Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 20 August 2011 at 4:52pm | IP Logged
Fire is a prequel to Graceling. I absolutely loved Graceling so thought I should read Fire too. And yes, it was a fab read!!! It's not really exactly a prequel to Graceling but you do see the background of a couple characters that show up in Graceling.

It's a fantasy novel based on 7 (I think) kingdoms.  Sometimes a child is born there with a 'grace.'  The grace could be anything from excellent in cooking to sword-fighting to wrestling to magic to what not.  They know the child is a 'graceling' once the color of his/her eyes sets in. They have different colored eyes, which sometimes scares others.

Both of these novels are fabulously written and the characters make you fall in love with.

I'd highly recommend both.  Has anyone read either of these novels?

-Mahi

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aishwaryagayenhopehot

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Fire by Kristen Cashore" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 21 August 2011 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
I'm quite ashamed to say that I still haven't gotten round to reading Graceling *hides in a corner*

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 22 August 2011 at 6:02pm | IP Logged
Chhilt!!! You should be ashamed Tongue Graceling is awesome!!! And so is Fire, I love the characters Cashore creates... purely magical.

Edited by -Mystery- - 23 August 2011 at 3:55pm

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 23 August 2011 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
I will definitely push that to the top of my to-read list :P Will let you know when I've read it!

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 23 August 2011 at 3:57pm | IP Logged
Sounds like a plan! I hope you actually end up liking it.. LOL  Now that I've said so many great things about it, sometimes our expectations go so high that the actual thing doesn't match up to it. 

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 24 August 2011 at 8:43am | IP Logged
^^ I assure you, I will read as though it wasn't a recommendation ut simply an impulse purchase LOL

hopehot

IF-Sizzlerz

hopehot

Posted: 30 September 2011 at 9:25pm | IP Logged
OMG!!!! i read both of them!!
both were Fabululous

the 3rd book Bitterblue is coming out... soon can'rt wait..

Cotillion

Cotillion

Posted: 06 October 2011 at 9:11am | IP Logged
I am reading a another series right now. after that i might read these novels.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top