Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 18 August 2011 at 6:30am | IP Logged
Avika Gor: Not setting trend of underage marriages

Kavita Awaasthi  /Hill Road Media
Fourteen year old Avika Gor has turned the tables around in her show Sasuraal Simar Ka. After the shocking twist of her character Roli being married to the protagonist Prem, the trp and drama both have undergone a huge change. Thrilled that her show is doing well, Avika talks about child marriage, leading the show and upcoming twists. Read on.

Showing 1  of 5 images  Previous     Next

Sasuraal Simar Ka really shocked the audiences with the twist of Roli being married off to Prem instead of Simar. No wonder it got a boost in trps with this interesting drama. What was your reaction when you learnt of this twist?
This twist was a shock not only for the audiences but to everyone on the show too. I was shocked when I heard that we would be shooting such a scene as I had already shot the part when Simar gets married to Prem. Few days later, the production team told me that they have changed the story and now Roli will be married to Prem instead. It was a big deal and it could have gone either way. I am glad the audiences accepted this dramatic change in the story. As for Trps, well I don't focus on them so I don't worry about them. But I am told the trps did rise and I am happy about it as they do matter. More and more people are now watching Sasuraal Simar Ka.

What kind of reaction have you been getting from people?
Most of them who meet me, like when I went to my cousin's house in Nasik, people who met me wanted to know what will happen to Roli now. What will she do next? They were shocked that how could this happen. I guess most people expected Simar to come to the mandap at the 11th hour but she doesn't so it was astonishing and totally unexpected. I tell them I don't know and will do what the writers want me to.

There were reports that as Roli is married to Prem, now you have become the lead of the show instead of Simar aka Dipika. Comment.
Well, I don't think so. The story of Sasuraal Simar Ka is about two sisters and the track focuses on both sisters. In any television show, parallel stories and tracks keep the interest level of the audiences and it is not just the protagonists who get the prominence always. This is a team work and we all get importance in the show.

There were reports that as Roli is married to Prem, now you have become the lead of the show instead of Simar aka Dipika. Comment.
Well, I don't think so. The story of Sasuraal Simar Ka is about two sisters and the track focuses on both sisters. In any television show, parallel stories and tracks keep the interest level of the audiences and it is not just the protagonists who get the prominence always. This is a team work and we all get importance in the show.

Would you say that child actors over shadow their older counterparts as you were more popular as the current Anandi aka Pratyusha and here too you got married to the hero?
It wouldn't be fair to say so. If the older counterparts act well and connect with the audiences then the show and character both work. Whoever works hard, gets due results. As for Balika Vadhu, it is doing well now so I think their hard work has paid off.

How has your experience been on the show role and who do you jell with the most?
I am the baby on the show and everyone pampers me a lot. Playing the role of Roli has been fun as I started off with a fun character, who was into serials and spoke about them all the time. And with this new twist, she has matured overnight and become more serious. Earlier I had loose hair and now I have a side plait. So there have been many changes in my character. I am glad to have found two variations in the same show. As for my costars, everyone including Dipikadidi, my brother, mother on the show are close to me. We are good friends. Even Prem and others from the sasuraal family are nice to me. The elders help me in my studies as well as acting.

You recently walked the ramp at the fashion week. How was the experience?
This is the second year that I did the rampwalk for Anu and Shashi Ranjan. This year it was for Beti organization and I was proud to be associated with a campaign against female feoticide. Being a girl, I want to help in anyway I can. I walked the ramp with my dad and felt great about it.

Rest article at:

Edited by Armu4eva - 18 August 2011 at 8:30am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

shiny3Ruhani..-Amri-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Avika: Not setting trend of underage marriage" in Sasural Simar Ka forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

monachweetie

monachweetie

Posted: 18 August 2011 at 7:26am | IP Logged
Thanx for sharng and avika is mistaken.she's sayng that more people startd to watch d shw.but no!many people stoppd watchng becoz of ths stupid story line

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

smooth21kavitha_gurramlrl fanrosha.a-Amri-ronitfan

ayesha109

ayesha109

Posted: 18 August 2011 at 3:57pm | IP Logged
@ suhasikaran: I agree With you, this show has got really boring and stupid.

-Mounika-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Mounika-

Posted: 18 August 2011 at 7:53pm | IP Logged
Even i agree.ths story has become boring and stupid nw

ronitfan

IF-Stunnerz

ronitfan

Posted: 19 August 2011 at 6:13am | IP Logged
Avika, wake up - 
people have TRASHED the show.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Amri-RockChicGirl

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.