Page 1 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 2 Page 6

misti73

IF-Sizzlerz

misti73

Posted: 15 August 2011 at 11:55am | IP Logged

Well today...saw what I was expecting...Radhika sent Dev away and returned the engagement ring. The way she pulled away the engagement ring from her finger made me think as if she is forcibly with all her energy pulling out Dev from her. This girl is so stubborn and goal oriented that she will make a mess of her life again and again. Both the times...with Rohan and with RP she herself walked into the mess because of Dev...with Rohan it was to first prove her innocence to Dev  and later on to save Dev's life and with RP it is to save Dev's reputation and to give back what has been taken from him. She has actually become a statue...in front of Dev she hardened her heart and broke his heart and then at home she sat and listened like a statue to Shanti's ranting regarding her incomplete marriage to Rohan, her going in as the fake wife. There was no expression on her face, she was doing what she was doing and continued with her cooking. Earlier she used to get affected by Shanti...at least for some time she used to be and then she used to get back to normal maybe becuase she had hope and that was the basis of optimism, which is at the core of Radhika's characterization. Her sitting like a statue makes me thinks whether that optimism is now gone from Radhika. She is lifeless...what she told RP was true, that without Dev babu her life will loose its soul, its essence and what is now left behaving are just bones and skin...a statue...who will even become more heartless to see that Dev gets his name in society, because that is her obsession. Radhika only reacted when Mansaram hit Shanti who was shouting that it is right that Radhika is characterless...Radhika looks down and then Shanti continues that because of her no one will marry Chanda and gets another slap (Shanti is right and was the slap a way of Mansaram's reaction showing his helplesness)...Now Radhika has a distressed look...and later on when Shanti charges her...Radhika looks down. Maybe it is sinking in her what her actions will result in happening to this family but since she has now become like a statue she will continue with her mission...of turning Dev away. Radhika is very stubborn and combined with her one sighted vision she is quite capable of making a mess of her life. From todays episode it looked like Mansaram is facing the pressure... 

Now at the Purohit mansion, Dev is facing manipulations engineered by his grandfather. His grandfather first put the gun on Radhika's shoulder and fired a shot which is now working on Dev. He is sitting there in his room...completely lifeless, tears streaming down his face...as if his soul has gone from his body. Padma who has been the victim of similar situation tries to make sense to RP and seeing his reaction to Padma's arguments, it looks like that he is in love with hi is own image...as all idealist he might have started of being an ideal RP but then slowly his ego and his power in the society has resulted in the creation of this image of all powerful and all great RP in his mind. But in his power he has forgotten what is right and what is wrong. I always used to get this hint of power struggle between him and badi bahu...somehow I used to feel that RP doesn't like badi bahu not because she is wrong but more because she wants to take away his power...her anger towards badi bahu is also might be for the same reason...not because she has done something wrong but more because she made him bed ridden and completely dependent on others...he lost his power and she dared to do this to him..that is why he wanted to put badi bahu in prison but regarding Rohan he kept his mouth shut. Anyway Padma protests because she is facing the repercussions of something that happened 23 years back and being a coward now RP decides to use her as his weapon. Padma is not an idiot and she refuses...she had a strange look in her eyes when RP was trying to convince her.  Then RP decided to use his main weapon...the one person who has been feeding obligation and duty to Dev since he was a child...daima. Since the last couple of weeks daima has been in my brain and I was wondering as to what her role is in this story. I was getting an idea but just wanted to see some more episodes to decide ...Daima has known everything regarding Dev but she kept quiet because she is a servant and also she is fiercely loyal to RP...she does love Dev in her own way (she trusted Dev's intentions when he kidnapped Radhika)...that of being his mentor but never a mother (that's what RP told her today, that she has been Devs guide since childhood, he did not mention the word mother), but for her the loyalty to RP comes first. Dadaji had said that he never wanted the identity of Dev to be exposed to the world and his choice was to hide it and daima was his helper in this matter...I wanted to wait sometime before writing this to watch more of RP and dadima but what they showed today made me think of writing about it. Initially before the leap when they showed daima and Dev, they showed daima teaching Dev to use love when dealing with the people in PB...why was that? I thought that she is protecting him...but can it be possible that she was also conditioning Dev's innocent and immature mind regarding putting others in the family before his own feeling? Even when the leap happened , daima's behavior left me scratching my head...that Dev is thinking everything is hunky dory when daima knows that it is not, so why isn't she reacting? I mean not shouting because being a servant she won't do that, but why weren't the makers not showing her reasons as to why she was quiet ...maybe because she knew that it wasn't the RP's intention to let Dev know about his truth...so she was continuing with teaching her about sacrifice, about obligation that resulted in this huge complex in Dev. Infact after the leap she was more worried about feeding Dev which makes sense because maybe giving shelter to Dev and looking after his food and material needs was what daima thought RP wanted her do do...and she did that. The only time she stood up was when Dev was being forced to marry Chanda...that was her love for Dev standing up but then RP was not there in front of daima as a competitor for her to choose between Dev and RP. Also maybe since she knew about Dev's real parentage she did not want Chanda to marry Dev. Also after the leap she used to be extremely sensitive to Padma and caring to Rohan...so she was continuing the mollycoddling of Padma that she used to do before as per what RP used to do. Today although when RP asked her to go and make Dev understand, she hesitated initially but then went because when it comes between Dev and RP, it will always be RP for daima and she continued doing what she has always done...followed RP's orders...It was interesting when she told Dev to sacrifice Radhika, she was looking guilty, maybe she knows that what she is doing is wrong but her loyality to RP is bending her.

