TOI: Nivedita to mentor Gauri

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 21 August 2011 at 1:07pm | IP Logged

Nivedita Bhattacharya to mentor Gauri

Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Aug 22, 2011, 12.00AM IST

A new entry in the form of Nivedita Bhattacharyawill take place in Balika Vadhu. The actress will play a character called Shivani, mentor to Gauri (Anjum Farooki). 

Shivani is a 35-year-old rich, successful and influential woman. While her professional life is flourishing, she is a loner in personal life. Gauri who comes across Shivani will be spell bound by her. 

The latter will be seen in long flowing skirts, wearing big beads and a stole. She sees her reflection in Gauri and empathises with her (The latter hasn't accepted by her in-laws). She will bring balance in Gauri's chaotic world. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

nihsheethswethasyam08anna44saher_90

balshik Senior Member
balshik
balshik

Posted: 21 August 2011 at 2:33pm | IP Logged
I m going to stop watching this show cuz I m
Tired of gauri n now this new character to shape her life track will tend to focus everything on gauri. Will see gauri n her sadness, her child marriage her dukh. They r not showing anything good in Anandis life, I mean teaching old people n young generations without her being educated enough,, I dont get it at all n what about her education???? I m just bored of balika vadhu, ( no offense to anyone it's just my opinion)

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

PhilipPirriptvfreaqWebsiesunrise35dreamz12prattsShoma_andviruaGILoveDramaswethasyam08atominisSuchi-Rolzzkhusi_*tiny15-Swetha-

atominis IF-Sizzlerz
atominis
atominis

Posted: 21 August 2011 at 2:54pm | IP Logged
I was about to write something like you did. But after typing the whole post I just decided not to post it lest I get bashed up or misunderstood.

I now believe there is no use of making threads, writing any posts, or voicing ANY dissent of any sort.

Sorry to say but they are still not in mood of focussing totally on Anandi, the original lead of this show and it seems they want to make side characters as parallel leads and make it a multiple leads' show like every other show on their channel!Dead

Instead of bringing some solid mentor for ANANDI - some social worker or lawyer or activist to guide her, they want to guide that Gauri!!Dead I guess ''expert'' guidance from Singhs and primary school kids' slim and colourful social studies textbooks from Shyam are enough for Anandi! Right?!AngrySilly

So Anandi will play school-school with members of Singh family and not do much either for herself or become a radical force of change or a role model in Jetsar. While focus will still be there on the ''doosri aurat'' and the philandering husband! Is it balika vadhu or Bal Varr?!

I strongly feel they have kept Anandi's pic bigger in the poster of the show just to deceive viewers and keep majority of audience watching this show in hope of seeing something substantial shaping up in Anandi's life. Otherwise this show is about Singhs or their philandering son or doting son-in-law!Angry

So it means the show is never going to focus fully on Anandi and yet again all ''other'' characters will get focus and even newer characters shall be brought in the khichdi to take other characters' stories forward!AngryDead

They are already making a mockery of social change and have handled the issue of child marriage and related problems with kid gloves even in past. Looks like message or issue is only a veil. It's going to be a masala show like the 10 PM one.

We've had full focus on Gauri/Jagya/Shyam/Sugna/Tausa/Teepri/Bhairon/DS/Basant/Gehna etc. but never FULL FOCUS on Anandi! Earlier there was excuse that the girl is young and all serious things can't be shown through kids.  What is the EXCUSE now?! DisapproveD'oh

Already fed up of this show through the last two weeks. This news makes me feel there is no hope at all.

Perhaps I and some others like me had too high hopes and exceptional expectations from this serial. It's a soap after all and that too on a channel which has...(I choose not to speak. Things speak for themselves. I better not quote other serials which were ruined in the name of social issues!).

Chhodo yaar. Koi faayda nahin. Things like RDB/3I/TZP/Swades or Munnabhai series happen only in cinema. A TV serial can never be expected to entertain and inform and inspire at the same time!

