Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Amor. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
@purup 
no need to say srry 
is show ne characters ko mahan banane ke liye sab peeche chod diya nye abhi nhi pehle bhi kiya hai 
so never mind i  njoy channakya like thisπŸ˜†
indupriya2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: jhum_86

but ye to dekho alex kidhar mar raha hai??is article k hisab se alex vyas k bank mein hi dam todega...matlab india mein...

Agar kisi show ko superflop karane ke instant ideas chahiye toh miley Sagars ko...ya phir Sagar's :Truth is mere a miracle published by 72 dgrees north se consult karo..πŸ˜† 
tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: purup

i was thinking is chankya of imagine greater then alexander himself..actually it was chankya who wanted alexander to cross beas to beat dhananand...but his army revolted..sorry but truth is truth

sorry dear thers a correction. i'd read in my hsitory book that chanykya went 2 dhananand 2 stop alex entering India but dhananda insulted him & thatswhy Chanyakya took CGM after seeing his qlties 2 bcum a gud king !! so chanyakya never wanted ales 2 defeat dhanand!!

and its true alex's army revolted bcoz they'd heard abt Magadan army's power & also got tired & were home sick. and due 2 this reason ales didn't dare 2 move 2wards the east!!😊

and Greek historian Arrian tells us" In the art of war the Indians were far superior 1 the oder nations inhabting the area at that time". and ales remained in the india for 19 months(326-325 BC), whic were full of fighting!! and acc. 2 tradition CGM,who founded the Maurya empire,had seen something ofthe working of the military machine of alex &'d acquired sum knowledge which helped him in destroying the power of the Nandas!! megasthenes 's indica is also one of teh sources abt knowing CGm but original manuscript is lost but its fragments r in sum greek historian's books!! 
@bold its courtsey of history book on Ancient India  4 Class XI by R.S.Sharma
Edited by tiny15 - 12 years ago
tiny15 thumbnail

@purup 

no need to say srry 
is show ne characters ko mahan banane ke liye sab peeche chod diya nye abhi nhi pehle bhi kiya hai 
so never mind i  njoy channakya like this.
.;

thats sad thing that history  has been distirted,chankya was great ,but he didnt fool alexander,,credit should go to porus,who is shown vwry week in the show😭

@ bold u r rite. among 2 rulers of principalities of NW India only Porus fought bravely & Ambhi readily submitted 2 the Alex!!
Moner_Radio thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
@ all :

chanakya was a gr8 politician no doubt, but it's equally true dat he didnt do anything to fool alex's greek army to leave India. d greek army was actually homesick & tired aftr fighting battles, one aftr d another endlessly, but, even den dat wasnt d only reason y dey revolted.

read dis article : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Hydaspes_River

it says dat d greek soldiers wer actually frightened by d war elephants although Porus didnt hv many ( abt 200 ) & wen dey heard dat d Magadha empire had a huge army ( it had d largest standing army in d world dat tym..read dis article : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandragupta_Maurya) it was more dan enuf to discourage dem 4m proceeding further into India.

Edited by polly_03 - 12 years ago
Moner_Radio thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
http://2ndlook.wordpress.com/2009/01/23/alexanders-conquest-of-india/

plz go thru dis article, u will understand my point.
tiny15 thumbnail
Originally posted by: polly_03

http://2ndlook.wordpress.com/2009/01/23/alexanders-conquest-of-india/

plz go thru dis article, u will understand my point.

i read  only one-forth of the article but almost agree that if alex'd confronted any of the indian rulers in the east he wud'd been defeated. Chanyakya might'd plotted sumthing against greek army or even possibly sent sum spies in greek army but directly sending CGM wasn't possible as he educated him in takshshila for 8yrs. wen CGM was 11 or 12 yrs.old!!

and it was in the NCERT history books that greek soldiers not just home sick but also afraid of Magadhan empire's powerful army. and its also said that if Ambhi'd joined hands wid Porus against Alex he wudn't'd even won against them!!😊 
tiny15 thumbnail

cyrus the great when tried to cature india he was beaten so badly that his s lakhs soldiers were killed only 7 left,cyrus was killed,some barbrick queen came here she was beaten,even hercules got beaten,genghis khan used to tremble on the name of india,he nvr dare to come here,and alexander win was not victory ,he was so much mauled by porus that he had to return his kingdom,,,and yes there was one on one battle between alexander and porus,porus owned him in that,HIS BODYGAURDS HAD TO CARRY UNCONSIOUS ALEXANDER,it is written by many historicians,,selucis was forced to retreat from this battle,IN THE BATTLE PORUS SPARED ALEXANDERS LIFE TWICE,ONCE ALEXANDER WAS BLEEDING,TRUE TO INDIAN VALUES PORUS DIDNT ATTACK HIM,LET HIM GO TO HIS TENT

i agree wid u as i also rem reading this part abt 4given & left by porus!!and sumwhere i also read that porus wud'd killed alex but didn't as alex one of the wife'd sent rakhi 2 porus & rembing that he didn't kill alex ( don't know how much it is true)!!!😊