Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

+* Portrayal of Krishna's wives *+ (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 8

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 8
Page 5 Page 8

-Gitanjali-

Coolbie

-Gitanjali-

Posted: 03 September 2011 at 11:11pm | IP Logged
Yes it does

And it is unfair of AS not to show such wondrful stories

Especially Lakshmana'a and Satya's

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya.Vrish.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "+* Portrayal of Krishna's wives *+ (Page 4)" in Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

vik rocks

Goldie

vik rocks

Posted: 04 September 2011 at 11:00am | IP Logged
Thanks a lot Nandini for the info...Thumbs Up

So does that mean the Sagars have skipped the other 5 wives. Well if they haven't shown Arjun yet, then it gives me a strange feeling that Sagars have not finalized anybody to play the roles yet, just like they showed Basudev & Devki after many episode onlyErmm

Well one thing that I don't really think is that it's not actually the problem of Priya not having knowledge about the life of Krishna as she mentioned in the interview. An actor is supposed to enact in any situation. Having knowledge regarding the subject matter can only enhance the performance level but it can't guarantee a great performance. That's what I feel. Same applies for the actress playing SatyabhamaEmbarrassed

The Sagars should be able to extract the required performance from the actors. Ignoring the knowledge about mytho, the directors should narrate the story, scene & characters properly so that the actors can act properly not just letting them act then finalizing the scene & showing it on TV despite bad performance by the actorsConfused Blaming the actors is a secondary thing in my POV. The people in the PH are more responsible as they choose the actor for the role so it's their responsibility to ensure the actor is doing his/her job properlyApprove

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaBhavaani.Vrish.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 04 September 2011 at 5:48pm | IP Logged
I remember someone posted the list of Krishna's eight wives and their natal Kingdoms in one of the previous threads...could that person post it again here please? I'd like to note the information down.

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 04 September 2011 at 11:25pm | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 05 September 2011 at 10:42pm | IP Logged
In the original story, after Krishna had killed Narakasura, Bhumi Devi took control of things and brought Narakasura's son Bhagadatta to him and asked him to spare him, and put him on the throne.  Krishna agreed, and asked Bhagadatta to return Varuna's umbrella.  He also asked Bhagadatta to send the 16,100 damsels to Dwarka, while he took Aditi's earrings, which were handed over to him, and went w/ Satyabhama to return it to Aditi.

In this serial, it looks like except those 16,000 women, there is nobody in Pragjyotisha.  Once they left the palace, it was just empty.  I had mixed reactions about the suicide march they showed last night - by that reasoning, they were arguably better off under Narakasura.  For one thing, they made it look like they were emotionally blackmailing Krishna, when nothing of the sort happened.  Krishna talked to them about starting new lives by going back to their homes, but they told him that they were treated as dead the day they were abducted. Cry  For another, after the destruction of the Yadavas, these 16,000 all ended their lives (in SB, in the fire, and in MB, drowning in the river Saraswati).  I know that they can't show or rationalize that in the serial, but why show Krishna talking them out of doing something that they'll do after his passing anyway?  Why not just go by the original and say it was Krishna who ordered them to be moved to Pragjyotishpur?

Another thing I didn't get - since Bhagadatta was now the ruler, Krishna could have declared all of them Rajmatas of Pragjyotishpur, couldn't he?  I'm not criticizing him for marrying them, but just wondering out aloud whether them becoming statutory mothers of Bhagadatta was a workable solution?

One more thing I'm curious about - how did Krishna house these wives?  Dwarka was a small island barely enough for the Yadavas, Vrishnis, Andhakas and Bhojas.  So Krishna would have needed something like a skyscraper palace in order to give each of his wives their own quarters.  Or else, he'd have had to conquer a bit of mainland Saurashtra in which to settle them.  I'm not trying to be irreverent here - I'm really curious as to how he might have accommodated them all - and please don't say yogamaya LOL

Edited by _Vrish_ - 05 September 2011 at 11:00pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vik rocksmnx12

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 06 September 2011 at 12:02am | IP Logged
>>>>One more thing I'm curious about - how did Krishna house these wives?  Dwarka was a small island barely enough for the Yadavas, Vrishnis, Andhakas and Bhojas.  So Krishna would have needed something like a skyscraper palace in order to give each of his wives their own quarters.  Or else, he'd have had to conquer a bit of mainland Saurashtra in which to settle them.  I'm not trying to be irreverent here - I'm really curious as to how he might have accommodated them all - and please don't say yogamaya LOL>>>>

If you go by the description of Dwaraka in the 69th chapter of the 10 skanda, Dwaraka is anything but a tiny island.  Not only are there palaces (mind you- not apartments) for all of the 16108 wives, but there are 900,000 palaces in all (verses 1-6)

Edited by varaali - 06 September 2011 at 12:02am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriyavik rocksmnx12.Vrish.Radhikerani

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 06 September 2011 at 12:10am | IP Logged
So how big would Dwarka have been, in that case?  The area of Saurashtra?  Bigger?  B'cos for that sort of a palatial population, it would have to be pretty huge - I doubt that Indraprastha was that well populated.

-Gitanjali-

Coolbie

-Gitanjali-

Posted: 06 September 2011 at 8:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

I remember someone posted the list of Krishna's eight wives and their natal Kingdoms in one of the previous threads...could that person post it again here please? I'd like to note the information down.

Rukmini

Satyabhama

Jamvanti

Kalindi

Mitravinda

Lakshmanaa

Satya

Bhadra

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriyavik rocks..RamKiJanaki..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top