Celebrity Fan Clubs

The Pirate Of Hearts Johnny Depp FC (Page 43)

Post Reply New Post

Page 43 of 72

kikyo

IF-Dazzler

kikyo

Posted: 27 October 2011 at 4:30am | IP Logged

Videos

A Nightmare on Elm Street ( 1984) Tralier

Johnny Depp in A Nightmare on Elm Street(1984)

Hotel ( T.V SERIES ) (1987)

Episode: "Unfinished Business

no video results found for this one Ouch

Edited by kikyo - 27 October 2011 at 5:36am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mahi12jdfanBeautiful-Soul

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Pirate Of Hearts Johnny Depp FC (Page 43)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jdfan

IF-Dazzler

jdfan

Posted: 27 October 2011 at 6:41am | IP Logged
Thank you so much Jia Hugfor sharing the interview and all these videos ..and yes you are right Lady Blue, Hotel...considered to be one of most popular series in 1980's are not available online apart from few episodes Confused most are in written form not vidoes and Dummies considered to be one the finest works of Sherilyn Fenn is also  not available online even not on IMDBConfusedps private resot tralier has a good warning LOLbetter avoid it ...Ouch

Edited by jdfan - 27 October 2011 at 7:01am

mahi12saba113Beautiful-Soul

kikyo

IF-Dazzler

kikyo

Posted: 27 October 2011 at 9:17am | IP Logged

A Nightmare on Elm Street

GENERAL INFORMATION

Nancy (Heather Langenkamp) is having grisly nightmares. Meanwhile, her high school friends, who are having the very same dreams, are being slaughtered in their sleep by the hideous fiend of their shared nightmares. When the police ignore her explanation, she herself must confront the killer in his shadowy realm.

Director: Wes Craven

Cast: Heather Langenkamp, Robert Englund, John Saxon, Amanda Wyss, Nick Corri, Johnny Depp ( character Glen Lantz Nancy's boyifriend)

ABOUT THIS MOVIE

• Johnny Depp's first film
  • Johnny Depp accompanied his friend Jackie Earle Haley to auditions for the film. Instead of Haley being chosen for a role, it was Depp who was spotted by director Wes Craven, who asked him if he would like to read for a part. Depp got a part in the film, Haley didn't, but Haley would go on to play Freddy in the remake 26 years later (A Nightmare on Elm Street).
  • One of the main reasons Johnny Depp was chosen was because the producer's daughter thought he was "dreamy
Quotes from Johnny Depp:

"Glen was described as this big blond surfer jock type and here I was, this little scrawny, pale little guy with long dark hair starched to death with five-day old hairspray."
--Johnny Depp
Johnny Depp ' A Kind of Illusion by Denis Meikle

"It was awful: I was scared to death. I couldn't move right in front of the camera ' I couldn't follow the track ' I couldn't stop at a precise place and say my lines. All the technical aspects terrified me."
--Johnny Depp

"Doing A Nightmare on Elm Street was a trial-by-fire sort of thing. I'd never acted before. I'd never done school plays. Nothing. The fact that it was totally new to me was a tremendous challenge. I'd never done anything like this, hitting marks and saying lines and thinking about why my character was doing what he was doing."
--Johnny Depp

"What were [the critics] going to write? Johnny Depp was great as the kid who dies?"
--Johnny Depp

"I was being paid $1200 a week for pretty much doing nothing for most of the day, then pretending to be someone else for a while, telling a few lies. I couldn't believe my luck."
--Johnny Depp
Depp by Christopher Heard

"[A Nightmare on Elm Street was] a way of financing my music career. I thought I would be doing this acting thing for a couple of years at the most."
--Johnny Depp

Quotes from others:

"Depp wasn't even close to the way the Glen character was written. Johnny was a chain-smoker; he had yellowish skin."
-- Wes Craven (on Johnny's screen-test)

"I remember [Johnny] being pretty green. But he did pick it up pretty fast and was eager to participate in the process. He seemed to automatically understand what acting was and what creating a character was."
-- Wes Craven

"[Depp] kept telling me how wild the whole thing sounded. He was really disappointed when I told him that we would bring a stunt double in to actually do the gag. He begged me to allow him to do it himself, and finally I relented and let him go for it."
-- Wes Craven (on Glen getting sucked into the bed)