Why give morals in the end? Why cheat viewers? Please feel free to show reincarnation, plastic surgery, makeovers and multiple affairs and marriage openly and long lost legitimate/illegitimate kids! Let ''entertainment'' and ''creative liberty'' prevail! Why get shackled by issues or message?

Sorry for hurting any sentiments. It's my last post on the forum anyway. Thank God this article came now. I won't have to keep watching the serial in false hopes.UnhappyDead

Edited by annika20 - 21 August 2011 at 2:55pm

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

PhilipPirripguninoorWebsiesunrise35Habeeba_dbalshikprattsPicasso9andvILoveDramairuaGlunzalive_lifeswethasyam08Suchi-charminggeniekhusi_*

woman11 Goldie
woman11
woman11

Posted: 21 August 2011 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
oh wow. Nivedita connects with Gauri not on the basis of any other issue but rejection by in laws!! So the greatest issue in Gauri's life is not a slime ball cheating husband, not her illegal status, not her insecurity as a mistress but the rejection from in lawsConfused. Maybe Gauri will set out on a mission for women rejected by in laws with Nivedita.
Do the CVs want to equate her case to hundreds of women tortured and rejected by in laws for abusive reasons?????Shocked. Shame on the CVs for making a mockery of serious social issues. As if reducing adult education to a joke was not enough, now they have to distort even more serious issues like torture and abuse by in laws!!!

Edited by woman11 - 21 August 2011 at 8:12pm

The following 24 member(s) liked the above post:

AalekhfanPhilipPirripnihsheethWebsiePranjjalTVmonkKamalikaGdreamz12balshikmmishra1Habeeba_dPicasso9vasujaandvILoveDramaQUIRKY333iruaGswethasyam08RolzzatominisSuchi-charminggenietiny15khusi_*

andv Goldie
andv
andv

Posted: 21 August 2011 at 5:35pm | IP Logged
Totally agree with you guys balshik, Anu and Antara.

What crap are they showing in this serial? A mentor for Gauri? Ridiculous. I thought after these two docs go to Mumbai we would get rid of them and the show would now focus on Anandi and the real issue of child marriage. What kind of message are they sending with this new track? Are they conveying that the Singhs were wrong in their actions of rejecting J and G marriage? For God's sake who are the Singhs to reject it. Even if they accept or not the Dr's marriage is illegitimate in the eyes of society and law. That's the fact. J and G have created enough of havoc in others lives  and instead of showing the two of them bearing the repercussions of their actions the CVs continue to smooth things out for them? What kind of a joke is this? Anandi is the one who needs a mentor not G. Can you CVs please stop giving undue importance to the Dr couple and focus on the main issue here? Many of the viewers watch this show since it has been different and also fair in its approach towards the characters and issues. But I feel sorry to say that the CVs are only reducing this show to be a huge mess and making a mockery of social issues.Thumbs Down

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

AalekhfanPhilipPirripsmiley96balshikPicasso9vasujahookedILoveDramaswethasyam08Suchi-tiny15charminggeniekhusi_*

kismattweety Senior Member
kismattweety
kismattweety

Posted: 21 August 2011 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
Basically they dnt wnt working anandi. Thn who wil wear those big khadas. They hv invested on her jewellery n sets...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

andvswethasyam08live_lifeSuchi-intruderfast

intruderfast IF-Sizzlerz
intruderfast
intruderfast

Posted: 21 August 2011 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
another way to drag but since this track will focus on gauri , i am all for it.Smile
vaise bhi anandi track is boring, same old school, same old jaitserSleepykab se wohi chal raha hain
khusi_* IF-Stunnerz
khusi_*
khusi_*

Posted: 21 August 2011 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
ahh...cvs r thinking...viewers r fools or what??
balancing gauri's life...empathy for her...
enough of this fiasco now!!

this is the height of mockery!!
my tolerance crossed the limit!!
i am going to stop watching bv regularly  for now!!...

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

smiley96mmishra1Picasso9vasujaandvILoveDramaswethasyam08live_lifeSuchi-tiny15

Go to top