Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FreeBird03 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Yes if I want to watch a film, if the promos look good to me...I almost always watch movies in theatre...I don't like watching movies on DVDs at all! Maybe its not that expensive in india...
mysticgoryfilms thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
But I would like to add the last movie I watched in the theaters in the USA was Dabangg and the crowd went mad. Which is why I enjoy Dabangg a lot too because the crowd made it that much better to watch.
fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
If i am excited about a movie then i go watch it in the theaters if not then i just wait for it.

And then there are movies like Dabaang and Singham that i purposely go watch it in the theatres because that's the only way i will enjoy them. If i watch it at home...i will stop watching it before the story even starts.

And then there are also SRK movies. All SRK movies i watch it in theaters. No matter what!:D

Actually, since i live in the US my chances of going to catch a hollywood movie is higher than watching a bollywood film. And that's by choice...I love bollywood but i know for a fact that i will get my money's worth if i got to Carmike than FunAsia. Lmao.

Therefore, i only go watch it in the theaters when i am looking forward to a movie!(:
Very rarely, if it's a subject that interests me enough then I pay a visit, otherwise if it's a film which i'm more likely to make fun of [such as Krissh and many others] then I watch them at home
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Its definitely expensive. But it depends on the movie, like NY was definitely worth it!

i don't go to the theaters. i like to see my favorite movies alone, where no one will boo or make snide comments. 

as i don't like the sound quality of the DVDs available here, i just wait for the TV channels to air those.

desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
last one i saw in threatre was Om Shanti Om and that too becasue it was a friends birthday and she wanted to see it... but to be honest its a big waste of money... tickets are $11 here and for a desi movie that i can easily torrent off online for free i dont think its worth it...  Even more its not so much about money than it is about time investment.. desi movies dont have enough good content for me to sit patiently through 3 hrs for no reason :X
ZoobiDoobi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: deepakrulz

well im in canada and on tuesdays movie tickets are half price so only 5 bucks for any movie per person, so i only go watch hindi movies on tuesdays lol. i think its still worth it, sometimes even more than hollywood movies depending on what movie...hindi movies are longer so more bang for your buck, and i'll only go see movies that im really looking forward to. last hindi movie i went to watch was ready, before that patiala house, but gonna go watch bodygaurd, mere brother ki dulhan, mausam,rockstar, ra one, don 2 in theatres for sure...so depends on the movie but still worth it.

yeah same here in USA 
I dont watch bollywood movies in the theatre unless my mom drags me to one (for a SRK movie obviously 😆). BUT ever since I came to India, I dont know what happened, I wanna watch movies in the theatres os badly (I already watched Murder 2 and ZNMD) and now I wanna watch Bodyguaard, MBKD, Mausam, Rockstar and what not. But I know, once I go back to Totontom I wont feel like watching them. The atmosphere over there is so...dead ðŸ¥±
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Tickets are expensive...but I buy Costco tickets so they're cheaper 😆 Around $8 or so...I haven't watched a movie at the full price of over $11 since ages.

I only watch BW movies whose trailers interest me + story + people in theaters. Personally what I've understood is that movies with great special effects, action scenes, beautiful locales are the ones that are much better on the silver screen..whereas movies like rom-coms are the same on the silver screen or DVD..so better to save money on those 😆

Like as much as I have doubts on Ra.One, I'll probably catch it in theaters because of the special effects..those are meant to be watched on a big screen. For example, I saw Avatar and Inception both in theaters but my parents didn't..they watched it on DVD with me and I could see the difference..they still enjoyed the movies, but they probably would have liked it more in theaters.

Then there are some movies like Dabangg and Ready and Singham that are better in theaters simply because of the experience. I am pretty darn sure I would have enjoyed Dabangg much more in a theater with everyone going crazy than I did while fast-forwarding my DVD because I was like W*F throughout it. 😆
Edited by chocolover89 - 12 years ago