Celebrity Fan Clubs

The Pirate Of Hearts Johnny Depp FC (Page 39)

Post Reply New Post

Page 39 of 72

sidra08

IF-Sizzlerz

sidra08

Posted: 15 October 2011 at 1:14pm | IP Logged

LOLLOLLOLthis man never stops amusing me ...LOLLOLsho shweet Embarrassed

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

saba113jdfankikyo

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Pirate Of Hearts Johnny Depp FC (Page 39)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kikyo

IF-Dazzler

kikyo

Posted: 15 October 2011 at 1:27pm | IP Logged

October 14, 2011, 10:22 PM ET

Johnny Depp's Reading List Revealed!

Actor Johnny Depp arrives at 'The Rum Diary' premiere presented by Film Independent at LACMA held at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art on October 13, 2011 in Los Angeles, California.

LOS ANGELES-A new role for Johnny Depp: bookworm.

At last night's premiere of "The Rum Diary," Depp revealed his literary side, expressing a fondness for just about every genre. Asked by Speakeasy what he's reading, Depp reeled off a list of contemporary and classic works that includes fiction, non-fiction and poetry.

started reading 'The Psychopath Test,' which I thought was very good," Depp told Speakeasy, referring to journalist Jon Ronson's recent examination of psychiatry and psychology. "I'm re-reading 'Ulysses' by James Joyce and I've been re-reading a bit of 'Finnegans Wake,' which is impossible to get through."

Depp said he's also reading Dylan Thomas, particularly the Welsh writer's poetry.

Of course, Depp is no stranger to movies inspired by great writing. In Jim Jarmusch's "Dead Man," Depp plays a character named after William Blake, the British Romantic poet. Later, he played the lead character in Terry Gilliam's adaptation of Hunter S. Thompson's "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas."

The actor returns to Thompson's world in "The "Rum Diary," which is based on the hard-drinking writer's experiences as a young reporter in Puerto Rico. The story follows the exploits of Paul Kemp, who locks horns with a corrupt American businessman played by Aaron Eckhart.

The first VIP to arrive was Graham King, the film's producer. King, who also produced "Traffic," "The Departed" and "The Town," said "The Rum Diary" benefited from Depp's previous experience with Thompson's work and the friendship the actor had struck with the writer, who killed himself in 2005.

"The movie means so much to him," King told Speakeasy in his thick English accent. "He knew the role."

Shortly after, Amber Heard, who plays a woman torn between Eckhart's and Depp's characters, prompted "ooohs" and "ahhhs" from the crowd. The actress posed for the paparazzi, in Louboutin heels and a red Elie Saab gown that her revealed her upper thigh.

Heard also spoke of the film in literary terms, telling Speakeasy her character is a "metaphorical symbol" and a "vehicle for the audience" as she travels between social classes.

Audience members seemed to enjoy the screening, which took place at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art's theater. They applauded and cheered when the film ended with an image of a shirtless Thompson reclining on a chair and drinking on the beach. It's the same photo of Thompson that appears on the book's cover.

Sadly, Speakeasy wasn't shown the same affection at the after-party. Depp barred reporters from attending.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

saba113jdfan

kikyo

IF-Dazzler

kikyo

Posted: 15 October 2011 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
poor reporters LOLwell if they won't do so much propaganda against actors ..if they will avoid yellow journalism no doubt every actor will treat them better LOLfor few money making a hell of other person's life they expect  themselves to be treated royally LOL

Edited by kikyo - 15 October 2011 at 1:34pm

saba113jdfan

jdfan

IF-Dazzler

jdfan

Posted: 15 October 2011 at 1:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kikyo

poor reporters LOLwell if they won't do so much propaganda against actors ..if they will avoid yellow journalism no doubt every actor will treat them better LOLfor few money making a hell of other person's life they expect  themselves  to be treated royally LOL
agree ..

Edited by jdfan - 15 October 2011 at 1:33pm

saba113kikyo

kikyo

IF-Dazzler

kikyo

Posted: 15 October 2011 at 1:41pm | IP Logged

How Large Is Johnny Depp's Role in 21 Jump Street? "It's More Than Just a Moment," Says Costar

Wed., Oct. 12, 2011 7:31 AM PDT by Marc Malkin

Johnny Depp, 21 Jump Street

Sounds like Johnny Depp's role in the upcoming movie adaptation of 21 Jump Street isn't a mere cameo.Could he actually be resurrecting Tom Hanson, the undercover high school cop he originated in the 1980s television series?No surprise, but all those involved are under strict orders to keep details about Depp's gig a secret. However...

It's more than just a moment," Jake Johnson, who plays the principal in the movie, tells us exclusively.

In fact, Johnson admits he wanted Depp's role. "It's a really fun part and I went to my agent afterwards and I was like, 'Hey man, I killed it!'" said Johnson, who currently costars in the new Fox comedy, New Girl. "I was like...I think I've got a really good shot. And he goes, 'For which character?' and I said the character and he goes, 'Yeah, you know, that's Johnny Depp's part if he wants it.'"

The big screen version stars Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum.

Depp told E! News shortly after wrapping Jump Street he worked with Hill and Tatum. "It was fun," he said.

He also told Entertainment Weekly "It might be difficult to spot me in this one right off the bat. I'll be a little...different."

Since when isn't Johnny Depp different?

Edited by kikyo - 15 October 2011 at 1:42pm

saba113sidra08

sidra08

IF-Sizzlerz

sidra08

Posted: 15 October 2011 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
wow can't wait to see johnny depp back to officer tom hanson Big smileyar why we were not born at the time the series used to be telecasted CryLOLits too difficult to watch it on  dumb net AngryOuchanyways would love to see johnny depp as tom hanson againBig smile its good his part should be long Embarrassed not a small cameo of five to six minutes Angrywe are all interested to see johnny depp as tom hansonEmbarrassedwho cares for rest Wink

saba113jdfan

jdfan

IF-Dazzler

jdfan

Posted: 15 October 2011 at 1:54pm | IP Logged
yeah you are right who cares for rest LOLit seems all are interested in seeing Johnny Depp as Tom HansonEmbarrassedthe way they are enlightening his small role in the film like he is the main lead LOLi feel sorry for the main cast LOLbut they should understand with Johnny present in the film they will remain at the back WinkLOL

saba113kikyo

jdfan

IF-Dazzler

jdfan

Posted: 15 October 2011 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
Johnny Depp set his own head on fire Confused
Published: Saturday, Oct 15, 2011, 20:08 IST

Actor Johnny Depp has revealed that he set his own head on fire when he was a kid. The super star confessed that he very "dumbly" blew a little bit of gasoline into a torch setting his head on fire before a friend came and saved his life.

"I very dumbly chugged a little bit of gasoline and then blew it into a torch and my head was on fire ?" that's true," the Daily Star quoted him as saying "It's a weird thing when your head is on fire. You tend to panic first."

"A friend of mine, a guy named Bones, came over and put my face out. He saved my life," he added.

Edited by jdfan - 15 October 2011 at 1:59pm

saba113kikyo

Post Reply New Post

Go to top