"I' remember [Johnny] bring very serious about not pretending he knew what he was doing when he didn't and about listening, not just to Wes, but to everyone on the set. The process really seemed to interest him."
-- Heather Langenkamp

"[Johnny] was always a laid back guy, not the aggressive type. While we were shooting Nightmare, Johnny was getting ready to test for another movie called Gotcha! One day in the dressing room, he handed me the Gotcha! script and said, 'I think this part is tailor made for you.' So I auditioned for it and got the part. You have no idea how rare that is for one actor to do that for another. That just tells what a terrific guy Johnny is."
-- Jsu Garcia, Rod Lane
Star Magazine
October 7, 2003

Private Resort

GENERAL INFORMATION

Ben (Rob Morrow) and Jack (Johnny Depp) are a couple of guys hanging out at a posh Miami resort hoping to snag one of the wealthy and beautiful women who are staying there. Complications ensue when the boys inadvertently tangle with a jewel thief calling himself The Maestro (Hector Elizondo).

Director: George Bowers

Cast: Johnny Depp, Rob Morrow, Emily Longstreth, Dody Goodman, Hector Elizondo

ABOUT THIS MOVIE

Quotes from Johnny Depp:

"I made some ****** movies when I was first starting out, but I'm not embarrassed by them, especially as I didn't think I was going to be an actor. I was trying to make some money - I was still a musician."
--Johnny Depp
The Illustrated Biography by Nick Johnstone

"Sure (Private Resort) sucks bad but it was a job, and I was struck again by the fact that I was being paid well to go to Florida and ****** around for a couple of months. I certainly wasn't complaining at the time."
--Johnny Depp

Quotes from others:

"There was a screen test of the movie, and no one affiliated with the movie would go anywhere near the theater. Depp and I heard about it and wanted to see it. So we dressed up in the weirdest possible way. We had these dorky glasses on and a knit hat, and I put cotton in my mouth so my face puffed out. We walked right past the executives who knew us."
--Rob Marrow

Lady Blu( Televison series) 

Episode Beasts of Prey  (1986)

Season 1, Episode 4

Episode Summary

Katy's out to find the killer responsible for a string of grisly murders on the South Sid

Stars

Jamie Rose as Katy Mahoney

Bruce A. Young as Cassidy

Ron Dean as Sgt. Gino Gianelli

Danny Aiello as Lt. Terry McNichols

Ralph Foody as Capt. Flynn

Guest Cast

David Oliver as Josh Viland
Lorenzo Clemons as Reverend Sykes
 Johnny Depp as Lionel Viland
Don Mayo as Vince Rainey
Terry Ferman as  Delia Trice

DUMMIES 1985 (Short Film)

1985 short student film directed by Laurie Frank starring Sherilyn Fenn and Johnny Depp

Platoon

GENERAL INFORMATION

Chris Taylor (Charlie Sheen) is a young, naive American who, upon his arrival in Vietnam, quickly discovers that he must do battle not only with the Viet Cong, but also with the gnawing fear, physical exhaustion and intense anger growing within him. While his two commanding officers (Tom Berenger and Willem Dafoe) draw a fine line between the war they wage against the enemy and the one they fight with each other, the conflict, chaos and hatred permeate Taylor, suffocating his realities and numbing his feelings to man's highest value - life.

Director: Oliver Stone

Cast: Charlie Sheen, Willem Dafoe, Tom Berenger, Forest Whitaker, John C. McGinley, Johnny Depp (character Lerner )

ABOUT THIS MOVIE
  • Oliver Stone considered casting Johnny Depp for the lead role of Pvt. Chris Taylor but Depp was too young for the part and unknown at the time. Stone said that Depp would someday become a huge star and is thus one of the first filmmakers who introduced Johnny Depp to Hollywood
  • Several of the actors wrote messages on their helmets worn throughout the movie Johnny Depp's simply reads, "Sherilyn", a tribute to Sherilyn Fenn, whom Depp was dating at the time
Quotes from Johnny Depp:

"He said, you know, 'read for this part.' and I read for the part. And he said 'all right', I mean right then and there he said 'all right, I'm gonna need you for' you know, 'about 13 weeks. We're gonna be in the jungle. It's gonna be awful conditions.' you know, 'Are you ready to do that?' And I said oh yes, absolutely. He said 'We're going to the Philippines'. I'd never been out of the country before."
--Johnny Depp, on his casting recruitment
Platoon DVD, Special Edition, "Tour Of The Inferno" Documentary

