Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

+* Portrayal of Krishna's wives *+ (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 8

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 8
Page 6 Page 8

Nandiniraizaada

Coolbie

Nandiniraizaada

Posted: 07 September 2011 at 9:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by varaali

>>>>One more thing I'm curious about - how did Krishna house these wives?  Dwarka was a small island barely enough for the Yadavas, Vrishnis, Andhakas and Bhojas.  So Krishna would have needed something like a skyscraper palace in order to give each of his wives their own quarters.  Or else, he'd have had to conquer a bit of mainland Saurashtra in which to settle them.  I'm not trying to be irreverent here - I'm really curious as to how he might have accommodated them all - and please don't say yogamaya LOL>>>>

If you go by the description of Dwaraka in the 69th chapter of the 10 skanda, Dwaraka is anything but a tiny island.  Not only are there palaces (mind you- not apartments) for all of the 16108 wives, but there are 900,000 palaces in all (verses 1-6)

size dimension and age dimension of the four yugas is differen

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "+* Portrayal of Krishna's wives *+ (Page 5)" in Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Nandiniraizaada

Coolbie

Nandiniraizaada

Posted: 07 September 2011 at 9:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Vrish_

Comments inline
[QUOTE=vik rocks]

But I don't think any experienced actress is called for here - I think that actresses familiar w/ the language and mannerism of the story are who should be engaged, and amongst TV actresses, there seems to be quite a handful.  It's not like we necessarily want a major big name, such as Debina.

Well if after showing only 3 principle wives of Krishna, if they jump to the 16,100 wives then when will they show the other 5 wives. Is it going to be a flashbackConfused I hope the Sagars cover all the aspects of Krishna's lifeConfused

I doubt that they're going to show the other 5 - Kalindi, Satya, Bhadra, Mitravindya and Lakshmanaa - either they themselves don't know the stories, or they consciously decided to skip them.  The other 5, along w/ RJS, were Krishna's principal wives, and the other 16,100 were given this wife status, along w/ sons and daughters, so that their honor would be redeemed.  The reason those 8 were principal wives was that theirs were arranged marriages w/ Krishna, and preceded these 16,100.

the nuber was 16100 no matter what they show. the fact remains he had 16100 wives

also he had an astrological connection with number 8

born on 8th

the 8th son

had 8 principal wives and 16100 other wives= 1+6+1= 8

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriyavik rocksmnx12.Vrish.

Nandiniraizaada

Coolbie

Nandiniraizaada

Posted: 08 September 2011 at 12:03am | IP Logged
Satayabhama was looking so like a normal mortal woman when Krishna was proclaiming to marry all these women.She should have had expression of pride but instead her expressions were of surprise and well something else

Now this is the durector's fault as much as the actress's

Can any one tell me that was Satayabhama really upset?

I dont know and I dont think Jamvanti really had consoled her

Why are they giving importance to Jamvanti above Rukmini

Edited by NandiniPS - 08 September 2011 at 12:14am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 08 September 2011 at 12:21am | IP Logged
^^^  I disagree - that just wouldn't have been believable, even coming from Rukmini, much less a pretty possessive Satyabhama.  Remember, how in both the Sagar Ramayans, when Sita heard rumors that Rama would re-marry, she was totally devastated, and she was considered even more pious than Rukmini.  So any jealousy that Krishna's wives felt towards each other would have been pretty natural, but in this incarnation, as opposed to Rama's, Krishna was available to marry anybody who had from previous penances wanted Vishnu as a husband.  Yeah, Krishna did ensure that each of them was satisfied in every respect, but despite that satisfaction, a tad bit of jealousy was bound to remain.  Even Draupadi, who had 5 husbands, initially had a bit of jealousy towards Subhadra.

The texts say nothing about the reactions of the other wives, so I'm glad that the PH didn't try showing Rukmini as a saint by welcoming it.  Even Jambavati's statement to Satyabhama that they should be proud of what Krishna did defied credulity.

You are right about the 16,108 wives though - the serial dropped 105 wives, and thought that given the original number, nobody'd notice LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vik rocksDpka1415

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 08 September 2011 at 12:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by NandiniPS

Why are they giving importance to Jamvanti above Rukmini

Sach kahun? I think they heard us all praise the actress when she was first introduced during the Syamantak track, many of us - me included - remarked that she had a more expressive voice and accurate pronunciation than Priya - and the writers/directors, with their selective hearing, took that to mean that we want to see more of her than Rukmini, rather than putting in some effort for once and helping Priya improve. In fact, if they had taken more time with the initial planning before hurriedly putting the serial on air, they might have been able to cast this Jambvanti actress or someone of her caliber as Rukmini since the start. And they wouldn't have chosen Shantipriya as Devaki just to have another big name on board (given all the buzz about Puneet Issar's selection), whose continued commitment to Mata Ki Chowki led them to destroy her characterization just so she could go back to her previous show. Lol sorry for the rant but even if this show suddenly turns golden one of these days, I'm never going to let go of that apraadh Unhappy Point being, the creatives seem to have a history of casting and characterizing on a whim, evidently because they didn't plan these things ahead of time as they should have, giving it the jumpiness of a daily soap which regularly recasts roles rather than the continuity of a mytho.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

skarriramsaiDebipriyaNandiniraizaadavik rocksmnx12.Vrish.

Nandiniraizaada

Coolbie

Nandiniraizaada

Posted: 09 September 2011 at 1:13am | IP Logged
This underminig of Rukmini is wrong . They have no right to change stories which have become legend 

yeah they will show Praduman born to Jamvanti and after that during cheerharan Draupadi will be unavailable and they will replace her with Subhadra

And also they will show Vikarn doing it instead of Dushasan

This is pathetic Shocked

Edited by NandiniPS - 09 September 2011 at 1:14am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

skarriramsaiDebipriyavik rocks.Vrish.

sweet_diksha

IF-Dazzler

sweet_diksha

Posted: 09 September 2011 at 9:58am | IP Logged

finally, they showed Jambavanti, instead of Rukmini at Tulabharam.

these ppl r changing the story. who gave them such rights?

what should we do? should we complain to ibf or should we keep watching what crap they r showing?

complain to :   bccc@ibfindia.com.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Nandiniraizaadavik rockschemestrymnx12..RamKiJanaki..

vik rocks

Goldie

vik rocks

Posted: 09 September 2011 at 10:13am | IP Logged

The actress playing Jambvanti is very goodApprove She has that innocence & softness in her looks & voice. She's the only one who doesn't seem to be in a hurry to finish her dialogues. All in all, a good choice!Clap

But just bcoz I said that doesn't mean I want Rukmini to get replaced in the tracks which had her. It makes no sense at all to show Jambvanti in that Parijat trackThumbs Down If the Sagars are repenting on any of their decision for selecting an actor then what were they doing while selecting themAngry Selecting an actor & then finding out OMG! it's a mistake & then after a few episodes replacing that actor is definitely not the sign of professionalism, neither making the character disappear is the solutionThumbs Down They need to be careful during the selection at the first placeAngry

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaDpka1415.Vrish.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top