Joined: 02 May 2010
Joined: 02 May 2010
It is important that the college you choose is what matches your needs. You aren't going for your parents. It will be YOU that will be communting(Travelling to college and back home on a daily basis) or dorming(Staying at college). Therefore, you must be comfortable with everything around. Here is what you should consider in choosing a college right for you:
- Is the college a good location? Not too far from home? If so, is there enough stores, etc for you you outside of campus?
- What about the size? Is the student facility a size that fits you? Is it too much or too little?
- Do a little research. Are the professors helpful out of class? Or do they only care during class and ignore you otherwise?
- This is probably a big one - Does it have the program YOU want? Does it provide the degree you need? (B.A., B.S., etc)
- Any interesting dual degree program that might help you save money(A Dual Degree program provides you two degrees in shorter time. For example, a school I am applying to offers me a chance to get my BA and MA in just 5 years)
- Can you afford it? Being able to pay for college is a very big deal!
- Does it have the food you need? Espically if your dorming! I mean, of course the daily meal of roti and shaak will be missed
- Here is a website where students review the school, and talk about how good everything is: http://www.studentsreview.com/
I'm sure the applications are the most annoying things ever. I mean, they ask you for your life information But, there is nothing you can do about it. Lets talk about this dreadful process
- LOOK OVER EVERYTHING. I REALLY MEAN EVERYTHING. One little mistake and POOF your in trouble. Misspell your name by a letter, or type the wrong zip code by a number, your application gets held back and then you can have fin clearing out that big mess. Not a good impression on the admission office right?
- Let me first talk about the Common App. The common app is an application, that over 400 colleges is members with. This application allows you to add the school that are members, fill out one application, upload one essay, and send to all the colleges you picked. Only payments and supplements are done individually, within the Application. This makes it easier. If 6 of the schools your applying to accept the Commonapp, then all you do is fill out one and send it to all six school!
- Check deadlines! When you must send everything in by is very important!
- Applying online? WRITE. DOWN. YOUR. USERNAME. AND. PASSWORD. WRITE!! IT!! DOWN!! Enough Said!
- Sending in SAT and ACT scores? Do note down it costs 10 dollars, and takes about a week.
- Remember Early Decision and Early Action:
The school you choose as an early decision will notify you if your accepted or not. If you are, all other applications get cancelled, and you are REQUIRED to attend that school. Early Action just means your basically sending in stuff early. Early Action can be applied to more than 1 school, and attending isn't mandatory.
- DON'T LIE. Stating you get an income of $100 won't mean you will get money. They know the truth. THEY KNOW
- Research Scholarships on the school website, as they might be asked if you want to be considered for them.
- The Common App Website is: http://www.commonapp.org
- Its okay if you screwed up on your SATs. Colleges look at other things, like grades, community service, etc.
- Apply for financial aid. Almost at least 80% will receive money from the gov't for college
- Don't be stupid, and apply to one college.
- Apply to the jokey schools just in case. If you got a 2100 on your SAT, and a college takes student that get at least a 1550, apply there, just in case.
- Visit the colleges your applying to. Trust me, it helps a lot deciding whether or not you REALLY wanna go there!
Joined: 02 May 2010
Joined: 02 August 2009
Joined: 13 May 2010
Joined: 14 June 2007
Joined: 06 February 2011
Joined: 30 October 2004
|Topics||Topic Starter||Replies||Views||Last Post|
|8 Time Management Skills for College/Uni Students||Angelic_J||8||1245||22 November 2009 at 4:15pm
|anyone from Pillai's college, new panvel?||isac||1||2540||26 June 2009 at 10:28am
|How many credits is each class..?||QH_DDEJ_Fan||3||2020||28 May 2009 at 6:41pm
|Best college for engineering in US?||akhl||4||614||14 April 2009 at 1:28pm
|Teaching a Naughty Class!!!||diyafah||13||2572||02 June 2007 at 12:51am