"It was a very odd soup bowl of guys, you know. It was a strange mixture."
--Johnny Depp, on the actors selected

"Everybody was saying, 'listen, don't go to the Philippines', you know, 'don't do that. It's very dangerous.' You know, cuz that entire, you know, the NPA, the New People's Army was there and it was just chaos and you know, riots and murders. Bombs and sh*t everywhere. We landed there, I think, it was two days after Marcos had split."
--Johnny Depp

"The rations, you know, that we were given to eat was the most shocking thing that you'd ever seen. It would be like, bean ... what was it, bean component, I think was the name of one of them. Bean component, turkey loaf but I'd a eaten my socks at that point. You know what I mean? You know, we were all starving to death."
--Johnny Depp, on the conditions of filming
"I fell asleep on ... it was my post. I was on duty, you know. I was supposed to watch for the potential ambush and I was just knackered, man. I was doing one of these (nods head as if fighting sleep) and finally went out. Woke up to this gun, you know, on the back of my neck so I woke up like that, you know, and Dale said 'you're dead, Johnny'. Click."

"It was absolutely totally guerilla film making. It was, you know, knock this shot off over here, run over here, do this, you know? We didn't give a sh*t about the camera, you know what I mean? Nobody cared."

"I'm really proud to have been involved in that film, really very proud to have been involved in Platoon. It gave me a hunger and it sort of gave me a drive to want to go somewhere else, to try to do other things and learn more."
--Johnny Depp

"I thought he was a madman. One of those guys who sort of rides that fine line between brilliance and explosion of the brain."
--Johnny Depp, on Oliver Stone

"He'll stop at nothing. I remember when we were doing the scene where I was about to croak. The rain was pissing down on us, you know. I was letting the rain get into my mouth, you know. It was awful and you know, just making me sick. I'd start the scene and I'd say 'Chris', you know, talking to Charlie. Oliver would cut but he didn't cut lite. He just sort of, he just screamed 'cut' and he'd say, 'bullsh*t, do it again'. You'd start it again, you know, you'd crank up and do it again. He'd cut ya again. He'd say 'bullsh*t, f*cking liar, do it again', you know? It was just he'd push ya man. He was just a sledgehammer in the middle of your forehead. You hate him in the moment. You'd hate him but that would take you to the next level and the next level and the next level. You know what I mean? He just took you on that ride."

"He'd go off like that (stares blankly into space) and he'd just start blinking like that (starts blinking eyes while staring) and you know, you'd realize that he just wasn't there anymore. He was somewhere else."

"Oliver Stone scared the sh*t out of me. He was so powerfully committed to making this movie his way that it was intimidating - but I wanted to be around that kind of determination, and I wanted to be part of telling Oliver's story. I also wanted him to be happy that he chose me to help him tell his story. Looking back, it was easily the toughest  thing I have ever had to do, ever."
From the book 'Depp' by Christopher Heard

Quotes from others:

"Oh, Johnny? I could tell a mile away. I said, you're gonna be a star. There's just absolutely no question about it. You got a great face, you're unbelievably handsome and you have an original character. You have a quality."
--Oliver Stone

"We didn't shower. We didn't bathe. We didn't have any access to those facilities. Because of the grime and the bites and among the stoneocity of it all I decided to scratch blood from my body and Depp physically had to stop me."
--Charlie Sheen

"That's Johnny Depp, of course, doing Lerner. Johnny went on to great things. I think all of us who saw him do Lerner knew he would. He was our interpreter (character in the film). The guy had been sent to the Defense Language Institute Monterey and learned to speak a little Vietnamese."
--Captain Dale Dye USMC Ret.
Platoon DVD, Special Edition, Audio Commentary by Capt. Dale Dye

"Here's where Johnny Depp as Lerner does a great job. He's all squibbed up here. He's got squibs all over him and his legs and things like that but you never see it. He just humps right on. The ambush is about to happen. Kinda looks like Hobo Woods. Now there goes the squibs. They took him down. He was on point."

"Fireman's carry. And that's actually Johnny Depp over his shoulders. Charlie picked him up, threw him over his shoulder in a fireman's carry and went on with it."

