Book Talk
Book Talk

India-Forums

Have you ever judged a book by its movie? (Page 3)

Arwen. IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen.
Arwen.

Posted: 24 October 2011 at 3:59am | IP Logged
Lord of the Rings LOL
I tried watching Fellowship of the Ring but got lost amongst tiny peoples and elves and what not so left the movie midway, bought the novels and after reading (and really lovingEmbarrassed ) the novels, i watched the movies. 
I must add, that LOTR is one of the instances where i loved the movies as much as the novels.

Game of Thrones.
Saw the pilot but havent been able to find time to watch rest of the season. Cant wait to though and i intend to read the A Song of Fire and Ice novels. Expectations r high as far as the novels are concerned bcos GoT is brilliant.

North and South
Saw the BBC mini series and i loved it soo much ..Richard Armitage was smoking hot as John Thornton and the dialogues!!! I knew I had to read the novel. Enjoyed it as well but it did drag a little.

Twilight.
Definitely judging the books by its movies and therefore i WONT be reading them. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mystery-

whatsername Goldie
whatsername
whatsername

Posted: 28 October 2011 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
HP was movies before books for me. I love reading, I dont know why I never got around reading or watching harry potter before this year. I remember trying to read the first book when I was about 11ish i think, and not understanding it one bit, thats probably why  I didn't carry on. Loved the books as well, althogh because you know whats gonna happen already its abit of a spoiler.

usually when I see a movie trailer that looks interesting i find out if its got a book, if it does I read the book instead and then watch the movie. @

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mystery-

Damyanthi Goldie
Damyanthi
Damyanthi

Posted: 29 October 2011 at 3:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aish_punk

well most of the time i read the book first, and then watch the moviee. 

but yeah HP? i watch the movies sometimes, if i'm really jobless, but the story never made me wanna pick up the book. It could be the size of the books too, who knows! but yeah HP is something that does'nt interest me. ( ik i'm gonna be hated by thousands of people here!)

and most of the times, i dont like reading a book after watching the movie cause you like already know the story? so its not fair to the author, i feel.

ROFL You have a twin in me ROFL I saw the part one movie of HP and I havn't the guts to read the book LOL Actually, I want to be fair to myself and say that I genuinly tried to get past the first book, infact tried so several times, without any successLOL For the past 5 years, I have been trying to read the book ROFL

And I agree with you about not wanting to read the book after watching the movie, I generally read the book and skip the movie, I feel it ruins the reader's imagination when a movie is made on a book, I'm not game for it!

I did watch 3 idiots after reading the book though, but I felt both were good in their own ways. Maybe because the movie isn't an exact copy of the book.

Go to top