But again Dev protested that it is not possible for him to do this...then RP used his trump card...he used Dev against Dev. RP knows that Dev is very duty conscious and he also knows that Dev can be easily guilt tripped...being a clever manipulator he should have guessed that Dev is a giver and not a taker so he will feel guilty if it is shown to him that he is taking away someone's rights or hopes. That's what RP did...he took him to the ashram for destitute women where women with sad past were looking after kids and told Dev that can Virat and Roha look after these people?...when only few days back he had openly said that he had no intention of letting Dev's history out to people. So if kashi maharaj never told him he would have made Virat or Rohan the RP...then what would have happened to these people?...RP is cleverly playing with words and indirectly telling Dev that all these people's hopes are on him...so again playing on giver and not a taker card here... 

Next day RP is quite happy looking at other girls pictures because everything is rosy in his world...Dev and Padma are furious and then on Padmas reminder regarding the value of Radhika, RP picks up his favourite card...Barkha ...Interestingly, when he put forward the proposal of Dev's marriage to Barkha, just watch his eyes...it shows the feeling of power that he has got what he wanted...he wanted Barkha who was his choice...he thinks Barkha is the perfect RPtian material...Radhika was never his choice...Radhika has done her work and can now be discarded...his love with his own image and again made him forget kashi maharaj's prophecy...

Coming to Barkha..when she was teasing Dev she never realized that Dev was sitting completely dejected...it took her some time...even his lifeless posture did not enter her head...shows that Barkha does not know Dev and also she is too engrossed in her own world to realize what is exactly happening...anyone with a little bit of empathy would have realized from Dev's posture , the way he was sitting that something is wrong? Then her conversation with Radhika...Radhika is sacrificing thinking of Dev's lost identity...Barkha said that she will never think of anything else but will fight for her love...so again Barkha will again think of herself and what she wants when she falls in love, whereas Radhika who although is also hurting Dev emotionally, but she is doing it for Dev and not for herself...because she is only going to get insults and stones in return.

And RP does not know that Radhika is Dev's Rukamini too...there is a big power than him present in the world and no one can play with that power.

Anyway for acting...today was Avinash's day...he was brilliant...and he stole the scenes from others. Radhika... I liked her lifeless looks and her breaking apart which she is trying to hide... Other than ...Garima was outstanding as the bitter, distressed mother and she was equally well supported but Aditya Lakhia...Rakesh Pandey and the manipulator was also good and also was Sushmita as Padma.

But my major problem today is that they are not showing Radhikas feelings as a monologue as to why she is doing this...they need to show a scene of her in front of kanha, her breaking down in front of Kanha...otherwise some people might think that Radhika is cold hearted and materialistic when she in not any of those...so in one way without this scene one can say that Radhika has been brought down to artificially glorify Barkha and her actions...

