Posted: 12 years ago
hey guys

im sorry but i dont know much about the Ramayan! I know about Sita and Ram and the rashman lekha and Ravan and the whole agni pariksha vanvaas story but i don't know who Kunti is. could any body please explain??! cos Mami's statement confused me...

plz and thank you!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sunaina02 thumbnail
Kunti is not from Ramayana. She is from Mahabharat - mother of the elder three Pandavas - Yudhistir , Bhim and Arjun.

She is also the mother of Karna - who is her son from Surya Deva.

Kunti was  a fearles woman and it is because of her the five Pandava brothers got married to draupadi at the same time .
geet.a thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Muffin baby
Kunti was the mother of the pandavas
And its lakshman rekha :-)Edited by geet.a - 12 years ago
ooo! cool! just don't know much about this stuff but it's always illuminating to find things out about other religions! but why would Mmaiji call Khushi Kunti?
gilgamesh thumbnail
maybe for a connotation of good luck...Anjali's take on Sita is different and wuld be more in line with Nani's taste...
rightchoice thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@minimuffin86 - It was a joke. In fact, it's a proverbial joke to highlight one's stupidity or ignorance. To give you a brief background, imagine you listen to story of Ramayana whole night. Ramayana is a story of Rama and Sita and their endurance.  So if you listened to that story all night you must be knowing the characters of Ramayana by morning.  What if you ask such dumb question as 'Who is SITA?' in the morning when all night you were told the Story of Rama & Sita?

In this case, Mami was supposed to use 'Who is Sita?' in her sarcasting comment but she with her half baked knowledge slip her tongue and says 'Who is Kunti?'. She mixes up Ramayana and Mahabharat. That is why Anjali corrects mami and tells her it is supposed to be 'Who is Sita?'  Also highlighting, Khushi has noble traits of Sita.

missstar786 thumbnail
thanks guys all your responses helped me understand aswell x
Originally posted by: rightchoice

@minimuffin86 - It was a joke. In fact, it's a proverbial joke to highlight one's stupidity or ignorance. To give you a brief background, imagine you listen to story of Ramayana whole night. Ramayana is a story of Rama and Sita and their endurance.  So if you listened to that story all night you must be knowing the characters of Ramayana by morning.  What if you ask such dumb question as 'Who is SITA?' in the morning when all night you were told the Story of Rama & Sita?

In this case, Mami was supposed to use 'Who is Sita?' in her sarcasting comment but she with her half baked knowledge slip her tongue and says 'Who is Kunti?'. She mixes up Ramayana and Mahabharat. That is why Anjali corrects mami and tells her it is supposed to be 'Who is Sita?'  Also highlighting, Khushi has noble traits of Sita.

thanx man!!! that explains everything!!!!!
minuu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
In future post all questions in the IPKKND Help Desk: ALL QUESTIONS HERE! and someone will help you there.

Member Helped,
Topic Closed.