'Sustaining promise is difficult'.DNA

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

mona_ght

Groupbie

mona_ght

Posted: 18 August 2011 at 9:32pm | IP Logged

'Sustaining promise is difficult'

ůsays actor Samir Soni who is currently playing the protagonist in a male-centric daily soap

Ajit Andhare

While many have termed it as a refreshing change from the serials dealing with kitchen politics, actor Samir Soni, who plays the lead in Parichay, says he took up the role as a challenge. "I enjoyed it as it is different. Also, I was playing the lead and not any prop."
Though he is not new to the small world, with a reality show being his last outing, he says the TRP figures bother him. "I am a little nervous. Eventually every show comes to an end. Gone are the days when a serial went on and on. Today a serial is taken off the air if it is not doing well. While good ratings might boost your morale, the reverse too can't be ignored."
One of the major problems with daily soaps is they do start with a lot of promise and at times get drifted away. Commenting on this, Samir says, "Sustaining promise is difficult. Delivering what is promised is one thing and sustaining the promise is another. It is different ballgame altogether. It depends upon a lot of factors. As far my show is concerned I feel it is made up more of moments than the plot per se. It is character-driven. It is not possible today to say how the serial would shape up in future."
Samir, who had dabbled into movies and made his presence known even in multi-starrers, admitted that as of now movies have taken a back seat. "Currently there is no time for anything else. I am busy with my work half of the day. I hardly get time even to catch my serial, leave alone any other," he said.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Keva-Preeti-Sandstoneawesumsonia

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "'Sustaining promise is difficult'.DNA" in Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Keva

Goldie

Keva

Posted: 18 August 2011 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
i agree with him sustaining the promise is difficult. On top of that if the show is on colors if the ratings are not good the channel changes the story so badly that it is difficult to watch it at all. They just give it a 360 degree turn overnight. Dead It is not like slowly the characters are being butchered it just all of a sudden comes the next day and all characters are dead.

Lets hope ekta can get good trps for this show otherwise you never know what colors will come up with.

Fingers crossed that this show works and when BB gets its timeslot then Parichay can take the 8:30pm slot and laagi crap se lagan can finally end. Hoping to see this soon.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Preeti-

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.