Edited by misti73 - 15 August 2011 at 12:08pm

The following 38 member(s) liked the above post:

sssdprekhrajAvina_Love4evervishala08SUNSHiNE_413imissouriioanacorpjb1masumasrilankachotibahufan1jsreRadhe101MaryamMaryPutijaChalhovzam123laxmischipakbvs7691laynarajsriNaina007august123laxmi_avinafanviprakshiRekha-radevchayya55sun_singh..yajnaseni..instcrisDaisy15suwinAngie12-Shankar-NiHa24.Mandy.Neerjaadevina22fatssrilanka

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mistis thoughts 15th August 2011" in Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

--Ekta--

IF-Rockerz

--Ekta--

Posted: 15 August 2011 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
MISTI ,i tell u firstly that i was waiting for ur comments
actually when mansaram slapped shanti,i was remembering u ,how will you react ,what will u say ,against her or supporting her bcoz u have always supported her,proved her step right in any way.

will read ur comments now.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

misti73Neerjaa

misti73

IF-Sizzlerz

misti73

Posted: 15 August 2011 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ekta-avinafan

MISTI ,i tell u firstly that i was waiting for ur comments
actually when mansaram slapped shanti,i was remembering u ,how will you react ,what will u say ,against her or supporting her bcoz u have always supported her,proved her step right in any way.

will read ur comments now.

Actually I don't support all Shantis actions...Shanti was wrong in emotionally torturing Radhika...of mis-treating Radhika...and she is still wrong in abusing Radhika ...but she is right in what she said today that no one will come to marry Chanda...she is also right in saying that Radhika did wrong in going in as a fake wife. Shanti has never loved Radhika so she will not understand Radhikas reasons. ...Chenu and Mansaram will.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MaryamMarychipakNeerjaa

Angie12

IF-Rockerz

Angie12

Posted: 15 August 2011 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by misti73

Anyway for acting'today was Avinash's day'''he was brilliant'''and he stole the scenes from others. Radhika' I liked her lifeless looks and her breaking apart which she is trying to hide'' Other than that'Garima was outstanding as the bitter distressed mother and she was equally well supported but Aditya Lakhia'''Rakesh Pandey and the manipulator was also good and also was Sushmita as Padma.

Avinash was so superb today with few dialogues and only expressions.  He looked with first shock when Radhika took off her ring and then with grief (unshed tears in his eyes) when she ran away.  Then when he was sitting in the room distraught and only tears were coming out of his eyes.  Radhika as a person with lost hopes was very good in Mansa and Shanti scene.  LIked Garima as a vicious but again a realistic mother to some extent.  Finally, Rakesh Panday as RP whom people initially thought of as the well wisher of Dev but instead is the worst enemy of Dev was very good in his ruthlessness. 

But my major problem today is that they are not showing Radhikas feelings as a monologue as to why she is doing this'.they need to show a scene of her in front of kanha, her breaking down in front of Kanha'..otherwise some people might think that Radhika is cold hearted and materialistic when she in not any of those''.so one way without this scene one can say that Radhika has been brought down to artificially glorify Barkha and her actions...

This ruined the show for me.  Once I figured out that Barkha is a part of this Vishaka type triangle (is anybody in doubt after listening to Barkha's comments and the final part of the episode?),  I always thought that Dev would be brought down for this track.  Didn't realize that even Radhika would be brought down too.  The destruction of Radhika began today.  So I am going to start with this part of the analysis.

Radhika was shown to be cruel to Dev as she threw his words at her.  Of course since this is CB and Dev and RAdhika never matter to creatives, there is no reaction from Dev that he realizes what he did in the past.  Radhika is just doing what he did. Ok assuming that he would realize it at some point in future or like other scenes that were never given to Dev,  he would never be shown realizing it, but at least Radhika could have been given a single solo scene or even given dialogues with Barkha to put across her point.

Radhika was being cruel to Dev for his own good.  If she had told him that being his RP matters to her because his rights have always been taken by others and she doesn't want this important status to go from him too (he would have got it anyway if Padma hadn't come to PB),  then he wouldn't have agreed.  But she could have been given words that were instead given to RP where she would have told Dev that Virat and Rohan are the contenders for RP title if he abdicates it.  Since both are selfish, it is he who is the most suitable and so on.  In any case, as expected she used the word "selfish" the same way Dev did use with her.  So it was poetic justice for him that way.

But...it made Radhika look so coldhearted when she wasn't being one.  She should have been shown to express in her own thoughts that it was that reason for her to force Dev to accept this RP position.  Instead, they are giving her words like "dharam", "society" and whatnot.  None of it matters to Radhika as she is shown in CB2 so far.