Slow Burn (1986  T.V film)

Slow Burn is a 1986 American television drama film noir presented by Joel Schumacher and directed by Matthew Chapman. Chapman also adapted screenplay from the novel of Arthur Lyons named Castles Burning. Film stars include Eric Roberts, Beverly D'Angelo, Dennis Lipscomb, Raymond J. Barry, Johnny Depp, Anne Schedeen, Emily Longstreth, Henry Gibson and Dan Hedaya.

Plot

Jacob Asch (Roberts) is hired by Gerald McMurty (Barry) to find his ex-wife Laine and their son in Palm Springs. Jacob finds Laine and a teenager named Donnie who may or may not be Gerald's son. He also finds an intricate web of deceit and betrayal that begin to lead to death. He takes it upon himself to unravel the mystery and find out who is killing people and why. Johnny Depp appeared as Donnie Fleischer, the missing insightful rich son of McMurty who only wants to be loved. Film set in Palm Springs

21 JUMP STREET (1987-1990)

GENERAL INFORMATION

A group of young cops work undercover in high schools and colleges to catch troubled youths. The show's plots covered typical issues of its time, including alcoholism, hate crimes, drug abuse, racism, homophobia, AIDS, child abuse, and sexual promiscuity.

Created By: Patrick Hasburgh and Stephen J. Cannell

Aired On: FOX Network

Cast: Johnny Depp,( Officer Tom Hanson)
 Holly Robinson, Dustin Nguyen, Peter DeLuise

SEASON ONE .

Pilot; Jump Street Chapel, 12 April 1987

America, What a Town, 19 April 1987

Don't Pet the Teacher, 26 April 1987

My Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades, 3 May 1987

The Worst Night of Your Life, 10 May 1987

Gotta Finish the Riff, 17 May 1987

Bad Influence, 24 May 1987

Blindsided, 31 May 1987

Next Generation, 7 June 1987

Low and Away, (a.k.a. Running On Ice) 14 June 1987

16 Blown to 35, 21 June 1987

Mean Streets and Pastel Houses, 28 June 1987

SEASON TWO
    In the Custody of a Clown, 20 September 1987

Besieged: Part 1, 27 September 1987

Besieged: Part 2, 4 October 1987

Two for the Road, 11 October 1987

After School Special, 18 October 1987

Higher Education, 25 October 1987

Don't Stretch the Rainbow, 1 November 1987

Honor Bound, 8 November 1987

You Ought to Be in Prison, 15 November 1987

How Much Is That Body on the Window?, 22 November 1987

Christmas in Saigon, 20 December 1987

Fear and Loathing with Russell Buckins, (a.k.a. Doin' the Quarter Mile in a Lifetime) 27 December 1987

A Big Disease with a Little Name, 7 February 1988

Chapel of Love, 14 February 1988

I'm OK, You Need Work, 21 February 1988

Orpheus 3.3, (a.k.a. The Convenience Killer) 28 February 1988

Champange High, 6 March 1988

Brother Hanson & The Miracle of Renner's Pond, 13 March 1988

Raising Marijuana, 17 April 1988

Best Years of Your Life, 1 May 1988

Cory and Dean Got Married, 8 May 1988

School's Out, 22 May 1988

SEASON THREE
              Fun With Animals, 6 November 1988

Slippin' Into Darkness, (a.k.a. Date With An Angel) 13 November 1988

The Currency We Trade In, 20 November 1988

Coach of the Year, 27 November 1988

Who's Choice Is It Anyways?, 11 December 1988

Hell Week, 18 December 1988

The Dragon and the Angel, 15 January 1989

Blu Flu, 29 January 1989

Swallowed Alive, 5 February 1989

What About Love, 12 February 1989

Woolly Bullies, 19 February 1989

The Dreaded Return of Russell Buckins, 26 February 1989

A.W.O.L., 19 March 1989

Nemesis, 26 March 1989

Fathers and Sons, 9 April 1989

High High, 23 April 1989

Blinded by the Thousand Points of Light, 30 April 1989

Next Victim, 7 May 1989

Loc'd Out: Part 1, (a.k.a. Partners: Part 1) 14 May 1989

Loc'd Out: Part 2, (a.k.a. Partners: Part 2) 21 May 1989

SEASON FOUR
              Draw the Line, 18 September 1989

Say It Ain't So, Pete, 25 September 1989

Eternal Flame, 2 October 1989

Come from the Shadows, 9 October 1989

God is a Bullet, 16 October 1989

Old Haunts in a New Age, 30 October 1989

Out of Control, 6 November 1989

Stand by Your Man, 13 November 1989

Mike's P.O.V., 20 November 1989

Wheels and Deals: Part 2, (Part 1 was aired as part of the spin-off series Booker) 27 November 1989

