Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
So how big would Dwarka have been, in that case?  The area of Saurashtra?  Bigger?  B'cos for that sort of a palatial population, it would have to be pretty huge - I doubt that Indraprastha was that well populated.
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

I remember someone posted the list of Krishna's eight wives and their natal Kingdoms in one of the previous threads...could that person post it again here please? I'd like to note the information down.

Rukmini

Satyabhama

Jamvanti

Kalindi

Mitravinda

Lakshmanaa

Satya

Bhadra
Originally posted by: varaali

>>>>One more thing I'm curious about - how did Krishna house these wives?  Dwarka was a small island barely enough for the Yadavas, Vrishnis, Andhakas and Bhojas.  So Krishna would have needed something like a skyscraper palace in order to give each of his wives their own quarters.  Or else, he'd have had to conquer a bit of mainland Saurashtra in which to settle them.  I'm not trying to be irreverent here - I'm really curious as to how he might have accommodated them all - and please don't say yogamaya ๐Ÿ˜†>>>>

If you go by the description of Dwaraka in the 69th chapter of the 10 skanda, Dwaraka is anything but a tiny island.  Not only are there palaces (mind you- not apartments) for all of the 16108 wives, but there are 900,000 palaces in all (verses 1-6)

size dimension and age dimension of the four yugas is differen
Originally posted by: _Vrish_

Comments inline

the nuber was 16100 no matter what they show. the fact remains he had 16100 wives

also he had an astrological connection with number 8

born on 8th

the 8th son

had 8 principal wives and 16100 other wives= 1+6+1= 8

Satayabhama was looking so like a normal mortal woman when Krishna was proclaiming to marry all these women.She should have had expression of pride but instead her expressions were of surprise and well something else

Now this is the durector's fault as much as the actress's

Can any one tell me that was Satayabhama really upset?

I dont know and I dont think Jamvanti really had consoled her

Why are they giving importance to Jamvanti above Rukmini
Edited by NandiniPS - 12 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
^^^  I disagree - that just wouldn't have been believable, even coming from Rukmini, much less a pretty possessive Satyabhama.  Remember, how in both the Sagar Ramayans, when Sita heard rumors that Rama would re-marry, she was totally devastated, and she was considered even more pious than Rukmini.  So any jealousy that Krishna's wives felt towards each other would have been pretty natural, but in this incarnation, as opposed to Rama's, Krishna was available to marry anybody who had from previous penances wanted Vishnu as a husband.  Yeah, Krishna did ensure that each of them was satisfied in every respect, but despite that satisfaction, a tad bit of jealousy was bound to remain.  Even Draupadi, who had 5 husbands, initially had a bit of jealousy towards Subhadra.

The texts say nothing about the reactions of the other wives, so I'm glad that the PH didn't try showing Rukmini as a saint by welcoming it.  Even Jambavati's statement to Satyabhama that they should be proud of what Krishna did defied credulity.

You are right about the 16,108 wives though - the serial dropped 105 wives, and thought that given the original number, nobody'd notice ๐Ÿ˜†
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: NandiniPS

Why are they giving importance to Jamvanti above Rukmini

Sach kahun? I think they heard us all praise the actress when she was first introduced during the Syamantak track, many of us - me included - remarked that she had a more expressive voice and accurate pronunciation than Priya - and the writers/directors, with their selective hearing, took that to mean that we want to see more of her than Rukmini, rather than putting in some effort for once and helping Priya improve. In fact, if they had taken more time with the initial planning before hurriedly putting the serial on air, they might have been able to cast this Jambvanti actress or someone of her caliber as Rukmini since the start. And they wouldn't have chosen Shantipriya as Devaki just to have another big name on board (given all the buzz about Puneet Issar's selection), whose continued commitment to Mata Ki Chowki led them to destroy her characterization just so she could go back to her previous show. Lol sorry for the rant but even if this show suddenly turns golden one of these days, I'm never going to let go of that apraadh ๐Ÿ˜” Point being, the creatives seem to have a history of casting and characterizing on a whim, evidently because they didn't plan these things ahead of time as they should have, giving it the jumpiness of a daily soap which regularly recasts roles rather than the continuity of a mytho.
This underminig of Rukmini is wrong . They have no right to change stories which have become legend 

yeah they will show Praduman born to Jamvanti and after that during cheerharan Draupadi will be unavailable and they will replace her with Subhadra

And also they will show Vikarn doing it instead of Dushasan

This is pathetic ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
Edited by NandiniPS - 12 years ago
sweet_diksha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

finally, they showed Jambavanti, instead of Rukmini at Tulabharam.

these ppl r changing the story. who gave them such rights?

what should we do? should we complain to ibf or should we keep watching what crap they r showing?

complain to :   [email protected].

ghotalaz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

The actress playing Jambvanti is very good She has that innocence & softness in her looks & voice. She's the only one who doesn't seem to be in a hurry to finish her dialogues. All in all, a good choice!๐Ÿ‘

But just bcoz I said that doesn't mean I want Rukmini to get replaced in the tracks which had her. It makes no sense at all to show Jambvanti in that Parijat track๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ If the Sagars are repenting on any of their decision for selecting an actor then what were they doing while selecting them๐Ÿ˜ก Selecting an actor & then finding out OMG! it's a mistake & then after a few episodes replacing that actor is definitely not the sign of professionalism, neither making the character disappear is the solution๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ They need to be careful during the selection at the first place๐Ÿ˜ก