CID

STORY CONTEST - 5 (STORIES POSTED ON NEW THREAD) (Page 87)

Post Reply New Post

Page 87 of 88

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 5:06am | IP Logged
No one said Rose is not good...that is if it is really a rose. They just said that out of 10 different flowers in a garden they would prefer other flowers. Now please...chill.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "STORY CONTEST - 5 (STORIES POSTED ON NEW THREAD) (Page 87)" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sunnyp1414

IF-Dazzler

sunnyp1414

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 5:06am | IP Logged
whats going on here its just an open contest.  One should be prepared for each and everything.
Most importantly every story was improvement over original Big smile. Main motive is achieved so WE won

Originally posted by visrom

I wanted to write about one incident in school related to getting less marks...but then mood kharab ho gaya.Ouch

@ vis comeon write it 

Edited by sunnyp1414 - 02 October 2011 at 5:10am

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 5:10am | IP Logged

Yeah...participation and having fun is more important. Results - everyone should be happy that they could write a story which is better than the original...they were able to entertain IF's CIDans for a few days. That's more than enough.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sunnyp1414

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 5:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sunnyp1414

@ vis comeon write it 
Actually I wrote it, then saw that the discussion is going somewhere else, so I deleted it. I think it's there in notepad...it's really nothing...just a stupid incident of my school days. you may find it boring.

sunnyp1414

IF-Dazzler

sunnyp1414

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 5:20am | IP Logged
@ Vis just post it let us decide if its boring or not LOL. If its still in notepad then just post it. 

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 5:25am | IP Logged
This came up because of the score one person has given to my story.

I was taken back to my school days...this was in 7th std when I was learning Telugu as my 3rd lang. Most of my classmates were non-Telugu, so the teacher had a tough time with teaching us spellings. And Telugu was usually very tough, compared to the 3rd lang Hindi.

She had this sickening habit of giving sudden dictation tests. One day she selected a very tough poem which was in the ancient poetic Telugu.

She dictated 25 words and asked us to exchange our books and correct. After this, she asked the students who had got 25 to stand up for an applause. No one stood up. She came down to 24, 23, 22...17. One girl got up and we all started clapping when the teacher asked us all to stop clapping as it was nothing to feel proud of...she scolded us that 17 marks as the highest is something to feel ashamed about vagera.

Then she started from the other side. She asked as to who got 0. Half of the class stood up. Then she asked as to who got 1. The remaining half stood up. Now this teacher used to stay near my house and she knew me well. She was looking at me all this while and found that I hadn't stood up for anything.

Then she asked me to stand up and asked in front of the whole class 'how much did you get'. This was unfair...everyone else got scolded as a group and I was being asked alone about my marks. I was embarrassed and couldn't lift up my face.

She asked me to pass on my book and saw my marks - 2/25 and she read out all my misspellings in front of the whole class. All the students around me were laughing and even I was about to burst into laughter. The teacher saw me and saw me shaking...(I hope you get me...) She couldn't see my face as I was looking down...she thought I was crying. ROFL

She then started consoling me saying there's nothing to cry and this dictation is not the end of the world, you can improve by regular practice and what-not. At that time, one girl couldn't control herself and burst out laughing. The teacher caught her and scolded her for 'laughing at me'.ROFL She told her, ' you got 0...at least she has got 2'. ROFL

We had a big laugh after the class was over.

Edited by visrom - 02 October 2011 at 5:29am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

DemonStarBhavanabAkshay.sunnyp1414Shagnika

sunnyp1414

IF-Dazzler

sunnyp1414

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 5:32am | IP Logged

ROFL.    was really imagining teacher counting from 25 to 17 her moral must be loosing  with each decrement and you all students with same enthusiasm waiting for clapping and soon as one stand may be what veer marks just clap. I really miss school days so innocent thinking.

Was thinking  had that not girl scored 17 then you were second highest. you would have got that clapping at score of 2

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 02 October 2011 at 5:33am | IP Logged
No no...not second highest...there were 1 or 2 who had got 5, 7 etc. The teacher didn't ask them. Disapprove One she saw that 17 was highest, she started from 0.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top