Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna
Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

India-Forums

+* Portrayal of Krishna's wives *+ (Page 2)

sweet_diksha IF-Dazzler
sweet_diksha
sweet_diksha

Posted: 26 August 2011 at 5:02am | IP Logged
one more link to krishna's wives :

Dwarkadhish was what he was mostly called by all. only Rukmini called him aarya (bloved and respected hubby). so i read in one of the marathi version on 'bhagvatam' . will let u the name of the book once i remember .

anyway, in coming week we should see two more of his wives, Mitravinda and Satya (Nagnajiti).  while going to Pragjyotishpur, he crossed the state of Avanti , where swayamvar of Mitravinda was going on. her brothers hated krishna , just like Rukmi but the princess wanted to marry krishna. so while Satyabhama was resting in the tent before leaving avanti, krishna told her he would visit king of avanti and she should wait for him to come back. the he went to avanti palace where Mitravinda's swayamvar was taking place. he stole her in front of all and send her to dwarika. satyabhama came to know abt this after she comes back from pragjyotishpur.

later while after killing narkasura swyaymwar of satya (nagnajiti , princess of kosala was taking place. the king invited krishna. and krishna visited with satyabhama, and won the swayamvar.

just think how Satyabhama would have felt, if she was so jealous of other queens, that her husband is getting married in front of her eyes.

actually his 8 wives r said to be the 'ashta-laxmis' that is laxmi's 8 diff versions. and Rukmini was first of them.

let's see how the show it

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriyavik rocksmnx12.Vrish.varaali

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 26 August 2011 at 5:22am | IP Logged
diksha

All the 8 marriages of Krishna took place before his marriage to the 16,100 captives of Narakasura.  The reason his 8 wives are his 8 principle wives is that he married them before he married the other 16,100.

I doubt that they'll show Krishna's other 5 marriages - they are even less known than Rukmini's, Jambavati's & Satyabhama's, as well as the 16,100 others.

In case of Mitravindya, it was Arjun who was w/ Krishna, and fought and defeated Vinda and Anuvinda while Krishna took Mitravindya back to Dwarka.  Arjun also helped Kalindi find Krishna by discovering her and her desire, and taking her back to him.  One more of Krishna's 8 wives Arjun may have helped Krishna take back home safely, like he did for Mitravindya.  It's therefore a bit of a pity that they didn't show that, b'cos it would have highlighted the closeness of Arjun w/ Krishna even more - Arjun helping Krishna get 3 of his wives, and Krishha helping Arjun get Subhadra.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

skarriramsaisooraj_Nfanvik rocksvaraali

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 26 August 2011 at 6:21am | IP Logged
Diksha,

Anyone (and Everyone) would have called him Dwarakadheesh. The point is, only his wife/ wives could have addressed him as Aryaputra. I am not sure why it should only be Rukmini. Any wifewould call her husband as such. 

Incidentally, "Aarya" meant refined/cultured...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sooraj_NfanDebipriyavik rocks

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 30 August 2011 at 9:00am | IP Logged
Today's episode was just awesome - Satyabhama got vindicated Dancing  Since Krishna was unwilling to fight a woman (Krishna now looks more of a saint than even Rama, who killed Taraka, and himself, who killed Pootana), Satyabhama volunteered, and had a fight w/ Agniasuri, and killed her after getting wounded in the arm.  Yeah for Satyabhama PartyCool  And they showed Dwarkadheesh apologize to her, and her for once crediting him for her success Clap

They also finally showed Naraka's 16,100 women.  One of them openly defied his order, and got struck by him for it.  Later, they were discussing how Krishna might prevail, and decided to pray for Satyabhama b'cos she's a helpless woman.  Can't wait until Bhama finds out what they thought of her Evil Smile.  Incidentally, they assigned some names to a few of them: is there a list of all their 16,100 names anywhere? Evil SmileLOL

It was funny to see Satyabhama complain about being treated by Krishna as a child, when she looks and acts exactly like one.  LOL  And she didn't seem to like the sound of it when Krishna talked about rescuing the 16,100 women of Narakasura. ROFL  But for once, she did act like a devoted wife when she was tending to him as he was asleep. Thumbs Up

Oh, and for the first time ever, when she found out that the wounded Garuda was actually Mura, she yelled for Krishna as 'Swami'!!!  Finally, she got it!!! Dancing  Didn't call for Kanha this time ROFL  But she was defiant as she faced Mura.

Edited by _Vrish_ - 30 August 2011 at 12:07pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sooraj_Nfanvik rocksmnx12LeadNitrate_charu_

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 31 August 2011 at 9:17am | IP Logged
Today's episode was awesome!!!  Satyabhama broke off from Mura and  fought him, even though he ultimately knocked her sword off.  She was cornered but defiant to the end.

