The Creative Critics Corner: 29/08/11 - Read&Post!

Posted: 12 years ago

Welcome to Piya Bawari Corner for Feedback to the Creatives

The information here is Xclusive to meant for the Creatives & DP Team

Everyone Is Welcome

Start sharing your views, critics and comments

But not to forget few rules & regulations to keep the Thread & Discussion clean & Neat

(Kindly follow the rules)

DISCLAIMER

This Thread will be opened only by the the following Piya Bawari's exclusively for now.. As we days go by the other sincere Bawari's will be given an opportunity to open the Thread.

As of now thread will be opened by

Monday : Elizabeth Darcy - Lizzy

Tuesday : purvimeh - Purvi

Wednesday: Manasi

Thursday : Vandy

--

Piya Bawari RULES

1.     We are going to open new Piya Bawari  corner before airtime All Bawari's can immediately reserve after Lizzy, Purvi, Manasi & Vandy has reserved it'

2.     Shift there once the show finishes & start un reserving if you can

3.     First 2 pages of the can be reserved only for Serious takes for the show,

4.      Share you Viewpoints of the Episode & the story  in the most constructive fashion

5.  Feed back and Appreciation for the Actors & the Team is welcome. No Bashing or using derogatory terms. Members will be reported immediately

6.     Do not spam this thread & keep discussion not connected to the Epi of the show out from here.!

7. Don't multiple QUOTE use "@" to reply this will keep the page Clean and readable for the rest

8.    Please refrain from comparing the leads from their previous shows.

--

So Go ahead & start your feedbacks..Anyone & everyone is welcome no permission is required.

Lets bring the Actors to the top in IF rankings by joining their fan clubs & writing in their fan clubs twice(max allowed) every day.. 

Give them link of Chaska Meter/The fanclub Page for both Hc & Asiya

--

Edited by Elizabeth Darcy - 12 years ago

For the time being we will follow a format for the review, which will  be as follows:

PoV of Overall Epi:

Points that we liked:

Points that we disliked:

Mention Bloopers:

Msgs for the lead Actors (Sincere Comments):

Msgs for the rest of the cast../team/makeup/costume department:

Suggestions for handling of tracks:

Other suggestions:

-

Come here once the epi is done to post your comments! πŸ˜ƒ

PoV of Overall Epi: Too much emphasis on Baapji and his rule over the household and too little emphasis on the main characters. I wouldn't even have minded an equal balance with the other characters showing some traits besides their typical ones but even the spoof seemed more like an extension of what they feel about Baapji. The leads, Mohan and Kastur, are barely seen for more than  a few minutes. Unfortunately this has been repeated since Mohan has stepped in - the family seems to get more screen-space than the leads themselves.

Points that we liked: The Mohan-Mama conversation, Saroj-Bhanu's excitement over Mohan, Saroj telling Baapji that Bharat is not paraaya.

Points that we disliked: The masala segment wasn't all that necessary. Also, Baapji seems to be eating up a lot of space. I  know he may be a primary hurdle for Mohan and Kastur later and therefore an important part of the story, but how is it fair that we see him for 3/4th of the episode, and a few minutes apiece for the leads?

Mention Bloopers: So far...none that  I can see in this episode. But one major problem I would point out for one of the previous episodes is that Kastur's mother Shardha is complimented for maintaining peace finally between Pradeep and Jitu - but in the actual scene that's not the case. EVERYONE pitches in, including Pradeep himself,  and it was  mostly Kastur who eventually got Jitu to talk to Pradeep again. Considering that this track was used to introduce the Dharampatni concept, that winds up being a  BIG blooper.

