Celebrity Fan Clubs

The Pirate Of Hearts Johnny Depp FC (Page 70)

Post Reply New Post

Page 70 of 72

saba113

Goldie

saba113

Posted: 02 May 2012 at 3:20am | IP Logged

Johnny Depp & Tim Burton Interview For 'Dark Shadows'

johnny depp tim burton dark shadows 2 Johnny Depp & Tim Burton Interview For Dark Shadows

Director Tim Burton brings the cult classic series 'Dark Shadows' to the big screen featuring an all-star cast, led by Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfeiffer and Helena Bonham Carter. In the year 1752, Joshua and Naomi Collins, with young son Barnabas, set sail from Liverpool, England to start a new life in America. But even an ocean was not enough to escape the mysterious curse that has plagued their family. Two decades pass and Barnabas (Johnny Depp) has the world at his feet—or at least the town of Collinsport, Maine. The master of Collinwood Manor, Barnabas is rich, powerful and an inveterate playboy…until he makes the grave mistake of breaking the heart of Angelique Bouchard (Eva Green). A witch, in every sense of the word, Angelique dooms him to a fate worse than death: turning him into a vampire, and then burying him alive.

Two centuries later, Barnabas is inadvertently freed from his tomb and emerges into the very changed world of 1972. He returns to Collinwood Manor to find that his once-grand estate has fallen into ruin. The dysfunctional remnants of the Collins family have fared little better, each harboring their own dark secrets. Matriarch Elizabeth Collins Stoddard (Michelle Pfeiffer) has called upon live-in psychiatrist, Dr. Julia Hoffman (Helena Bonham Carter), to help with her family troubles. Also residing in the manor is Elizabeth's ne'er-do-well brother, Roger Collins, (Jonny Lee Miller); her rebellious teenage daughter Carolyn Stoddard (Chloe Moretz); and Roger's precocious 10-year-old son, David Collins (Gulliver McGrath). 'Dark Shadows' is released in cinemas May 11th. Look out for a more in-depth interview with Johnny Depp and the rest of the cast closer to the films release.

I know you and Johnny Depp were a fans of the original 'Dark Shadows' series. Johnny had been speaking to you about this project for a while right?

Tim Burton: Yes. This is a case where Johnny came to me, it was something that was very close to him. He grew up watching the show, it was something that inspired him as well – and it was also the same with Michelle Pfeiffer. It was lucky we got her because she was a fan of the series as well. Between Johnny and her, of all the actors, they were the ones that knew the series and had a bit of a short hand in trying to capture that weird kind of tone of it. Which was very helpful. There's a certain kind of internal dynamic that happens in each family, so that was the thing that interested me. The working and the melodramas of a family.

Having this gentleman from the 18th century coming back to the 70s, the many contrasts that brings, I can image that being one of the dynamics that interested you?

Johnny Depp: It sparked a whole series of ideas, the idea of this very elegant man having been cursed, as the un-dead, in a box for 200 years, then he comes back to 1972.…which is perhaps the worst time in human existence aesthetically (laughs). Everything is absurd, kids of that era, or people of that era accepted weird little troll dolls, lava lamps, pet rocks, macrame owls, resin grapes. So we thought it was great way to incorporate having this vampire come back, 200 years later, to 1972, and basically being the eyes that we never had back then. The eyes that can see the absurdity (laughs).

johnny depp tim burton dark shadows 1 Johnny Depp & Tim Burton Interview For Dark Shadows

The approach and tone of this adaptation of the series heightens the universe a bit….

Johnny Depp: Yeah. It is 'Dark Shadows,' but it is a very different angle on what the series was. It's sort of taking what they did on the series, and heightening the universe and that world a little bit. Heightening the reality of things. It's kind of a fine line between soap opera and reality. Without Tim, we'd never have achieved what we did with it, in terms of tone and quality and humour. Just his inventiveness, you know?

Tim Burton: I could see right away that Johnny had a passion for 'Dark Shadows' when he came to me, and he really wanted to do it – we'd be talking about doing it for a couple of years, several years. So I knew it was something that was stewing inside of him for a long period of time. And he always puts 100% into his characters, so I was really excited what this one would be, Barnabas Collins, in this absurd time, with this family.

How was it having Michelle Pfeiffer on board as Elizabeth, seeing as she was a fan of the series like the two of you?