Ultimately, in Narakasura's palace, where she was taken, she was told by the other women how she didn't know the power of Narakasura, and she retorted that they don't know the power of Krishna.  She talked to them about a woman's honor being more important than her life, and the women told her about how he had defiled them.  Satyabhama told them that Narakasura was the sinner, not them Clap

I now completely love this Satyabhama - I don't know how out of character this one is, but I'm sure loving it!!!  Tomorrow, hopefully, Satyabhama gets back to Krishna so that one of them can kill Narakasura!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vik rocksmnx12_charu_

_charu_ IF-Sizzlerz
_charu_
_charu_

Posted: 31 August 2011 at 9:47am | IP Logged
i so wish they picked some good actor for the role of satyabhama otherwise therez no fault with the character depiction Thumbs Up the effort shows, how much she tries to say those lengthy dialogues which consists of difficult words Dead which she;s not able to pronounce..not even one...

i guessed it right ke narka will kidnap satya and go latoo over her LOL otherwise his victory was not far away...prolly garuda maharaj will help satya and she will reach the battlefield...krishna was awesome though , his fight with mura was okay Thumbs Up the special effects were also good...in this serial, unlike the original ramayan and mahabharat, they r not showing fights properly..we don't know why the demons r so powerful and the drama element is missing...like mura must be a very strong opponent coz Krishna got one of his names "murari" when he defeated mura..but here, he was killed like any other demon (those vampire ones) and nobody thanked God ConfusedLOL like Indra/Brahma for freeing goddess Earth frm Mura (like they did in ramayan) ..it's not imp. but we get a mythological feel by it...narka is one brainless guy, usko bas ha ha ha ha karna hai...Dead 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sooraj_Nfanvik rocksmnx12.Vrish.

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 01 September 2011 at 10:54pm | IP Logged
As Chemestry noted in the update thread, today they finally showed all the 16,000 women: earlier, it just looked like a handful. LOL Showing so many balconies on many levels each filled w/ women managed to convey that effect.

One major inaccuracy here (like in the AS Ramayan) - Naraka threatening to marry Satyabhama after killing Krishna.  In the original, he never even married those 16,100 women (he did have one or more wives, though, since Bhagadatta was his son and successor), so why would he marry Satyabhama.  All he would do, as he threatened, would be to use her and then kill her after he was done Angry  So given that, why bother showing him as threatening to marry her (since this abduction track is totally fictional).  Even in the AS Ramayan, they had Ravan try to marry Sita when Kumbhakarna woke on his regular schedule, but that didn't work out.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vik rocksmnx12

vik rocks Goldie
vik rocks
vik rocks

Posted: 02 September 2011 at 11:43pm | IP Logged

Nice topic!

Hmm, I wanted to have a say something on this topic. A lot has already been said though.Embarrassed Well, Rukmini has been shown as someone who just doesn't have faith in Krishna's abilitiesOuch There are always signs of worries on her faceShocked I wished the Sagars had shown her just like Sita in ASR had full confidence in Ram & his strength except for the track before her abduction by Ravan for which I won't blame her at all. Rukmini being the avatar of Laxmi should have been shown strong & be the one who actually never doubts Krishna's strength. The Sagars are definitely at fault for potraying her character like thisThumbs Down

As nothing much has been showed about Jambvanti, I won't comment on her.

I've always wanted to comment on Satyabhama & the actress, but I wanted to watch some more episodes before giving out my opinion. So here I am. I don't want to mention about her costumes as that's the costume department's jobLOL The Sagars have portrayed her character as a very childish, immature, rich & spoilt bratShocked The choice of words are so sharp at times that it becomes unbearable to listenOuch I wonder who wrote those dialogues for her...Wink LOL!LOL

Talking about the actress who's enacting the role, well I do agree that a better actress could have been taken in her place but I won't categorize her as a completely bad actressApprove Sometimes it's not possible to get experienced actors for roles that are not lengthy. Anyway, after watching her since her introduction scene till yesterday, I've arrived to the conclusion that she needs time to learn but she can do itCool Even Priya had problems with her diction though being an experienced actress so as it seems the actress playing Satyabhama is new, maybe we'll just need to be a bit more patient with herEmbarrassed But I think I've seen her somewhere or she just resembles another model or actressConfused

She seems to rush up her dialogue delivery speed; as a result she ends up screwing up her pronunciation & facial expressionsD'ohThis happens especially in those scenes where she is with KrishnaD'oh She talks & behaves like a kid. I strongly feel that her fast dialogue delivery is the root cause of the problem here. She needs to slow down the pace of her dialogue delivery, soften the pitch of her voice & also mellow down her facial expressions. If she considers these things then I guess it can prevent her from screwing up her diction plus it will provide some divinity in her looksApprove

Talking about her good qualities, I feel she's great in scenes where she needs to depict anger & strengthThumbs Up Whether it was during the sword fighting scene with Agnasuri or with Moor, she had the perfect expressions of anger & brave attitude in her eyes & face which was definitely required while doing those particular scenesClap She was also very good during the confrontation with Narkasur. But for such kind of scenes she needs to make her voice a bit firm & louderSmile It will provide more authenticity.

I saw some improvement in her dialogue delivery in the scene where she was motivating the other captive women to fight for themselves. Here again the actress had the correct expressions on her face & in her eyesApprove

During the scene where she is praying to Krishna to come & save her, there is some slight improvement & some softness in her voice & attitude but she needs to mellow down a bit more during such kind of scenesEmbarrassed I think she was quite good in the confrontation scene with Bhoomi DeviSmile 

The actress playing Satyabhama seems to be a very good choice for warrior kind of rolesThumbs Up as she has the correct expressions plus brave attitude & confidence in her eyes & face for such scenesApprove but she needs to work on her dialogue delivery speed & facial expressions when she's not involved in a war sceneSmile The Sagars should guide her so that she can improve her shortcomings. Replacing an actor can never be a better solution in my POVApprove I'm sure she can improve, if she works harderEmbarrassed

Well if after showing only 3 principle wives of Krishna, if they jump to the 16,100 wives then when will they show the other 5 wives. Is it going to be a flashbackConfused I hope the Sagars cover all the aspects of Krishna's lifeConfused

However that doesn't mean I'm not waiting to see his love life. I'm more interested in war sequencesDay Dreaming

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya.Vrish.

Go to top