Translucence - Finished.

Posted: 12 years ago
Genre: Drama

A short series where in characterization of Maan and Geet aren't canon.
Title credit: Devi

Thread 2 - Chapter 28 onwards

Index:

Chapter 01 - Page 1
Chapter 02 - Page 7
Chapter 03 - Page 14
Chapter 04 - Page 20
Chapter 05 - Page 25
Chapter 06 - Page 31
Chapter 07 - Page 36
Chapter 08 - Page 40
Chapter 09 - Page 45
Chapter 10 - Page 51
Chapter 11 - Page 56
Chapter 12 - Page 61
Chapter 13 - Page 67
Chapter 14 - Page 75
Chapter 15 - Page 81
Chapter 16 - Page 89
Chapter 17 - Page 93
Chapter 18 - Page 97
Chapter 19 - Page 101
Chapter 20 - Page 107
Chapter 21 - Page 112
Chapter 22 - Page 122
Chapter 23 - Page 126
Chapter 24 - Page 129
Chapter 25 - Page 135
Chapter 26 - Page 138
Interlude - Page 143
Chapter 27 - Page 146
Edited by -Sookie- - 11 years ago
Chapter 1:

She checked her watch as she took elevator to the floor that housed VIP wards. She had been in the hospital for thirteen hours now and she had to push another three to cover for her friend. Her friend, Anjali, had pleaded, begged, bribed and finally switched on waterworks to cover her rest of the shift. She was completely exhausted after a rough day at ER. But like always, she had fallen to the puppy dog expression that Anjali had pulled at the last minute.

"Anjali dumped her work on you again?" Nurse at the workstation chuckled when she saw her dragging her feet.

"Apparently it is 'the' date," she said air quoting "the" and chuckled.

"It's a slow evening today so take it easy, alright?" The older nurse told her kindly. "An intern is on rounds checking vitals and giving medications. Keep an eye on her for me, will you?" She heard the nurse telling her as she walked towards the ward area. Khurana hospital was one of the country's finest and offered services and expertise in myriad areas of medicine. She was a resident who mostly worked in ER, well respected even by the most arrogant doctors in the hospital and had done few shifts in the VIP wards from time to time.

She halted in her tracks as a young woman crashed into her as she tried to get away from a room as fast as possible. Must be the intern, she thinks.

"I am so sorry," the intern apologized and shifted her eyes to the name tag and said, "Geet".

"It's alright." Geet shrugged. "What were you running away from in such a hurry?" She asked as she handed over the files the woman had dropped. The intern flushed. Geet raised an eyebrow amusedly.

"That patient in the room is...kissing a woman in his bed," she gushed. Geet resisted an urge to roll her eyes. She took the chart from the intern and groaned loudly when she saw the name.

Maan Singh Khurana.

Notorious playboy, fourth born of the chairman of the Khurana group, MIT graduate but a party hound since graduation and currently making out heavily with a wannabe model in a hospital bed, both topless. The girl on his bed had turned and looked at her sheer disdain and had continued administering kisses on his neck.

"Well, if it isn't my favorite doctor in the entire universe," Maan chirped happily much to the wannabe's protests. Wannabe pressed her face in the crook of Maan's neck and traced pattern on the opposite shoulder.

"Am here for your vitals sir," she said not looking at him and pulled out BP apparatus. She strapped his left bicep and acted as if the girl hanging on his other arm was invisible. She knew that she was pissing off the wannabe with her actions and that's exactly what she wanted. As she checked the rising and falling mercury, she hummed.

"Is everything alright doctor? Or is it all an elaborate ploy to come and say hello," Maan asked cheekily.  

"I think something is wrong," she said knitting her eyebrows. Maan looked at her and waited for her to explain.

"I mean you have such a beauty in your arms and she was molesting...err...kissing you few moments before yet your heart rate seems to be normal and blood pressure is, frankly, disappointing." She said unstrapping and packing it back with the apparatus.  "You are not doing your job very well young lady." She sneered at the girl and added, "Well either that or you may seriously have a problem," she grinned and waved a good-bye to Maan who was spluttering.

"Oh come on Dr. Geet Handa, why are you running way?" He called from his bed as she shook her head and went out.

