Celebrity Fan Clubs

The Pirate Of Hearts Johnny Depp FC (Page 45)

Post Reply New Post

Page 45 of 72

jdfan

IF-Dazzler

jdfan

Posted: 28 October 2011 at 12:26pm | IP Logged

Johnny Depp in Cry Baby (1990)

Character: Wade "Cry-Baby" WalkerSmile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

saba113kikyo

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Pirate Of Hearts Johnny Depp FC (Page 45)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jdfan

IF-Dazzler

jdfan

Posted: 28 October 2011 at 12:42pm | IP Logged

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Edited by jdfan - 28 October 2011 at 12:46pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

saba113kikyoBeautiful-Soul

kikyo

IF-Dazzler

kikyo

Posted: 28 October 2011 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
ROFLJohnny in the last pic looks really funnyROFL

jdfanBeautiful-Soul

jdfan

IF-Dazzler

jdfan

Posted: 28 October 2011 at 1:00pm | IP Logged
yeah the last pic is really funny ROFLinfact this whole scene of cry baby escaping from jail ROFL

kikyoBeautiful-Soul

kikyo

IF-Dazzler

kikyo

Posted: 28 October 2011 at 1:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jdfan

yeah the last pic is really funny ROFLinfact this whole scene of cry baby escaping from jail ROFL
yeah LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beautiful-Soul

kikyo

IF-Dazzler

kikyo

Posted: 28 October 2011 at 1:51pm | IP Logged

Cry Baby (1990) Trailer

jdfanBeautiful-Soul

kikyo

IF-Dazzler

kikyo

Posted: 29 October 2011 at 4:48am | IP Logged

Cry Baby( 1990)

Cry-Baby Poster

GENERAL INFORMATION
Eisenhower is President, Rock n' Roll is king, and Wade "Cry-Baby" Walker is the baddest hood in his high school. Johnny Depp heads up a supercool cast as the irresistible bad boy whose amazing ability to shed one single tear drives all the girls wild - especially Allison Vernon-Williams, a rich, beautiful "square" who find herself uncontrollably drawn to the dreamy juvenile delinquent and his forbidden world of rockabilly music, fast cars and faster women. It's the hysterical high-throttle world of 1954 in director John Waters' outrageous musical comedy.

Director: John Waters

Cast: Johnny Depp ( Cry Baby) , Amy Locane, Susan Tyrrell, Polly Bergen, Iggy Pop, Ricki Lake, Traci Lords, Kim McGuire, Darren E. Burrows, Troy Donahue

ABOUT THIS MOVIE
  • To find a young actor for the role of Wade "Cry-Baby" Walker, director John Waters bought $30 worth of teen magazines, all of which showed Johnny Depp of 21 Jump Street on the cover. Depp thought the script was funny and strange, and took the offbeat role to avoid being typecast as a TV teen idol. 
  • James Intveld and Rachel Sweet did the singing for Johnny Depp and Amy Locane.
  • While although the tattoo of the name "Cry-Baby" on Johnny Depp's arm is a fake, the Native American tattoo above it is real.
  •  Johnny Depp hates to dance but Waters' convinced him to for the film.
  • Tom Cruise, Robert Downey Jr.and Jim Carrey were all considered for the role of Cry-Baby until Johnny Depp was cast.
Quotes from Johnny Depp:

"(This movie) makes fun of all that stuff I sort of hate. It makes fun of all the teen-idol stuff. It makes fun of all the screaming girls."
--Johnny Depp
Interview Magazine
April 1990

"That was one of the great things about Cry-Baby -- it gave me a chance not only to make fun of the whole situation, but to do something really different. To be able to work with someone like (John Waters), who's an outlaw in filmmaking and has always done his own thing."
--Johnny Depp
Interview Magazine
April 1990

"Cry-Baby, as it's being billed, is the ultimate juvenile-delinquent musical comedy. It's saying that what people would perceive as bad is not always ... what somebody appears to be is not necessarily what they are. I play Cry-Baby, the leader of the Drapes gang [greasers], who sort of falls in love with the queen of the Squares --- it's classic Romeo and Juliet, only John Water's twisted."

--Johnny Depp
Sassy Magazine
May 1990

"I must be the worst dancer in the world. I never understood dancing, not even in junior high. If there was some sort of a tribal ritual or something like that, I could understand. But just moving your body to music was strange to me. To do it in front of the camera was sheer terror. They had to fool me, pump me up with confidence."
--Johnny Depp

Quotes from others:

"I think Johnny is an ultimate movie star, and I mean that in a very positive way -- I'm a firm believer in movie stars."
--John Waters, director
LA Times

"I just wanted to make sure he had a sense of humor. He did this one little sneer in our first meeting which summed it all up, and I knew that, hey, Johnny Depp is Cry-Baby."
--John Waters, director
LA Times

Edited by kikyo - 29 October 2011 at 4:50am

jdfanBeautiful-Soul

Beautiful-Soul

IF-Sizzlerz

Beautiful-Soul

Posted: 29 October 2011 at 4:57am | IP Logged
ROFLROFLROFLROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

jdfan