Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

-ChaosTheory-

-ChaosTheory-

Posted: 21 August 2011 at 12:16pm | IP Logged

Chapter 1

_______________

University of California, 9.00 am, Monday

It was raining heavily, cold winds sending chills down her spine. Drops of water blurred her vision, as she walked past the University gates. In the roar of silence, all that was persistent was the sound of downpour, soothing her wrecked nerves. A young girl in her early twenties stood at the gate, looking around the campus in awe. Her attire was simple- a sky blue churidaar with white patterns embroidered in it. A quarter of her dress was wet, due to the splash of rain waters, but that didn't bother her. She was visibly happy, happy to be where she was supposed to be. 
A frown appeared through the smile, when she turned around. Her head swayed from side to side, as if searching for something, tensed. And then relaxed, having found him. A middle-aged man appeared and simply smiled at her, his head held high with glory. 
His eyes wandered from Riddhima to the huge building standing behind her, and he stared it momentarily.  Gradually, his eyes grew teary, but he managed to speak through it. 
"I'm proud of you, beta" His hands rose to pat her head affectionately.
"I'll miss you, Uncle." She blinked and his heart swelled up again. She was just 9 years old, when he had brought her home, after his brother had died in an air crash. She had been the most important part of his life ever since. How could he return back to the house, which would be so empty without her? He choked. 
"I'm always with you, no matter what. And so are bhaiya and bhabhi." He stated, placing his hand right above his beating heart. 
"Here." He smiled. 
Tears broke their barrier and rolled down her cheeks. She hugged her Uncle, talking low sobs. 
"Take care of you, beta." He said, as she bent down to touch his feet. 
"You too." Her voice low as a whisper. 
"You should go in. Its time." 
She picked up her luggage and looked at the fatherly-figure standing next to her. Her eyes welled up again, but she managed to control them. 
"Goodbye, Uncle." 
"I will see you soon." She watched his Uncle walk away and then disappear in the heavy downpour. She stood there alone, all alone. 

_______________ 

"Good morning, fellas. Welcome to the University." The pretty blond, head of student body she assumed, smiled at them. 
"I'm Natalie, the student president." She introduced herself. 
"And this is Drake, head of council." Next to her stood a handsome figure in a pair of low-waist denims and grey tee. Riddhima suddenly felt conscious of herself, as she caught him staring at her. Immediately, she looked away, letting the crowd cover for her. But that didn't help, since she still caught his eyes. 
"Hey guys!" He moved forward to greet the crowd. Riddhima relaxed a bit, when she found someone barrier between them. 
"Hey!" The crowd spoke in unison, the girls slightly more excited than the guys this time. 
"I'm drake. I'll be your guide for this semester." Drake continued to speak. Uninterested, Riddhima's attention drifted from the crowd and wandered around the campus. Suddenly, a huge gathering around the corner caught her attention. 
"Amy! Amy! Amy!" She heard the crowd cheer out loud, as she drew closer to the crowd. 
The crowd was packed tightly around its center of attention; she struggled to push aside the crowd to get a better view. And when she did, she gasped in surprise. Never in her experience of dancing, had she seen someone dance this swiftly. No wonder, people didn't get enough of his sensual moves, she thought. His heated moves was literally a treat to eyes. His passion was infectious, she acknowledged, since her hands itched to go and join him. Nevertheless, she managed to subdue her urges and watch him make his moves. The figure covered in the black leather hood and dark colour jeans was tall and masculine. His face was masked by the hood, but couldn't cover his bright blue eyes, when he set his eyes on her. 
He was used to this, all the attention. As usual, his gang members cheered and hooted in the background, some made an vague attempt to follow his steps but failed. He didn't care. He could feel the excitement in the air, the cheer grew wilder as he disclosed his latest moves, when she caught his eyes-the girl who stood from the crowd. She was wearing an extremely ordinary churidaar, he noticed at first. She is beautiful. Those big, round and beautiful eyes were set ablaze on watching him dance. He could say that she is a dancer himself, since she watched each and every movement of his. Normally, it made him uncomfortable when the crowd lamely cheered for him, without acknowledging what he was really doing. Hence, a pleasure sweeter than honey surged in him when he saw a smile appear on those lips. Immediately, he knew that she was liking it. And she was going to wait. 
But her smile faded immediately. Her body tensed, as her eyes bore into his. She was definitely not comfortable with him watching her like that. He tried to drop his gaze and focus on dancing, but for some unknown reason, couldn't. 
She stepped backwards and then another. And suddenly she had vanished in the crowd. The crowd ooh-ed and ah-ed when he stopped, looking around for the girl. But he was too busy looking for the girl to pay any attention. 
And suddenly the luck favored him, when he caught another glimpse of the girl again. She was a fresher, he could say, since she stood in the crowd led by Drake and Natalie. He pushed the people away rudely as they approached him, just so that he could managed to reach her on time, but failed. 
"Armaan, oh, Armaan!" He stopped, sighing and closing his eyes. The loud and squeaky voice that came from a distance belong to his ex-girlfriend, Natalie Morgan. 
"Hey, baby!" In no time was she all over him. He faked a smile, but the girl had his undivided attention. This was the first time he had ever seen her.  

_________________

Edited by -ChaosTheory- - 21 August 2011 at 12:25pm

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

harini19afggirl58bubblysifuaditi_sweetStupidcupid1234cutie13sisgeosruthi_mssidraaraja1234Rozy77gupta.aditi20KaJen_addictionfri42911armaania13addicted2ksgAMMY12mijanur-IamAwesome--GoogleWithMe-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "|_Against The Gravity_| [AR]" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-ChaosTheory-

-ChaosTheory-

Posted: 21 August 2011 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
INDEX:- 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

cutie13Stupidcupid1234KaJen_addictionfri42911-GoogleWithMe-

gupta.aditi20

IF-Dazzler

gupta.aditi20

Posted: 21 August 2011 at 12:30pm | IP Logged

interesting start..

cont soon

n if possible pls add me to ur pm list..

Stupidcupid1234

Stupidcupid1234

Posted: 21 August 2011 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
Update soon
N pm me

araja1234

Goldie

araja1234

Posted: 21 August 2011 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
awesome start. Can you please add me to your pm list

fri42911

IF-Dazzler

fri42911

Posted: 21 August 2011 at 5:22pm | IP Logged
great start!!!!
please continue soon and add me to your pm list.

ssidra

Goldie

ssidra

Posted: 21 August 2011 at 6:21pm | IP Logged
Interesting!!
Cont soon!

coffeearoma

Groupbie

coffeearoma

Posted: 21 August 2011 at 7:09pm | IP Logged
Hey!
i really liked the part..continue soon and if possible pls pm me when you update :)
cheers! :)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top