TOI: Shailesh prepares 4th look

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Shailesh Lodha readies his fourth book

TNN | Aug 18, 2011, 12.00AM IST

esh Lodha|Dil Toh Bachcha Hai Jee
Shailesh Lodha
Shailesh Lodha, who is seen in Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, is a fine actor and an even better poet. 

After his three books - first two on satire and humour and the third one which was a self help book co-written by his wife, Shailesh is currently finishing his fourth book. The book, titled Diljale Ka Facebook Status includes couplets portraying pain, agony, humiliation and betrayal felt by a jilted lover. 

Talking about how the idea of dabbling with a complete new genre in his latest book cropped up, he says, "The idea came to me when I was watching Dil Toh Bachcha Hai Jee. The character of Omi Vaidya in the film acted as a catalyst. A person who is so emotional that he is being used by someone but still can't stop loving him/her. I realised that it's the worst feeling ever and started penning these couplets." This book comes after a long gap, from this multifaceted artist. The launch of the book will be in a few cities including Mumbai, Delhi, Patna, Indore and his hometown Jodhpur.