Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

+* Krishna's diverse astra-shastras *+

Poll Question: How do you rate the battle scenes & special effects in this serial?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [30.00%]
5 [50.00%]
1 [10.00%]
1 [10.00%]
0 [0.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 17 August 2011 at 2:50am | IP Logged

Everything is covered well by Vrish, just wanted to add 1 thing, Krishna's discus is shown moving in anti-clockwise direction, shouldn't that be moving in clockwise direction.( In IPL Mumbai Indian's symbol discus, when changed from anti-clockwise movement to clockwise movement , they started doing betterLOL)

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

vik rocksvaraalilaapRoarkcoolpratz.Vrish...RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "+* Krishna's diverse astra-shastras *+" in Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 17 August 2011 at 2:57am | IP Logged
^^^ ASR made the same mistake - if you see my avatar - the first gif of Narayan, the discus on his finger is rotating anti-clockwise, just like Krishna's in this serial.  But since both were right handed, shouldn't it have spun clockwise?  Anti-clockwise would have made sense if sent from the left hand index finger, no?

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-vik rocksmnx12Roark..RamKiJanaki..

camella

IF-Dazzler

camella

PRCís observer (Pratha)

Posted: 17 August 2011 at 6:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

Everything is covered well by Vrish, just wanted to add 1 thing, Krishna's discus is shown moving in anti-clockwise direction, shouldn't that be moving in clockwise direction.( In IPL Mumbai Indian's symbol discus, when changed from anti-clockwise movement to clockwise movement , they started doing betterLOL)

LOL eagle eyes!!! LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vik rocksmnx12Roark

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 17 August 2011 at 7:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by camella

Originally posted by mnx12

LOL eagle eyes!!! LOL
 There was an article about thisLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vik rocks.Vrish.

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 29 August 2011 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
Most of us would have noticed, as the battle b/w Krishna and Narakasura is in progress, Krishna uses all his weapons- viz- Sudarshan Chakra, Kaumodaki, Nandaka, Sharanga and Panchajanya. 

Here is a sloka in praise of all of Vishnu's weapons-

Sphurad sahasrara Shikhadhi theevram,
Sudarshanam Bhaskara koti thulyam,
Suradvisham prana vinasi vishno,
Chakram Sadaham saranam prapadhye. 1 {Sudarshan Chakra}

surrender always to the Vishnu's wheel,
Which is sharper than thousands of flames,
Which is equal to billion suns,
And which takes out the life of Rakshasas.

Vishnor mkhothonila poorithasya,
Yasya dwanir Dhanava dharpa hantha,
Tham Pancha janyam, sasi koto shubhram,
SAnkham sadaham saranam Prapadhye. 2 {Panchajanya- Conch}

I surrender always to Lord Vishnu's conch,
Which makes sound due to the air from mouth of the Lord,
Whose sound humbles the pride of Rakshasas,
And which shines like billions of moons.

Hiranmayim Meru samana saram,
Koumodhakeem daithya kulaika hanthrim,
Vaikunta vamagra karabhimrushtam,
Gadham sadaham saranam prapadhye. 3 {Koumodaki - Mace}

I surrender always to Lord Vishnu's mace,
Which is golden and shines like mount Meru,
Which is Koumodhaki, the destroyer of Rakshasa clans,
And which is lucky to be touched by the left hand of Vishnu.

Raksho uraanaam katinogra kanadach-,
Chethakshara sonitha digdha dhaaraam,
Tam Nandakam nama Hare pradeeptham,
Gadgam sadaham saranam prapadhye. 4  {Nandaka-sword}

I surrender always to the sword of Lord Vishnu,
Which is hard, powerful and shines red due to the blood,
Which flows when it cuts the heads of Rakshasas,
And which is called Nandaka and shines in the hand of the Lord.

Ya jjayani nadha sravanath suraanam,
Chethamsi nirmuktha bhayani sadhya,
Bhavanthi daithyasani bana varsha,
SArngam sadaham, saranam prapadhye, 5 {Sharanga - bow}

I surrender always to the Sarnga bow of Vishnu,
Whose sound heralds victory in the mind of devas,
And whose presence removes the fear from their minds,
By reminding of the arrow down pour against Asuras.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriyavik rocksmnx12Surya_krsnbhaktRadhikeranicoolpratz.Vrish.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 29 August 2011 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
One aspect of how Krishna is depicted in mythos is his choice of astra - shastras.  Some serials, like BRC, showed him as a one dimensional warrior who only used his Sudarshan chakra, and nothing else.  Some others, like RSK,did a better job in showing him (and Balarama) use other weapons, like their bows.  Since Krishna is best known as Arjun's charioteer, it is better that he's shown as an all-round warrior in the battles & wars that he did fight in, rather than just someone who used a one-size-fits-all Sudarshan chakra for everything.

This serial has not disappointed me in that regard, whatever its other shortcomings are.  In Krishna's battle w/ Rukmi, they showed him fight using first his arrows, then his sword.  Similarly, Balarama knocked Sishupala's sword b4 getting into a mace fight w/ him.

In Krishna's battle w/ Jambavan, it was a wrestling match, which they somewhat spoiled by having Jambavan attack him w/ weapons.  Earlier, when Krishna fought some demons, he used his arrows to counter their weapons b4 sending his discus @ them.

But nowhere did they show the diversity of Krishna's weapons better than last night.  He used his Saranga bow to destroy the rocks coming @ him, his Sudarshan Chakra to cut into the ocean and twisters, his Nandaki sword to fend off the arrows and his Kaumodaki mace to destroy the boulder blocking him. Thumbs Up

I look forward to more of these battles when he fights Shalva and Paundra Vasudeva.  Oh, and if they show him battling Mahadev (during that Banasura chapter), they should show them use their bows, and same w/ Kartikeya and Pradhyumna.

Use this thread to discuss Krishna's astras, as well as his battles & wars aside from this one (but not including the Kurukshetra war)

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

vik rocksmnx12varaaliRadhikeranicoolpratz

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 29 August 2011 at 11:35pm | IP Logged
Sorry  Vrish,  whlst you were creating this thread, I had simultaneously  posted a sloka on Krishna's different weapons. Only after posting my post did I see this thread. Sorry about it, If you want you can merge the two. 

BTW, shouldn't the topic read as "Krishna's diverse shastra"  as opposed to astra?  Astra, as far as I understand are the special mantra- charged arrows, ropes etc used from a Shastra. Shastra is the actual weapon itself. Astra is what is launched from it. Think of Brahmastra, Paashupatastra etc

Edited by varaali - 29 August 2011 at 11:45pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriyavik rocks.Vrish.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 29 August 2011 at 11:52pm | IP Logged
No need to apologize, and I've merged them, and made it this week's DOTW.  I've also renamed it to astra-shastras - I believe the Saranga would be a shastra, while the Sudarshan, the Kaumodaki and Nandaka would be astras, right?  Incidentally, I never knew that Narayan has a sword - I thought that he only has his Sudarshan and Kaumodaki, while the bow is the one that Parashurama gave Rama after the latter's wedding, and which Rama gave to Varuna later.

Edited by _Vrish_ - 29 August 2011 at 11:54pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriyavik rocks

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.