Msgs for the lead Actors (Sincere Comments): Both are doing a good job  I feel, but it's hard to tell when they don't even have that  much to do at this point...Harshad is doing a wonderful job with this searing wit that he employs in all his conversations with the Mama, Aasiya meanwhile is working hard with a character that seems real in some ways and unreal in others...there are a LOT of things about the character at this juncture that jar, and because we're told nothing about Kastur the person beyond her waiting for Mohan, that shows in her performance. I feel the problem is not in Aasiya's acting - because she's doing a very good job - but in the way the CVs don't seem to focus on developing the main characters and focussing on their families. 

Msgs for the rest of the cast../team/makeup/costume department: Can't say much right now...

Suggestions for handling of tracks: Please, PLEASE, bring some balance in  the portrayals of the characters, and please quicken the pace.

Other suggestions: 

1. A good explanation for how Viku changes to the brat Mohan, as well as a good reason for why he doesn't complete the degree as his mother had wanted him to, despite his love for her. Right now it just doesn't add up.

2. A good  explanation for why Kastur didn't continue her studies.

3. Now would be the right time to end speculations on whether Mohan and Kastur actually knew each other before he left.

4. Pay more attention to execution of scenes.

Overall Rating: 5.5/10
CVs, you could REALLY make this concept work with a little bit of focus! πŸ˜Š I agree you need to build the family background so that people will understand where Mohan  and Kastur are coming from but it would be better if you would give the leads the same space - they have stories of their own to tell too! 

Ladies... this our very first post to the creatives... Lets be constructive..To them to help them bulid the story.. 

Hmmm.,...πŸ€”Overall an okie episode... Todays and coming episodes is basically making a pathway for Mohan to enter the Gala house.. & hence this family drama ... to get the story rolling... It was also to bring out the diverse peronality in the household.. Bhanu being the meelk while Kirti having the guts to enact their Baapji..

loved the continutaion from the previous week... with kastur calling her self as Dharampatni Mohan.. she is waited 4 long years and now that her Mohan is here she wants to talk to him, hear his voice to which she never got a chance these last years... Loved the eagerness that  was shown i... baa understands kastur so well knowing how nervous and shy she would be she makes pathway for her.. & calls only to be picked up by Baapji.. Baapji is sure not liked by anybody..! πŸ˜†

The Masala scene was frankly not needed but clearly it was to give a pathway to Bhanu's Char & get the conversation rolling to have Mohan back home...I will give credit to the CV's for capturing that rightly... 85% of Goras arent unable to eat that kind of Indian spices..& it turned to be a major mis- communication...Bhanu is sure a very sacred and helpless in front of baapji... As much as i hated the Bhanu going down on his knees asking for giveness.. I think the idea was to show to what length he can go for his son...he knows he has made a mistake against baapji... but yet in hearts of hearts he has stood fror his son..Bhanu's expression on learning how Handsome his son is... those expression of wanting to meet & see his on and yet unable to go against Baapji was potrayed magnificently... I wonder if t Baapji 's rigid attitude has a history of some sort to be the kind of a man that he is...& to what he is...  or I guess Bhanu and kirti have just gotten used to being treated like that..'

Baapji has humor...πŸ˜† bring on the one on one lines of Baapji vs Mohan..he seems to have a soft spot for Kastur...Liked Kastur there... she knows Baapji's likes and dislikes immediately corrects herself... but Hey bahggu.. she spills the beans.. 

Loved the Mohan - Mama scene... slowly Mohan's  "bad habits are coming to surface... Mohan knows these are bad habits yet but he is just got used to the fact ..now... i will wait to see how & what made him take up those habits... loved his interpretation of living with someone's like & dislike... CV's Fantastic touch there.. Normal boys in this age would think & react the same way..They all would boast around saying" my way or Highway"πŸ‘ 

Baapji has lost it completely... he goes to any lengths to insult...Bhanu and Saroj.. it now purely become a status/moral  issue with him... he hated the fact that he got to know from a third party and not by his family members.. .&that Mohan is back  that made him  more firm in his descion to have Mohan back home... 

