Book Talk

Have you ever judged a book by its movie?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 23 August 2011 at 5:17pm | IP Logged
Of course, we all know that we must *NOT* (yes! Notice the bold and the emphasis!) judge a book by its movie... But have you ever actually done that? Honestly?

Have you ever watched a movie and never had the guts to pick up the book?

Have you ever watched a movie and had to read the book?

Do you agree that 99.99% of the times the books are way better than their cinematic versions?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DamyanthiiTangled_25

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Have you ever judged a book by its movie?" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

aishwaryagayen

IF-Rockerz

aishwaryagayen

Posted: 24 August 2011 at 3:28am | IP Logged
well yes ! i watched twilight and then read the series .. LOL
i watched THE LAST SONG and then read the book
and in every case i would say i found the books a lot more better, i found a incomplete sense in the movies

-Mystery-iTangled_25

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 24 August 2011 at 11:46am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

-Mystery-iTangled_25

aishwaryagayen

IF-Rockerz

aishwaryagayen

Posted: 25 August 2011 at 6:07am | IP Logged
well harry potter books too took me by surprise i watched the movie first and was like okay okay lol i was devastated seeing cute baby danielll .. i was like lalalalal but when i read the book i fell more in luv with baby harry

-Mystery-iTangled_25

munz.

Goldie

munz.

Posted: 26 August 2011 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
I first watched HP movies like 5 of them before trying the books... They were both awesome in their own way... Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mystery-

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 26 August 2011 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
I see HP and Twilight to be amongst the books that are chosen after watching movies.. Do you think it has something to do with the fantasy component? A lot of mature people think that kinda stuff is for the kids until you actually sit down to read and so relate to it?

aishwaryagayen

IF-Rockerz

aishwaryagayen

Posted: 27 August 2011 at 12:53am | IP Logged
well yes ppl thinkkk tht HP books are alike the movies and only for kids but if u read u l understand the emotions and its for everyonee

desigrl05

IF-Sizzlerz

desigrl05

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 28 August 2011 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
slumdog millionaire / q&a
these two I will say are both great in their own ways...  I first watched the movie then picked up the book to read about the love story more but the book was not revolved around the love story but rather more of the life experiences... I found the movie better for the love angle and the book better on the life angle

3 idiots / 5pointsomeone
by farr the book is 1000x better than the movie.  The movie seemed to disney like and 'all iz well' type where as the book deals with the realities better and doesnt candy coat everything.  One part I liked in the movie was the way they showed how desi parents are sometimes giving a harmful effect on their children when trying to 'motivate' them

nameske
First one I'll say that the movie was minimally better with.  The book somewhat bored and dragged at times.  I felt the movie sumrised the book in a well put abridged version and spared us the not so necessary details

Pride and Prejudice
Do i even have to say anything here? book was gazillion times better than the movie... goddamn the movie was so terribly made

The Kite Runner
Read the book first then saw the movie...the movie was too much of 'happy ending' for me to even like..i hated how they made everythign so 'light' and whatever... the book i swear to go has to be on your 'read before i die' list... the author is a genius with writing and painting out a beautiful/bittersweet story...

Damyanthi-Mystery-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top