Johnny Depp: What I found amazing was that Tim called me and said, "I've just spoken to Michelle and she was huge fan of the 'Dark Shadows' show at the time as well," because Tim and I were both on top of that show, when we were kids. So he went on and said, "So what do you think, wouldn't she be great as Elizabeth?" You couldn't get more perfect, Michelle was amazing.

And Tim, you hadn't worked with Michelle since 'Batman Return'?

Tim Burton: Yeah. Even before I got really involved with 'Dark Shadows,' she called me, I hadn't worked with her since 'Batman Returns,' when she played Catwoman, which was actually one of my favourite performances of anybody I've worked with. But I really hadn't talked to her for a long time, and she called me out of the blue and said, "I heard you might be doing 'Dark Shadows,'" and she said, "I never do this," which I know she doesn't (laughs), "But, I'd be really interested." So we were really blessed to get her, because like I said, she was somebody who really was into the series, in fact she watched it every morning in the makeup chair. She'd be like, "Look at this one, remember that one?" (Laughs).

The look of the film is striking, how was it for you working on practical sets Tim?

Tim Burton: The house and the environment is a character in it, you know? Collinwood is a character. So it had to go from being a newly built Manor to a decayed Manor….the details of that were really important. Also, after previous movies having worked a lot on green screen, it was nice to work with sets again because it's not really heavy on special fx. The environment was very important and also I think it helped the actors, in terms of trying to get the right tone. Being on the sets, feeling the textures of rooms, things like that

http://www.flicksandbits.com/2012/04/30/johnny-depp-tim-burton-interview-for-dark-shadows/25106/

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

jdfankikyosidra08

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Pirate Of Hearts Johnny Depp FC (Page 70)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kikyo

IF-Dazzler

kikyo

Posted: 04 May 2012 at 1:04pm | IP Logged

Chloe Grace Moretz gets hip with Johnny Depp in Dark Shadows but in real life he's just 'sweet'.

It would be safe to say not too many 14-year-old girls have sat on a couch with Johnny Depp and discussed their "birthing hips".

Chloe Grace Moretz is not the average teenager.

Last year the Atlanta-born teenager was mixing it with Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Michelle Pfeiffer, Jackie Earle Haley, Eva Green and Aussie newcomer Bella Heathcote on the London set of the Tim Burton-directed comedy-horror-fantasy film, Dark Shadows.

Hip young thing ... Chloe Grace Moretz

Hip young thing ... Chloe Grace Moretz

"It only took us four or five takes," Moretz laughed as she recalled the uncomfortable, but funny scene where Depp, as kooky vampire Barnabas Collins, was commenting on the physical attributes of Moretz's rebellious teen character, Carolyn Stoddard.

Not only did Moretz hold her own with Hollywood's older elite, she was a scene-stealer, something the young actress had achieved since her first big gig, a double episode guest appearance as a six-year-old on Simon Baker's 2004 TV series, The Guardian.

"Simon was a sweetheart to me," she recalled.

CHLOE GRACE MORETZ as Carolyn Stoddard and GULLY McGRATH as David Collins in DARK SHADOWS.

CHLOE GRACE MORETZ as Carolyn Stoddard and GULLY McGRATH as David Collins in DARK SHADOWS.

"I was six and had the biggest crush on him with his blond hair and tanned skin. He bought me a yo-yo and I just thought he was a million bucks."

Last year Moretz glowed on the Martin Scorsese-directed 3D, 11 Oscar-nominated epic Hugo and in 2010 she was with another Aussie youngster, Kodi Smit-McPhee, in the drama-horror Let Me In.

But it was her role in 2010 action-comedy Kick-Ass as a foul-mouthed superhero that left film critics wide-eyed and had the likes of Scorsese and Burton ringing her agent with roles.

Johnny Depp portrays Barnabas Collins in Dark Shadows.

Johnny Depp portrays Barnabas Collins in Dark Shadows.

Moretz has five other films set for release or about to start production, including scoring the sought-after title role of Carrie in the re-make of the 1976 Brian De Palma-Stephen King horror classic. The role won Sissy Spacek her first best actress Oscar nomination and filming will start later this year.

On Sunday Moretz was holding court in a suite at West Hollywood's chic SLS Hotel, with her mother Terri Moretz sitting in a distant area tapping away on her smart phone and two other unidentified adults working away at a desk.

Articulate, quick-witted and wise beyond her years (she turned 15 in February), Moretz is jokingly asked if she really is a teenager. Surely she is 25 or 35, not 15.

