*~Sapna~* IF-Rockerz
*~Sapna~*
*~Sapna~*

Posted: 24 February 2005 at 10:28am | IP Logged
SAIF: NO PLAN TO MARRY AGAIN

By Our Staff

An Encounter

click for larger view
Saif Ali Khan son of former captain of Indian cricket team Mansoor Ali Khan and famous star Sharmila Tagore, is now a successful actor. However, he has traveled a long way in his profession. Director Rahul Rawel gave his 'Bekhudi' to Saif but the latter lost it because of his carelessness. But Saif turned serious and improved his acting skill in his every film. Thus he proved his talent in 'Dil Chahta Hai'. From here his career's graph soared to new heights that prompted several directors to make offers to him in plenty. Saif has given so many hit movie like 'Hum Tum' opposite Rani Mukherjee, 'Hum Saath Saath Hain' with Salman, Sonali Bendre, Karisma Kapoor, Tabu, Mohnish Behl and Neelam, 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' with Shah Rukh Khan and Preity Zinta besides 'Ek Hassina Thi' opposite Rani Mukherjee and 'LoC', 'Love Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega' and many others. However, the success in career brought misfortune in his family life. He divorced his wife another famous actress Amrita Singh. Recently we met with Saif and discussed about his personal life during our chat.

Excerpts of the chat:

Is it true that you have divorced your wife Amrita Singh?

Yes, this is true. I have divorced her. However, it's tough for me to say that this is a right or a wrong step. I am happy that we have not parted from each other on a bitter memory. I give respect to her; she is mother of my children. Since we differ from each other, we couldn't live together any more. Now, every thing is fine. I am satisfied that Amrita and my children are economically strong. I have changed my residence, and given our bungalow to Amrita.

Tell us something about your children?

click for larger view
Amrita is mother and warden of my children. They are in joint custody. I can see them whenever I want. This is a serious topic and I don't want my children to read something wrong about this. They are intelligent, and understand these things better. My daughter Sara has understood the situation very well.

What about Amrita?

We have spent 13 years together, and I respect her very much. She is a good actress and she does whatever she enjoys. I think she doesn't need to work now.

What happened between both of you that led to a divorce?

click for larger view
Many things are responsible for it. Yet, we tried our level best to improve our relations, but I regret to say that we failed. I am happy that we separated without any bitterness. I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings so I wouldn't say much more about it.

Has any other woman entered your life? Would you tell us about her?

I had met with her only about three months ago. This is not a secret though, Amrita also knows about her. I never hide anything from people; I don't want to hurt any body.

Would you marry again?

No, I have no such idea in my mind.

Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Posted: 24 February 2005 at 1:45pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing. Smile
sana_usa Senior Member
sana_usa
sana_usa

Posted: 24 February 2005 at 5:42pm | IP Logged
great article thanx for sharing!!Smile