If dharam or society mattered to RAdhika, then she wouldn't have come to PB as Rohan's fake wife or spent the nights in his room (at least in society's eyes).  If the dharam had mattered to her, she wouldn't have continued living with Dev knowing fully well that the whole thing would go to trust if she doesn't accept being Rohan's wife before his 23rd birthday.  Until the very end, she didn't know that Dev was going to be RP and even after knowing that it was Dadaji's wish to make Rohan RP and he needed to be married before his 23rd birthday, she wanted to stay with Dev.  Then even when they found out that Rohan is not the youngest grandson, she told Dev that they really can't do much.  It was Dev who decided to take the risk of exposing Rohan (remember the conversation the night before he went to Muth to tell Mahant the truth). 

So Dev comes before any dharam, society or family for Radhika.  But she has been shown to state this both on Friday and today that she is doing it for RP family or to maintain dharam.  It would be ok if she had said it to Dev, but saying it to Barkha or not showing her viewpoint was really doing injustice to Radhika's character.  They did the same with Dev's character in last 10 episodes when he never voiced any concern that his mother was sacrificed for some cause for no reason.  Why do creatives end up doing this to their lead characters - Dev and Radhika who are the soul of CB and whom nobody wants to see being brought down?

Edited by why6 - 15 August 2011 at 12:16pm

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

imissouriMaryamMaryPutijaChalhovzam123chipakrajsrilaxmi_avinafanchayya55..yajnaseni..Neerjaadevina22misti73

Angie12

IF-Rockerz

Angie12

Posted: 15 August 2011 at 12:45pm | IP Logged

Well today...saw what I was expecting...Radhika sent Dev away and returned the engagement ring. The way she pulled away the engagement ring from her finger made me think as if she is forcibly with all her energy pulling out Dev from her. This girl is so stubborn and goal oriented that she will make a mess of her life again and again. Both the times...with Rohan and with RP she herself walked into the mess because of Dev...with Rohan it was to first prove her innocence to Dev  and later on to save Dev's life and with RP it is to save Dev's reputation and to give back what has been taken from him. She has actually become a statue..

Here they made Radhika look so ruthless and cruel when there was no need.  The dialogues were copy from CB1 (living for one's owns and society) that suited Radhika of CB1 but were mismatch for Radhika of CB2.  The argument in favor is that she did it intentionally to make Dev agree to this.  But these words alone wouldn't influence Dev or atleast the evolved Dev.  That Dev too left with Radhika while knowing fully well (at least based on the knowledge that he had that time) that he was breaking up Dadaji's dream of making Rohan RP.  If Radhika wasn't Rohan's wife before 23rd birthday, he wouldn't be an RP.  So Dev stopped caring for the society the day he decided that Radhika's well being came first.  He would not be dissuaded with the words "selfish" the way Radhika wasn't if he is kept consistent. 

If somebody who hasn't watched Radhika from the very beginning or hasn't analyzed the show we do here,  they would think of Radhika as a hypocrite.  This is the girl who broke all society norms for her love, didn't care for dharam (how is coming as fake wife of somebody dharam?) and didn't care for RP or her family either (knew that RP family would be humiliated if truth came out that she wasn't Rohan's wife and yet came as his wife.  Also her parents would be humiliated too as Shanti pointed out today).

.in front of Dev she hardened her heart and broke his heart and then at home she sat and listened like a statue to Shanti's ranting regarding her incomplete marriage to Rohan, her going in as the fake wife. There was no expression on her face, she was doing what she was doing and continued with her cooking. Earlier she used to get affected by Shanti...at least for some time she used to be and then she used to get back to normal maybe becuase she had hope and that was the basis of optimism, which is at the core of Radhika's characterization. Her sitting like a statue makes me thinks whether that optimism is now gone from Radhika. She is lifeless...what she told RP was true, that without Dev babu her life will loose its soul, its essence and what is now left behaving are just bones and skin...a statue...who will even become more heartless to see that Dev gets his name in society, because that is her obsession.

Yes, here Radhika has lost all her feelings.  She drove away Dev with her cruel words and now everything else was meaningless.  So could empathize with here.  She would be better off and leaving this house and starting her life fresh somewhere.  At least she would get mental peace.

Radhika only reacted when Mansaram hit Shanti who was shouting that it is right that Radhika is characterless...Radhika looks down and then Shanti continues that because of her no one will marry Chanda and gets another slap (Shanti is right and was the slap a way of Mansaram's reaction showing his helplesness)...Now Radhika has a distressed look...and later on when Shanti charges her...Radhika looks down. Maybe it is sinking in her what her actions will result in happening to this family but since she has now become like a statue she will continue with her mission...of turning Dev away. Radhika is very stubborn and combined with her one sighted vision she is quite capable of making a mess of her life. From todays episode it looked like Mansaram is facing the pressure... 