(L-r) HELENA BONHAM CARTER as Dr. Julia Hoffman, CHLOE GRACE MORETZ as Carolyn Stoddard, EVA GREEN as Angelique Bouchard, GULLIVER McGRATH as David Collins, BELLA HEATHCOTE as Victoria Winters, JOHNNY DEPP as Barnabas Collins, RAY SHIRLEY as Mrs. Johnson, JACKIE EARLE HALEY as Willie Loomis, JONNY LEE MILLER as Roger Collins, and MICHELLE PFEIFFER as Elizabeth Collins Stoddard in DARK SHADOWS.

(L-r) HELENA BONHAM CARTER as Dr. Julia Hoffman, CHLOE GRACE MORETZ as Carolyn Stoddard, EVA GREEN as Angelique Bouchard, GULLIVER McGRATH as David Collins, BELLA HEATHCOTE as Victoria Winters, JOHNNY DEPP as Barnabas Collins, RAY SHIRLEY as Mrs. Johnson, JACKIE EARLE HALEY as Willie Loomis, JONNY LEE MILLER as Roger Collins, and MICHELLE PFEIFFER as Elizabeth Collins Stoddard in DARK SHADOWS.

"Yeah, we're not lying," she told AAP.

"You can see me growing up through my movies. In Amityville Horror I was five."

From the other side of the suite, her mother piped up.

"You were seven on Amityville Horror," Ms Moretz corrected in a tender tone.

"I turned seven right after it didn't I mama?" the actress asked.

"No, you were six when you booked it. Seven when you filmed it," Ms Moretz confirmed.

"I was eight during Big Momma's House? Really?" Moretz, a confused look on her face, asked her mum.

Whether Moretz was five, six, seven or 19 when she shot the 2005 horror re-make The Amityville Horror, with fellow Aussie Melissa George, her fearlessness was evident, with a key scene involving Moretz strapped in a harness and standing in pink overalls on top of the haunted mansion, then jumping off.

Moretz found the behind-the-scenes clip on YouTube and recently Tweeted it to her 221,000 followers.

"I was a little baby. It was fun though," she said.

In Dark Shadows, based on the 1966-1971 TV horror-drama series, Moretz plays 15-year-old rebellious teenager Carolyn, living in a mansion once inhabited by Depp's Barnabas Collins.

The movie is set in 1972 in the fishing village of Collinsport, Maine, with Barnabas, who was turned into a vampire in the 1700s by jealous witch Angelique Bouchard (Green) and buried underground in a coffin, is finally released when a work crew finds and unshackles him.

Barnabas has a tough time readjusting from the 1700s to the hip 1970s, while rebel Carolyn is perplexed by the odd vampire and his views on women's birthing hips.

"It's interesting," Moretz said of her character.

"Carolyn is someone you would think I'd relate to really well, but she has so many underlying things.

"She has so much more angst and anger than me.

"I'm very happy with my life so I'm happier than her, but it was fun being her."

It was also fun being around Depp, Bonham Carter, Pfeiffer, Heathcote and Burton, who was so impressed by Moretz's other work he did not request that she audition for the role.

"He's a normal guy. He's just a dad," Moretz, discussing Depp, said.

"I would look at him and think 'Wow, you are such a dad'.

"He's so sweet.

"When they say 'cut' he's just Johnny.

"When they say 'action' he is his character."

Moretz was bitten by the acting bug while, as a toddler, she accompanied Trevor, one of her four older brothers, to auditions with her mother.

"No-one ever told me to do it," Moretz said.

"Nobody ever pushed me to do it. It was my idea.

"I would watch my brother, pick up his monologues and just start reciting them all the time to my friends and family."

From the other side of the room her mother confirmed the story.

"She was talking at seven months and she never shut up," Ms Moretz laughed.

"I'm very talkative," Moretz smiled.

Edited by kikyo - 04 May 2012 at 1:03pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jdfansidra08

kikyo

IF-Dazzler

kikyo

Posted: 04 May 2012 at 1:07pm | IP Logged

Johnny Depp Covers 'Entertainment Weekly' For 'Dark Shadows' (PHOTO)

Johnny Depp Covers 'Entertainment Weekly' For 'Dark Shadows' (PHOTO)

Johnny Depp is featured on the latest cover of "Entertainment Weekly" in full character as Barnabas Collins from his new flick, "Dark Shadows". In the magazine, they talk to Johnny as well as director Tim Burton. The magazine talks about the longtime friendship between Johnny and Tim, who have worked together on eight movies over the past twenty years.