Parental Guidance Suggested, 4 December 1989

Things We Said Today, 18 December 1989

Research and Destroy, 8 January 1990

A Change of Heart, 15 January 1990

Back from the Future, 29 January 1990

2245, 5 February 1990

Hi Mom, 12 February 1990

Awomp-Bomp-Aloobomb, Aloop Bamboom, 19 February 1990

La Bizca, 26 February 1990

Last Chance High, 19 March 1990

Unfinished Business, 9 April 1990

Shirts and Skins, (a.k.a. A New Breeze Blowing) 30 April 1990

How I Saved the Senator, 7 May 1990

Rounding Third, 14 May 1990

Everyday is Christmas, 21 May 1990

Blackout, (a.k.a. Business as Usual) 16 July 1990

About 21 Jump Street

• Johnny Depp had always been Patrick Hasburgh 's first choice to play Tom Hanson but Depp turned the role down. Jeff Yagher was then cast as Hanson and filming for the pilot began. But Fox was unhappy with his performance and halted production after three weeks. Fox wanted Josh Brolin for the role but Hasburgh wanted to offer the role to Depp again. This time Depp accepted the role and Yagher's scenes were re-shot. 
            •  Johnny Depp did not want to work on a television series but agreed to a six-year contract only because he did not believe the show would last more than one season. He also found it difficult to turn down the money and the chance to work with Frederic Forrest. But the show became a huge success mostly due to Depp's presence who earned a teen idol status in America from this series . By the third season, Depp was chafing at having to stay with the show instead of accepting various film offers. He began to complain about the scripts and often gave listless performances. With the help of his lawyers, Depp was released from his contract and left the show after the fourth season. When Johnny Depp became increasingly disillusioned with the show, the actor would amuse himself by changing his
            lines.
            •  Johnny Depp and Peter Deluise sang the JUMP!! backup vocals to the opening theme song while Holly Robinson sang the lead.

Hotel (Televison Series )

Episode :-Unfinished Business (1987)

Season 4 Episode 15

Episode Detail

McDermott (James Brolin) renews interest in his ex-wife (Cathy Lee Crosby), who is celebrating her first year of sobriety; a waiter's illiteracy jeopardizes a reunion with his estranged son and a possible promotion. Part 1 of two. Christine: Connie Sellecca. Steve Cameron: Robert Forster. Libby: Margaret Ladd. Rob Cameron: Johnny Depp. Billy: Nathan Cook.

Main Cast

James Brolin as McDermott
             Connie Selleca as Christine
            Nathan Cook.as  Billy

Guest Cast

Robert Foster as Rob Cameron
            Johnny Depp as Rob Cameron

Edited by kikyo - 27 October 2011 at 10:01am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jdfanBeautiful-Soul

jdfan

IF-Dazzler

jdfan

Posted: 27 October 2011 at 10:12am | IP Logged
            ROFL i just loved johnny depp's comment about private resort ..this movie surely sucksROFLhow frankly he says it ..i like it he remains true to himself and his work ..Smileand  that comment is  awesome ROFL

Edited by jdfan - 27 October 2011 at 10:13am

kikyosaba113

kikyo

IF-Dazzler

kikyo

Posted: 27 October 2011 at 10:16am | IP Logged
            yeah i like that comment too ROFL

saba113Beautiful-Soul

jdfan

IF-Dazzler

jdfan

Posted: 27 October 2011 at 10:41am | IP Logged

i found pictures of Johnny Depp  with his band The Kids before he entered into filmworld Smile

source : http://www.johnnydeppfan.com/kids/p108.jpg  

kikyosaba113Beautiful-Soul

Beautiful-Soul

IF-Sizzlerz

Beautiful-Soul

Posted: 27 October 2011 at 10:49am | IP Logged
            wow he is so young there Big smilenice ...
            i have found this photo of johnny when he was a  child...shooo cute Embarrassed

jdfankikyosaba113

jdfan

IF-Dazzler

jdfan

Posted: 27 October 2011 at 10:54am | IP Logged
            awww when he was  a child he was shooo cute Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

saba113

Post Reply New Post

Go to top