Maan Singh Khurana came to hospital and stayed in that room whenever he felt bored or dehydrated after consuming too much of alcohol. She had met him several years ago and since then their verbal spars had only increased in intensity.

She smiled, shook her head and got on with the tasks that were pending.

To be continued.

Edited by -Sookie- - 12 years ago
Yay a new FF by one of my favourite writers! *Big big big jhappies and pappies*

Wow Sookie! This definitely is something different. When you said you're trying something new you really meant it eh. This looks good already, Maan in a completely different avatar. Will be looking forward to how the flirt falls for the doctors charms and how the doctor falls for the flirt.  
I love Geet's character already, I love her witty remark to the wannabe model! 

You have to be one of the most versatile writers I've seen; whether it comedy, crime thriller, drama or romance, you can do them all!

Edited by Boogleton.Schiz - 12 years ago
Genre: Drama

A short series where in characterization of Maan and Geet aren't canon.

Translucence..I like the title...Let see what fineness we will be able to read in this short journey.

"The translucence that comes when life hardens into a bead of such cruel perfection you see it with the purest clarity. Everything suddenly there--life as it truly is, enormous, appalling, devastating. You see the great sinkholes it makes in people and the harrowing lengths to which love will go to fill them."

Sue Monk Kid...

Canon ... Sook?  When it is norm in your stories?

Don't take me wrong it has it's own charm of being anomalous and we get the excuse to tease you.

Have not read the story yet..this is just for the introduction that I can't stop to put the 2 cents, in the meeting for an hour and few more to go...needed the diversion to bring my brain active.

Edited...

"When all things are equal, translucence in writing is more effective than transparency, just as glow is more revealing than glare."

It is bad to suppress laughter.  It goes back down to your hips.🤣  🤗

Edited by Newdime - 12 years ago
Congrats for your new ff.

Wow this sounds really interesting n different...

Oh oh...Maan is srsly something...doing hard work on the hospital bed.

Geet was supeb.

Updt soon.

Thanks for the pm.Edited by Vidushi89 - 12 years ago
*EDITED*

Sookie, this is amazing! Really! And it's NOTHING like you've ever written before! I'm excited for this one 😆

I loved Geet here! She's professional, helpful, friendly and popular too! And sassy as well 😆

Maan is a playboy?! Wow. And he was making out with a girl on the hospital bed? Haha I love this FF already 🤣

"I mean you have such a beauty in your arms and she was molesting...err...kissing you few moments before yet your heart rate seems to be normal and blood pressure is, frankly, disappointing." She said unstrapping and packing it back with the apparatus.  "You are not doing your job very well young lady." She sneered at the girl and added, "Well either that or you may seriously have a problem," she grinned and waved a good-bye to Maan who was spluttering.

Do I love Geet or do I love Geet? 🤣

Amazing start! Continue soon!

xoxo
Aanya
Edited by Aanya_taanu4evr - 12 years ago
hell that was brilliant🤣. brilliantly insulting🤣. jeez, cant wait for more.. m excited Sooks😃 Edited by ninand - 12 years ago
congrats !!!!!!!!! 4 d new one ...

thnx 4 d pm ...

interesting start ...

continue soon ...

me late...nahiii🤢

Edited:

"There are two kinds of writer: those that make you think, and those that make you wonder."

- Brian Aldiss😊

Hats off to you Sooks...👏👏

I have already fallen for your Geet...😳

Smart : The way she handled the intern😳

Witty: The way she retorted to that wannabe model😆

Intelligent: She is a doc, thats given😎

Helpful: She is filling in  for her friend even when she is hell tired👏

Popular : The way the nurse interacted with her😃

Just one update Sooks and you have established her character...

Now coming to Devil Singh Khurana : Generally characters like this have golden hearts...but we never know with you Sooks...😆

Why do I have a feeling that he gets drunk and ill purposefully just to get into the hospital to stay close to Geet...and this whole making out was the good old "go green" technique?😎😈

Congratulations Sooks on your new story...and if morning shows the day...this is gonna be fun...

Thanx for the pm love...🤗

Edited by manashi - 12 years ago
Originally posted by manashi

me late...nahiii🤢

Mwuhahahaha I've taken your first place position 😈