Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

camella

IF-Dazzler

camella

PRCís observer (Pratha)

Posted: 19 August 2011 at 9:19am | IP Logged
GOD!!! hilarious..satyabhama looks out of place a little..LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "the real picture?? (Page 2)" in Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

skarriramsai

Groupbie

skarriramsai

Posted: 19 August 2011 at 9:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by camella

"little"? This is too small a word. i've got no words nowAngry
Was eagerly waiting for a gud casting in place for satybhama. This is such a strong role at hand and luk whom they have cast.Censored

Anyways luks like a lot of povertyCry

camella

IF-Dazzler

camella

PRCís observer (Pratha)

Posted: 19 August 2011 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by skarriramsai

Originally posted by camella

"little"? This is too small a word. i've got no words nowAngry
Was eagerly waiting for a gud casting in place for satybhama. This is such a strong role at hand and luk whom they have cast.Censored

Anyways luks like a lot of povertyCry

cheer up dear..atleast jambavanti is better..must admit..jambavanti looks the best out of the threeLOL

Roark

IF-Rockerz

Roark

Posted: 20 August 2011 at 6:08am | IP Logged
Well covered by everyone So nothing to add. But I am distraught at the entire Satybhama fiasco and have commeneted on today's epiusode.

And too early to say anything, but I wonder if she will eb able to carry of this role.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vik rocks.Vrish.

skarriramsai

Groupbie

skarriramsai

Posted: 20 August 2011 at 11:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

This Janmashtami promo looks funny with Krishna & his 3 wives, it gives altogether very different messageLOL

Quite true. Looks cheesyWink  Sometimes in the promo they are showing only Krishna without the 3 wives. This luks better. But the promo surely looks like a last minute rush up.

vik rocks.Vrish.

camella

IF-Dazzler

camella

PRCís observer (Pratha)

Posted: 21 August 2011 at 10:59am | IP Logged
it is definitely a last minute rush-up...especially evident from the ladies' costumes LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

_charu_

IF-Sizzlerz

_charu_

Posted: 21 August 2011 at 11:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Vrish_

One more thing I kept forgetting to mention in that big bhashan of mine above, but which keeps bugging me and is a major beef - is a tendency of all of Krishna's enemies - Rukmi, Satrajit, or whoever else - to keep taunting him over his stealing of butter.

For Pete's sake, get over it!!!  First of all, Krishna's stealing butter, while well known throughout Gokul & Vrindavan, was not something that followed him later.  When Rukmi confronted Krishna, he did insult him, but not w/ that reference, and in case of Satrajit, didn't even happen.  To show Krishna's enemies as being petulant to the extent of what he did as a kid is way beyond annoying!!!  Lose that taunt already!!!

And while discussing the real picture, this latest promo that introduces Jambavati & Satyabhama while showcasing Imagine TV's Janmasthmi celebrations.  I think I'm now forgetting what I knew about Krishna's teachings - did he ever teach us to love him by loving each other?  I've tried to recall all of Krishna's encounters w/ various figures - Arjun, Sudama, Narada, et al, and I just can't recall such an event.  And the way they showed it was hilarious - celebrating that love by each of his wives feeding him.  Almost seems to hint that the best way for us to love each other is to marry each other ROFLLOL

Another thing I'd like to see - lose the flute, and usher in the Panchajanya!!!

ROFL yeah right...3 wives and 16105 to follow LOL may be that's why they never showed krishna with so many wives...ppl. will think they r spreading the wrong message here.also, few of them start badmouthing the scriptures Ouch but the truth is that scriptures cannot be followed blindly...that way, draupadi also have 5 husbands, does any girl wanna try that out LOL 

coming back to dwarikadheesh, i find the serial interesting n i make it a point to watch it, may be bec. i'm not aware of the real story but what i'm not liking is that characters r shown too ordinary saas bahu types...krishna bhagwan should be shown Godly...like ram  was shown in Ramayan, the recent one..the only time we know that he's God is when he shows his real roop..secondly , why not follow the text? Confused every now and then someone is hurling abuses on Krishna and he's shown to be pretty impulsive & emotional..God gets emotional only with bhakti, not worrying abt little things LOL i agree with vrish that if he can go to yamlok and patallok n bring back the dead, what's the big deal in finding the mani and proving his innocence? Confused howcome he let that guy commit suicide, why wasn't justice done in the first place? wasn't krishna the king of dwarka? who was balram then? 

one more doubt i have in mind is that Lord Krishna had 8 patranis, and later 16,100 wives but were all of them incarnation of Lakshmi? Confused can any xyz girl (whether bhoodevi or any other goddess) marry krishna , avtar of vishnu?

vik rocks.Vrish.

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 21 August 2011 at 11:41am | IP Logged
Well, there are those who think that all of Krishna's wives are incarnations of Lakshmi.  However, in the scriptures, the only wife about whom that claim is made is Rukmini, not anyone else.  If one bases it on what the scriptures say, as opposed to one's family, then Rukmini is the only avatar of Lakshmi in the Dwapar Yuga.

Oh, and neither Krishna nor Balarama were ever king of Dwarka.  After Kamsa's death, Krishna re-instated Ugrasena, who remained the de-jure ruler of Dwarka for Krishna's entire life.  In the Mahabharata, Ugrasena's death is not explicitly mentioned, but in Shrimad Bhagwatam, it's mentioned that he died on seeing the bodies of all his kinsmen.

So in short, Ugrasena was the titular head of the Yadavas, until they were all destroyed.  After Arjun took the survivors to Indraprastha, he crowned Anirudha/Usha's son Vajra as the ruler of Dwaraka.  Some accounts say that Subhadra was his regent.

Anyway, I digress - long story short, neither Balarama nor Krishna were ever rulers of Dwarka.  But Krishna being as influential as he was, was its de-facto ruler in the sense that if he decided that something needed to be done by the kingdom as a whole - like giving Subhadra to Arjun, not Duryodhan, that stood!  Nothing happened w/o his approval.

On the 16,108 wives, if you take out the 16,100, Krishna's 8 principle wives were all women who either wanted to marry him themselves, or whose fathers gave them to Krishna - both accepted norms both then and now (excepting for the polygamy part of it).  The 16,100 women he married after killing Narakasura were done b'cos otherwise, their lives stood to be destroyed - since they were not Narakasura's wives but his concubines, they stood to have no dignity for the remainder of their lives, and so in order to rehabilitate them, Krishna married them.  No one else would have.  It's not like Krishna decided that he wanted the world's largest harem of all times and decided to populate it - that was Narakasura!  Krishna had to fix the damage Narakasura had done!

The 16,100 wives can be shown, if they do it correctly.  But I'm not confident that they can, given how they've mucked up so much of the serial already!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Roark

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.