Saas Bina Sasuraal

Pitaji(Sanjeev K.'s Nephew) is an amazing actor! (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

JasToronto

IF-Dazzler

JasToronto

Posted: 22 August 2011 at 7:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dharad

Not sure if you guys know but he is the nephew of the great actor Sanjeev Kumar, the acting bug is in his genes. He has the genious of my favorite Sanjeev Kumar.
I didn't know that he was related to Sir Sanjeev Kumar of Mausam, Silsala and Shooley! Thanks for the info.
Talking about Sanjeev Kumar sahab:  As you know that he was a theature artist. One day when he was going home in a bus after he had finished his drama, some people were discussing the role of a perticular male character. They were very impreed with that actor and were praising his acting skills. Sanjeev Kumar joined the conversation and suggested that the actor they were talking about was a flop actor and didn't know how to act. Hearing that people became very angry and started bad mouthing him. He immidiately told them the truth that the actor they were talking about was infact him. People congratulted him for his great erformance.

Darshan jariwala has a very strong resume: Here is what I found on the net.

Darshan Jariwala is a Gujarati film, television and stage actor. He won the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor for Gandhi, My Father. Darshan Jariwala is a Gujarati actor. He is most remembered Gujarati TV serials is Narasimha Mehta. His Gujarati plays include Hatheli Par Baat Baaki, Patro Mitro, Mulraj Mansion and Andhalo Pato.

Jariwala is a noted actor of Gujarati theatre, son of a veteran Gujarati actress Leela Jariwala (a contemporary of Dina Pathak) and husband of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi fame actress, Apara Mehta. He has acted on the films as well as on Indian television. One of his most remembered Gujarati TV serials is Narasimha Mehta, the celebrated poet and disciple of Lord Krishna. He portrayed Narsi Mehta. But his role of Mahatma Gandhi in the recent (August 2007) film Gandhi, My Father, proved to be the best in his career of three decades and put him on the international map. He was awarded the the best supporting actor award at the 55th National Awards for this role.

His Gujarati plays include Hatheli Par Baat Baaki, Patro Mitro, Mulraj Mansion and Andhalo Pato. He also acted in a Hindi play Uncle Samjha Karo and in English theatre Going Solo 2 He has played small characters in many Hindi films like Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd, Guru, Aap Ka Soorur.

As is well known now, that Feroz Abbas Khan (director of Gandhi, My Father and a veteran theatre personality) had approached him for Gandhi's role in his famous play Mahatma v/s Gandhi. But due to date problem of this busy actor-cum-stockbroker, the match could not workout. However, the look of Darshan had carved a deep impression on Feroz's mind and the offer was again knocking Darshan's mind for Feroz's film Gandhi, My Father, which finally materialized.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

changumangu123bbbcccNimbuMirchi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Pitaji(Sanjeev K.'s Nephew) is an amazing actor! (Page 3)" in Saas Bina Sasuraal forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

prernacda

Goldie

prernacda

Posted: 23 August 2011 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
he was amazing in Gandhi movie...hard to see that the same actor...
he also had a cameo in maa exchange as his seperated wife was one of the maas...a flamboyant character indeed...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

JasToronto

aratipradhan

aratipradhan

Posted: 23 August 2011 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
wsn't he once married to Apara Mehta (Tulsi's sasuma in Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi)?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

JasToronto

JasToronto

IF-Dazzler

JasToronto

Posted: 23 August 2011 at 4:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aratipradhan

wsn't he once married to Apara Mehta (Tulsi's sasuma in Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi)?

Correct! Its mentioned in that article in my post above!

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 23 August 2011 at 5:36pm | IP Logged
Thanks Dharad for sharing his background...Did not know Harihar Jariwala Urf Sanjeev kumar had nephew in film industry too an actor..

Chalo sun ke khushi huvi..

bbbccc

IF-Dazzler

bbbccc

Posted: 24 August 2011 at 6:23am | IP Logged
In my family everyone just loves Pitaji, for me his dimples are cutestTongue. he is amazing actor, watched in some recent movies, guy is gonna go far...

Sudha bad??? she is so perfect, did you see how young she is in one of pics in library. She is playing Sudha so well, actiually she makes Sudha's sometimes irritating character, likable. And we know most of moms are like her, very unreasonable when it comes to their daughtersSmile. Seriously I can't pin point any character to be weak but if someone force me to pick one, I think Tej probably tinybit acting wise, but his cuteness makes up all for the tinybitEmbarrassed in acting..

dharad

Groupbie

dharad

Posted: 24 August 2011 at 6:24am | IP Logged
You are very welcome Jaspalji, I was a big fan of Sanjeev kumar, some of my favorites are Khilona, Andhi, Parichay, Mausam, Dastak, Nauker, Anamika, Manchali, Angoor and pati, Patni aur Woh.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

JasTorontoDabulls23

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Saas Bina Sasuraal Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.