Shanti was partially right and her viciousness now has no bounds.  She now knows that Chanda would never be married in RP family.  At least there was a vestige of prestige if Radhika was going there (despite Shanti disliking the outcome of Radhika finding her KK, becoming his wife as well as RPtain).  Now Radhika is going to be at home forever and she is Shanti's nemesis.  So Shanti's behavior not only had the realistic words but also the extreme viciousness that she is capable of.  Mansa is facing pressure and he is not that strong to begin with.  So again RAdhika suffers and RP doesn't care anymore now that he has achieved his goals.

Now at the Purohit mansion, Dev is facing manipulations engineered by his grandfather. His grandfather first put the gun on Radhika's shoulder and fired a shot which is now working on Dev. He is sitting there in his room...completely lifeless, tears streaming down his face...as if his soul has gone from his body. Padma who has been the victim of similar situation tries to make sense to RP and seeing his reaction to Padma's arguments, it looks like that he is in love with hi is own image...as all idealist he might have started of being an ideal RP but then slowly his ego and his power in the society has resulted in the creation of this image of all powerful and all great RP in his mind. But in his power he has forgotten what is right and what is wrong. I always used to get this hint of power struggle between him and badi bahu...somehow I used to feel that RP doesn't like badi bahu not because she is wrong but more because she wants to take away his power...her anger towards badi bahu is also might be for the same reason...not because she has done something wrong but more because she made him bed ridden and completely dependent on others...he lost his power and she dared to do this to him..that is why he wanted to put badi bahu in prison but regarding Rohan he kept his mouth shut. Anyway Padma protests because she is facing the repercussions of something that happened 23 years back and being a coward now RP decides to use her as his weapon. Padma is not an idiot and she refuses...she had a strange look in her eyes when RP was trying to convince her.

Ok, I loved Dev here with his broken looks and where the ring fell down from his lifeless hands.  But why is Padma given the dialogues that should be Dev's.  He has to confront RP.  What kind of love does he have for RP that he doesn't find anything wrong with what he is doing?  If Dev is supposed to be a progressive RP, he would protest at injustice being done to Radhika.  Instead, Padma is using the dialogues that sort of don't suit her character as she is also into images.

RP used the argument that he has already made an annoucement of Hari's engagement to Padma and what would happen to Padma to break off his legitimate marraige with Chaya.  Now he is doing worse to Radhika where he is breaking off a public engagement of Radhika (Hari never even progressed to that stage with Padma) and feeding her to wolves.  So why won't Dev see that and question RP on this contrary behavior.  Now RP is doing worse to Radhika and to avoid this being done to Padma, he took Dev's mother from him. 

Again, it is glorification of Barkha and Padma (who is being made artifically Dev's loving adopted mother) that all relevant dialogues are being taken from Dev and given to these two characters.  If Dev is progressive person, he would use instead use the childhood marriage to claim RP title (who said that RPtain has to be present all the time; afterall didn't RP function without Dadi all these years). 

Coming back to Padma, I didn't like her using the words that Dev and Radhika complete each other.  She doesn't know their relationship that way and it again sounded artificial coming from her.  It would have been better if Dev had used these arguments with Dadaji.  But unfortunately, Dev is being made silent and all his scenes are given to others these days.  Hence this low rating of the show.

The only thing I liked about Padma (consistent with her character too) was her refusal to try to convince Dev.  Padma keeps silent but she can be outspoken about certain things.  She wouldn't let RP use her like this and that too for his repeated actions that has also ruined her life.   So a grey character like Padma definitely wouldn't do something so underhanded.  She may be grey but there is some basic honor in her that RP lacks. 

