Book Talk

Discussion: If you could teach 3 books... (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

iTangled_25

IF-Stunnerz

iTangled_25

Posted: 03 September 2011 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Mystery-

^ I can totally imagine the look LOL

It's ridiculous how some people create unnecessary hype about HP... it's a simple book with awesome themes, yes set in a magical world, but so what?!
It was just imagination and a great one!! Big deal! Dunno why some people have a problem! Wacko

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mystery-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Discussion: If you could teach 3 books... (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

avivakirk

IF-Sizzlerz

Banned Upon Request

Posted: 04 September 2011 at 4:04am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

-Mystery-

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 04 September 2011 at 3:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chhilt

I don't know about the other two, but definitely The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch - I read it recently and it's just so amazing :)

That was my FIRST choice, Chhilt! What is it..do we have like a connection or can you read minds? TongueLOL  It is one of my MOST favorite books. Every single time I read it, it fills me with hope and dreams. A guy who's dying talks about how to live. Hats off!

Oh, I don't know, maybe I'm Graced with mind-reading? :P Haha :D On a serious note, yes that book is really one that I think will appeal to everybody - and I love how it never comes off as preachy or trying too hard, just honest and uplifting :)

Maybe LOLLOL I see Graceling is having an effect on you TongueLOL

Exactly! It's not preachy, so simple and so honest. Have seen the lecture? It's on YouTube and brings tears to my eyes every single time.

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 04 September 2011 at 3:52pm | IP Logged

I don't know about the other two, but definitely The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch - I read it recently and it's just so amazing :)

That was my FIRST choice, Chhilt! What is it..do we have like a connection or can you read minds? TongueLOL  It is one of my MOST favorite books. Every single time I read it, it fills me with hope and dreams. A guy who's dying talks about how to live. Hats off!

Oh, I don't know, maybe I'm Graced with mind-reading? :P Haha :D On a serious note, yes that book is really one that I think will appeal to everybody - and I love how it never comes off as preachy or trying too hard, just honest and uplifting :)

Maybe LOLLOL I see Graceling is having an effect on you TongueLOL

Exactly! It's not preachy, so simple and so honest. Have seen the lecture? It's on YouTube and brings tears to my eyes every single time.

Haha yes it is! LOL No but I've been meaning to for a while... will let you know when I do :)

-Mystery-

x.sunayna.x

IF-Dazzler

x.sunayna.x

Posted: 09 September 2011 at 3:16am | IP Logged
Animal Farm - George Orwell
Women at Point Zero - originally written in Arabic , Nawal El Saadawi
L'etranger / The outsider - Albert Camus, slightly more sophisticated, you either love it or hate it kind of novel. 
But I've studied each of these texts and thoroughly enjoyed them :)

Edited by x.sunayna.x - 12 September 2011 at 4:30am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top