car, steeds, and driver, O sire, thus shrouded by Drona's son seemed to be in the midst of a conflagration. As the (Yuga) fire consuming the entire universe with its mobile and immobile creatures when the hour of dissolution comes, at last enters the mouth of the Creator, even so at the weapon of Drona's son began to enter the body of Bhimasena. As one cannot perceive a fire if it penetrates into the sun or the sun if it enters into a fire, even so none could perceive that energy which penetrated into Bhima's body. Beholding that weapon thus investing Bhima all around, and seeing Drona's son swelling with energy and might, the latter being then without an antagonist, and observing also that all the warriors of the Pandava army had laid down their weapons and that all the mighty car-warriors of that host headed by Yudhishthira had turned away their faces from the foe, those two heroes, viz., Arjuna and Vasudeva, both endued with great splendour, quickly alighting from their car, ran towards Bhima. Those two mighty men, diving into that energy born of the might of Aswatthaman's weapon, had resorted to the power of illusion. The fire of that weapon consumed them not, in consequence of their having laid aside their weapons, as also in consequence of the force of the Varuna weapon, and owing also to the energy possessed by themselves. Then Nara and Narayana, for the pacification of Narayana weapon, began forcibly to drag Bhima and all his weapons. Thus dragged by them, Kunti's son, that mighty car-warrior, began to roar aloud. Thereupon, that terrible and invincible weapon of Drona's son began to increase (in might and energy). Then Vasudeva, addressing Bhima, said, 'How is it, O son of Pandu, that though forbidden by us, thou, O son of Kunti, dost not yet abstain from battle? If the Kurus could now be vanquished in battle, then we, as also all these foremost of men, would certainly have continued to fight. Behold, all the warriors of thy host have alighted from their cars. For this reason, O son of Kunti, do thou also come down from thy car.' Having said these words, Krishna brought Bhima down from his car. The latter, with eyes red as blood in rage, was sighing like a snake. When, however, he was dragged down from his car and made to lay aside his weapons, the Narayana weapon, that scorcher of foes, became pacified.'

Emphasis mine

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 13 April 2012 at 2:11pm | IP Logged
Have you ever wondered whether Krishna had all his divine powers when the Yadava fratricide took place?  Many would wonder that despite possessing the sudarshan and other divine weapons of Vishnu, why did Krishna pluck a mace from the ground when Pradhyumna & Satyaki were killed?  Reason is not so much the divine reason that Krishna wanted it to happen that way - true as it was - but also one that may be more surprising to the reader.

The answer is that Krishna no longer had these weapons.  In Mausala parva, it's described how Krishna lost all his divine possessions

In the very sight of the Vrishnis, the discus of Krishna, given by Agni, made of iron and having its nave composed of hardest adamant, ascended into the firmament. In the very sight of Daruka, the excellent car of Vasudeva, of solar effulgence, and properly equipped, was taken away by the horses yoked unto it. Those foremost of steeds, numbering four, (Saivya, Sugriva, Meghapushpa and Valahaka), and endued with the speed of thought, fled away, dragging the car after them along the surface of the ocean. The two great standards of Krishna's car and Valadeva's car, that with the device of Garuda and that bearing the device of the palmyra, which were reverently worshipped by those two heroes, were taken away by Apsaras who, day and night, called upon the Vrishnis and the Andhakas to set out on a pilgrimage to some sacred water.

So essentially, Krishna lost his discus and all other accessories b4 that fateful feast in Prabhasa, and so didn't have much power to stop the fight.  The curses of the rishis as well as Gandhari had taken effect.

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 11 June 2012 at 11:22am | IP Logged

Story of Sudarshana Chakra

Sudarshana chakra (a bladed discus) was Vishnu's weapon. Vishnu received this wonderful weapon as a result of Shiva's grace.

Many years ago, the demons oppressed the gods and the gods went to Vishnu for deliverance. Vishnu said that the demons were so powerful, that he would first have to worship Shiva if something was to be done about the asuras. Vishnu went to Mount Kailasa and bean to pray to Shiva. He chanted many mantras, but there was no sign of Shiva. Shiva has a thousand names and Vishnu next started to chant these names. Each day he chanted the thousand names and offered a thousand lotus flowers to Shiva. 

Shiva decided to test Vishnu. One day, he stole a lotus flower from the thousand that were to be offered. When Vishnu realized that there was one lotus flower less, he gouged out his own eye and offered it in place of the missing lotus flower. Shiva was now pleased and appeared before Vishnu. He offered to grant Vishnu a boon.

You know that the powerful demons have been oppressing the gods, said Vishnu. I need a weapon to fight the demons with. Please give me a weapon.

Shiva then gave Vishnu the sudarshana chakra. And with this weapon, Vishnu killed the demons.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.