Then RP decided to use his main weapon...the one person who has been feeding obligation and duty to Dev since he was a child...daima. Since the last couple of weeks daima has been in my brain and I was wondering as to what her role is in this story. I was getting an idea but just wanted to see some more episodes to decide ...Daima has known everything regarding Dev but she kept quiet because she is a servant and also she is fiercely loyal to RP...she does love Dev in her own way (she trusted Dev's intentions when he kidnapped Radhika)...that of being his mentor but never a mother (that's what RP told her today, that she has been Devs guide since childhood, he did not mention the word mother), but for her the loyalty to RP comes first. Dadaji had said that he never wanted the identity of Dev to be exposed to the world and his choice was to hide it and daima was his helper in this matter...I wanted to wait sometime before writing this to watch more of RP and dadima but what they showed today made me think of writing about it. Initially before the leap when they showed daima and Dev, they showed daima teaching Dev to use love when dealing with the people in PB...why was that? I thought that she is protecting him...but can it be possible that she was also conditioning Dev's innocent and immature mind regarding putting others in the family before his own feeling? Even when the leap happened , daima's behavior left me scratching my head...that Dev is thinking everything is hunky dory when daima knows that it is not, so why isn't she reacting? I mean not shouting because being a servant she won't do that, but why weren't the makers not showing her reasons as to why she was quiet ...maybe because she knew that it wasn't the RP's intention to let Dev know about his truth...so she was continuing with teaching her about sacrifice, about obligation that resulted in this huge complex in Dev. Infact after the leap she was more worried about feeding Dev which makes sense because maybe giving shelter to Dev and looking after his food and material needs was what daima thought RP wanted her do do...and she did that. The only time she stood up was when Dev was being forced to marry Chanda...that was her love for Dev standing up but then RP was not there in front of daima as a competitor for her to choose between Dev and RP. Also maybe since she knew about Dev's real parentage she did not want Chanda to marry Dev. Also after the leap she used to be extremely sensitive to Padma and caring to Rohan...so she was continuing the mollycoddling of Padma that she used to do before as per what RP used to do. Today although when RP asked her to go and make Dev understand, she hesitated initially but then went because when it comes between Dev and RP, it will always be RP for daima and she continued doing what she has always done...followed RP's orders...It was interesting when she told Dev to sacrifice Radhika, she was looking guilty, maybe she knows that what she is doing is wrong but her loyality to RP is bending her.

Ok, this was the only consistent part for me today.  RP is extremely ruthless and has no compassion.  He destroys people and doesn't look back.  So Dev knows that it is again his Radhika who is suffering for someone's actions.  But does RP care?  No, he just used Radhika and then discarded her just as he had discarded Chaya all those years ago.  That's why Dev has to be one to render justice to RP and what better justice than marrying Radhika and leaving RP alone.  He is no Dadaji to Dev.  Yet,  they show Dev bowing down in front of RP.  Afterall he has done in the past and now to Radhika,  I can't see Dev meekly agreeing to RP's manipulations.  What kind of blind love is this?  Dev outgrew his blind love for Rohan when he realized Rohan's true colors?  Why not even an ounce of disillusionment from Dev regarding RP. 

Anyway, coming back to Daima she was in character today.  So where Padma refused, she agreed.  Glad that mother word wasn't used today.  She was never a mother to Dev.  She is the one who gave bad advice to Dev all those months ago and has never repented for it.  She is a true fanatic follower of RP as every autocrat has one.  They are in love with that autocrat and are indoctrined to his beliefs.  They are as ruthless as the autocrat.  So Daima is one and her demeanor is that of one too.  That's why she never came to enquire about RAdhika's well being when she was brought back by Rohan in that broken state.  So now her behavior to Dev and to Padma makes sense.  Since RP mollycoddles Padma, so she does.  When RP wanted Radhika for Dev, so did she and now she can easily tell Dev to forget Radhika too.

There should be a punishment for this RP and his personal slave Daima.  Now wouldn't mind few injections for both from Barkha (this is just a jest in case people take offense).

Edited by why6 - 15 August 2011 at 6:08pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

MaryamMarychipakchayya55..yajnaseni..Neerjaa

Neerjaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Neerjaa

Posted: 15 August 2011 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
 Misti I loved reading your take through the episode ...I just feel there was need for Dev,s confronting his grandfather , why he kept quite , what they never showed before , could have shown now .. Why there is still no confrontation between Dev and RP…Why he was just listening to his grandfather, at least have shown, he talked about her mother sacrifice and he is not ready to go the same way …he should not give up without fighting …. Even did not talk to Dai ma about Her mother …When RP asks Dev to come with him , I thought he was going to tell Dev,  the reason why he asked his mother to sacrifice , some valid reason , but nothing that sort ……
            As for shanti , she is good , whatever she was  saying is right ...They are from lower strata of society , they will have to  listen to  all kind of  crap  about Radhika ...I liked Padma  and as for Barkha , till now she has given any hint of her going negative , so have to see what is coming next...Misti You have very well analyzed Dev and Radhka ,Do not have to write anything about them ...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