Helena Bonham Carter said, "None of us gets their jokes, but they get their jokes and they're laughing, so whatever."

Johnny said, "I feel as though he's my brother. It's a weird understand, this kind of shorthand we have. I truly understand him and know him, I think, just as well as anybody can. He certainly knows me as well as anybody can."

Tim said, "We don't wear our 'This Is Our 8th Movie Together!' t-shirts every day."

The movie centers around Barnabas who is a 200-year-old vampire who is looking to exact his vengeance on a witch who changed him into a vampire. This issue is out today, May 4th.

jdfansidra08

kikyo

IF-Dazzler

kikyo

Posted: 04 May 2012 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
Johnny Depp allayed co-star's fears

Eva Green has revealed Johnny Depp immediately calmed her nerves on the set of her new film.

The French actress stars alongside the Hollywood heartthrob in Dark Shadows, which also features Michelle Pfeiffer and Helena Bonham Carter.

She told InStyle magazine: "Johnny is very humble. On my first day, I was freaking out, thinking, 'Oh my God, I'm going to get fired,' and he came and shook my hand and said, 'I'm very happy you're on board'.

"He made me feel comfortable - he knows how scary it is to have arrived on that big machine."

The movie is directed by Tim Burton and is a remake of a 1960s American TV show.

Eva said of Burton: "People think, 'Oh, he's quite strange', but no, not at all."

She said of his relationship with long-time collaborator Johnny: "They know each other so well, sometimes they don't even need words, they're like brothers or a couple. But I didn't feel left out."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5jRC6lATGUVNJtXU_nd-kQkK6p8Uw?docId=N0064641336029338494A

Edited by kikyo - 04 May 2012 at 1:20pm

jdfansidra08

sidra08

IF-Sizzlerz

sidra08

Posted: 19 May 2012 at 8:08am | IP Logged

Dark Shadows Los Angeles Premiere Pictures 7 May 2012

Johnny Depp attending the Dark Shadows Los Angeles premiere at Graumans Chinese Theater.Photo copyright by David Gabber / PR Photos.
Johnny Depp attending the Dark Shadows Los Angeles premiere at Graumans Chinese Theater.Photo copyright by David Gabber / PR Photos.
Johnny Depp - Dark Shadows Los Angeles Premiere - Arrivals - Graumans Chinese Theater - Hollywood, CA, USA David Gabber / PR Photos
Johnny Depp Johnny Depp seen attending the Hollywood premiere of Tim Burtons new vampire film 'Dark Shadows' in Los Angeles.
Johnny Depp Johnny Depp seen attending the Hollywood premiere of Tim Burtons new vampire film 'Dark Shadows' in Los Angeles.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mahi12saba113jdfankikyo

saba113

Goldie

saba113

Posted: 29 May 2012 at 11:32am | IP Logged
Dark Shadows Los Angeles premiere

Dark Shadows Press Junket

Johnny Depp Dark Shadows Interview

Edited by saba113 - 29 May 2012 at 11:42am

mahi12jdfan

mahi12

Coolbie

mahi12

Posted: 27 June 2012 at 8:51am | IP Logged

Johnny Depp Honored With MTV Generation Award At Movie Awards

Before accepting the award, Depp joined the Black Keys onstage to perform 'Gold on the Ceiling.'

Johnny Depp

Johnny Depp was presented with the MTV Generation Award at the MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles on Sunday, 4 June.

The Dark Shadows actor was introduced by Aerosmith front man Steven Tyler and guitarist Joe Perry to received the award for his contributions to the film industry and for entertaining generations throughout his career.

After watching a montage of his films at the ceremony hosted by Russell Brand, Johnny joked: "This is the get of the business award. Based on watching all of those clips there is clearly something wrong with me."

The MTV Generation Award is the MTV Movie Awards' highest honor, with past recipients including Reese Witherspoon, Sandra Bullock, Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Mike Myers, Tom Cruise and Jim Carrey.

Johnny then surprised the star studded audience by strapping on his guitar and joining The Black Keys for a no-holds-barred rendition of the rock duo'sGold On the Ceiling.

jdfankikyo

Jaya-V

Jaya-V

Posted: 15 July 2012 at 11:12am | IP Logged
i am in ...please please enter my name Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kikyo

Post Reply New Post

Go to top