Saroj bravo.. u sure have the guts... i went πŸ˜† when she said  bharat is not an outsider... Baapji.. what reactions.. πŸ‘& she later learning tat it was kastur who spilled the beans..Her reaction to Kastur is justified in many ways... cos she thinks because of kastur that baapji got to know and hence Mohan will now not be a part of gala fly...

Kastur Unknowingly poor girl made a mistook she will have bear the brunt of it...! Love does not come easily..

Overall  5/10

Dialogue writers... fantastic job.. keep the one liners coming ! 

Char played by Baapji ! πŸ‘

Muni Jha... fantastic expressions of helplessness shown..πŸ‘

Creatives cut the family drama to the  minimal and get us more Mohan's & kasturs 

Mohan survival aspect... in London and the change in him

Why he did not complete his education... 

Please clarify why did Kastur quit her studies... 

So Far a fine job.. keep it rolling..!

Edited by purvimeh - 12 years ago
I did not like last night's epi I find baapji and bhnau were very unrealistic, specially the part where bhanu was holding his feet was too over the top for me ... and baapji's whole masala deal repeated again and again gets too boring frankly

And kill me or whatever but yesterday's mohan scene was badly scripted i mean it was so not mohanish for me "gala sukh raha hey ..." and all that blah did not like that part of script ... also there is too little shown of him at times i feel baapji is the lead of the show and he is a side character who comes just to provide us with much needed entertainment break ... love mama mohan together though

One more thing i would like is if they can make kastur stop breathing so much πŸ€”
Edited by Soaps1 - 12 years ago
PoV of Overall Epi:over all it was an average epi.that masala drama was just too much.CVs r giving few points extra preference which is not required n in this they r just ignoring sum imp things.i will give 5/10.
Points that we liked:i really liked the simple,realistic n sweet mama-bhanja convo n their chemistry.HC is doing an excellent job.he is carrying both the shades of champu n champion beautifully in champ.one can notice a connection between champu n champion while luking at mohan.i really liked mama's char.he is pointing mohan's bad habbits in a very friendly n sensible manner.n the mohan iz covering up his habbits n justifying them in a very normal way just lyk any young guy do.his oneliners r superb.
Points that we disliked:that masala drama n baap jee's shouting sessions.
Msgs for the lead Actors (Sincere Comments):u both r doing gr8 work,especially HC.he is fab as mohan.the best part is that he is doing it in a very realistic n belivable fashion.just keep it up dearπŸ‘πŸΌ.abt Kastur, c is nice.
Suggestions for handling of tracks:give the leads more screen space.Mohan is a type of char which holds a lot of potential.as it is an unpredictable one so the CVs can give a lot of surprises wid him,mohan can be explored in several ways,so plz explore him but in a gud way.abt family,if they r trying to make grounds for mohan's entry,then show his bond wid other family members n stop showing shouting sessions of baap jee.the show needs sum pace so plz speed up. Edited by silky_harshad - 12 years ago
Lizzy... fab put... 

Loved the emphasis and suggestions out there ! πŸ‘
Loved yours too Purvi!! πŸ‘ I think that yes, the family buildup may play an important role later...and loved how you analysed ALL the characters...I loved Muni Jha too in that scene where he asks Saroj about Mohan! πŸ˜ƒ
I know right... he was brilliant with sheer excitmement, enthusiamsn & having his child back with tears in his eyes.. Even when he went down on his knees he only did that unknowling for Mohan..I liked that actually.. it shows though he maybe worng in his actions and is unable to say much he feels it.. ! 

Exactly Lizzy there is way too much of family drama yet to happen.. It because of the fly drama the marriage will happen..! take it as it comes.. πŸ˜†
Edited by purvimeh - 12 years ago
Yeah...they could REALLY do with some backstory over WHY he's so neurotic concerning Baapji because I wouldn't blame viewers for being wierded out about  that at first...I mean all we know is that he's  scared and  if we had a good explanation for it it would probably been seen at least in some sort of context.