chipakmisti73

Angie12

IF-Rockerz

Angie12

Posted: 15 August 2011 at 1:11pm | IP Logged

But again Dev protested that it is not possible for him to do this...then RP used his trump card...he used Dev against Dev. RP knows that Dev is very duty conscious and he also knows that Dev can be easily guilt tripped...being a clever manipulator he should have guessed that Dev is a giver and not a taker so he will feel guilty if it is shown to him that he is taking away someone's rights or hopes. That's what RP did...he took him to the ashram for destitute women where women with sad past were looking after kids and told Dev that can Virat and Roha look after these people?...when only few days back he had openly said that he had no intention of letting Dev's history out to people. So if kashi maharaj never told him he would have made Virat or Rohan the RP...then what would have happened to these people?...RP is cleverly playing with words and indirectly telling Dev that all these people's hopes are on him...so again playing on giver and not a taker card here... 

This was an artificial scene for me.  Dev has been managing muths and everything associated with muths for few years now.  So he would be aware of what is being done and why.  Yes, it is true that some injustice must have been done in the past where nobody was in charge or even when Dev was in charge as he never had the formal power that he would have as an RP.  But again,  he is not unaware of all that RP does.  When RP is talking about these individual injustices being done,  why wouldn't Dev ask him that where is justice when one just listens to the society.  If he can't provide justice to a girl that changed his (RP and Dev's) family,  then how can he do justice to others.  How can justice be done if one just gives in to the society whether the society is right or wrong? But again how can a proper confrontation scene be shown if an artificial track is to be shown.  Also I was expecting Radhika to use Virat and Rohan to bolster her argument.  She was instead given two cold dialogues and that was that.  Looking at the precap,  her character would be made similar to Dev's character in May where she would be one-dimensionally doing things that go against her complex personality and no explanation would be shown.

So BB was shown to repeat same dialogue again and again with Dadaji and Virat, but they won't give anything to Dev and RAdhika that justifies their reasons for their actions (right or wrong doesn't matter).

Next day RP is quite happy looking at other girls pictures because everything is rosy in his world...Dev and Padma are furious and then on Padmas reminder regarding the value of Radhika, RP picks up his favourite card...Barkha ...Interestingly, when he put forward the proposal of Dev's marriage to Barkha, just watch his eyes...it shows the feeling of power that he has got what he wanted...he wanted Barkha who was his choice...he thinks Barkha is the perfect RPtian material...Radhika was never his choice...Radhika has done her work and can now be discarded...his love with his own image and again made him forget kashi maharaj's prophecy...

This goes to show how ruthless and uncaring this RP is.  He showed his helplessness to Radhika and once he got what he wanted from her, he is happily doing things that he wanted to do without any care for Dev's feelings.  But then he never cared for Dev's feelings before.  That's why it is time for Dev to realize how little he matters to RP and he is sacrificing his values for RP.  It doesn't matter if Radhika breaks up her engagement.  Dev's actions should be independent of those.  Again I am repeating myself. 

But coming back to Barkha, RP is glad as Barkha is his choice just as Padma was his choice.  He is not thinking of the prophecy as it doesn't suit him to think of that now.  Infact, if necessary he would use the prophecy to justify Barkha's choice.  But not sure if he would tell of prophecy to Dev as Dev would connect it with Radhika instantly.   It was always Barkha he wanted as she fits his requirements.

Coming to Barkha..when she was teasing Dev she never realized that Dev was sitting completely dejected...it took her some time...even his lifeless posture did not enter her head...shows that Barkha does not know Dev and also she is too engrossed in her own world to realize what is exactly happening...anyone with a little bit of empathy would have realized from Dev's posture , the way he was sitting that something is wrong? Then her conversation with Radhika...Radhika is sacrificing thinking of Dev's lost identity...Barkha said that she will never think of anything else but will fight for her love...so again Barkha will again think of herself and what she wants when she falls in love, whereas Radhika who although is also hurting Dev emotionally, but she is doing it for Dev and not for herself...because she is only going to get insults and stones in return.

Yes, Barkha is no shadow of Radhika's.  In some sense, it would serve RP right when he realizes that.  Barkha doesn't know Dev at all.  That's why she could come in the room and joke with him without seeing that he is in shock.  Same with her conversation with Radhika.  Now that she loves Radhika where she can't think of anybody beyond her.  So far she doesn't love Dev and cares only for RAdhika.  So she is doing inscrupulous things in her name (torturing Rohan or keeping him imprisoned ; can't wait to see Padma's reaction when she realizes what Barkha did to Rohan).  Once she starts getting obsessed about Dev, she would be doing more things to Dev and Radhika and even RP in the name of that love.  Wouldn't mind her sending RP to jail (if they are going with Vishaka track).  But the question is will RP ever apologize or will Dev and RAdhika as usual excuse his actions by calling them "dharam".

And RP does not know that Radhika is Dev's Rukamini too...there is a big power than him present in the world and no one can play with that power.

RP is using wrong analogies.  He is calling that Krishan gave up Radhika in name of dharam.  Krishan and Radhika's relationship is beyond the understanding of these creatives and it makes me mad when they use that.  Kanha never justified doing  adharamic things in the name of society.  He broke society's rules all the time because he wanted justice instead.  He encouraged his own sister to run away with Arjun (her true love) because his brother Balram wanted her to marry Duryodhan (his favorite).  He went against his own family and beloved brother to make that happen.  There are numerous examples where he gave asylum to women considered fallen by the society.  Then he told Arjun to fight his own kin because they were on the wrong side.  Here they showed Dev asking RP to forgive murderous BB and Virat.  So how is Dev Kanha like to begin with? 

Going back to Dev and Radhika,  Radhika is both Radha and Rukmini to Dev as pointed by several forum members.  This is beyond the understanding of RP who cloakes all wrong actions in the name of dharam.  But this is done by all religious fanatics all over the world.  Misuse dharam to justify injustices and commit atrocities.  Again my problem is not how they portray RP.  Whatever they are showing is consistent with his character.

My problem is that they are bringing down Dev and Radhika for this track when they don't need to do.  Dev and Radhika can easily be separated at this time and there are several negative and grey characters who would aid that - RP, Daima,BB and Virat.  Padma is a grey character who would create more problems for Dev.  Radhika in her obsessiveness about Dev's welfare would be against Dev too just as Dev was like that in the beginning. 

But it is Dev's fight and he doesn't need to be made weak instead.  This is the track where he has to come across a fighter and being on the right side.  So he would never agree to marry anybody and instead use his childhood marriage as a last resort to claim both RP title (fulfilling the marriage requirement before the age of 23) and eventually Radhika (who would resist his efforst at first).   Barkha is not a part of this fight as she is just a minor character on the side who is partially involved.  But...if triangles with one obsessed stalker character have to be accomodated in all tracks, then obviously the leads have to be brought down to justify that. 

Edited by why6 - 15 August 2011 at 1:14pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MaryamMarychipak..yajnaseni..Neerjaa

Myra.nelly

IF-Sizzlerz

Myra.nelly

Posted: 15 August 2011 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
Misti u blew my mind with ur analisys...sincerely it was wonderful well thought and written!
So, to give my pov...today we wittnessed the slowly death of radev...R.I.P to their souls
Cry The were like walking corps...completly lifeless...why always the good ones have to suffer like this...so to be happy later,or in the afterlife?dont know but as pure souls are dieing now hope the devil ones(dadaji)will burn is hell soon...i guess his tarnished name by his own deeds and not radev's will be a great punishment!The scene with radev was heartbreaking...yes,she was trying to get dev from her soul along with the ring,i guess that was "the last breath" she took cause after she was lifeless only...she didnt have the power to even measure shanti's words...gosh i enjoyed mansa's treatment,both were amazing...Barkha and dev...odd scene,as well as barkha radh...lots of painful hints...i could get that barkha thinks only about herself and her goals,as she did with rohan,her goal was to avenge her friends and was oblivious to surroundings,then her phsyco actions now she is oblivious to others emotions and feelings...No need to say how proud i am of padma,she rocked today,she expressed all our questions and finaly talked back to dadaji...how knt he see what padma and us see...i guess his big Ego is stopping him... Padma was great praising radh then dadaji dropped the bomb of Radh shadow barkha...What a crap,barkha doesnt have not even 10% of her qualities...Abt ur theory re daima, i see her as an army officer payed to teach and train the next rjp...but has grown some feelings for the cadet...lets see what she does next in her training...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

chipakmisti73Neerjaa

Post Reply New Post

Go to top