CID

STORY CONTEST - 5 (STORIES POSTED ON NEW THREAD) (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 88

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 14 August 2011 at 6:05am | IP Logged
That's the tricky part. The level of improvement has to be seen. If someone can take an episode like Father's revenge or Injured Witness and make it better than the original it will be really great.

It's a complex scoring system I was thinking of. Something like this...

The scorer has to rate the original episode on Zerry's scale. Then give a score to the re-make.

I will write some kind of an excel formula like this.

Calculate the difference. If the episode score is 1, multiply the differece by 2. If the episode score is 2 multiply the difference by 3 and so on. If the episode score is 5, multiply the difference by 5. Something like this...I have to work this out in a fool proof manner.

Software experts are welcome to suggest. Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

astonish

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "STORY CONTEST - 5 (STORIES POSTED ON NEW THREAD) (Page 4)" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Gitanjali-

Coolbie

-Gitanjali-

Posted: 14 August 2011 at 6:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by visrom

Calculate the difference. If the episode score is 1, multiply the differece by 2. If the episode score is 2 multiply the difference by 3 and so on. If the episode score is 5, multiply the difference by 5. Something like this...I have to work this out in a fool proof manner.

Oh my I didnt get this at allROFL

sunnyp1414

IF-Dazzler

sunnyp1414

Posted: 14 August 2011 at 6:09am | IP Logged
nutshell that means comparison between original episode and remake only.

Edited by sunnyp1414 - 14 August 2011 at 6:09am

-Gitanjali-

Coolbie

-Gitanjali-

Posted: 14 August 2011 at 6:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sunnyp1414

^^ why not? Improvement in that epsiodeBig smile

LOL  No no that episode can't be improved I guess

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 14 August 2011 at 6:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by NandiniPS

Oh my I didnt get this at allROFL
Some people were complaining about the previous contest scores...and yeah...I also felt that some of the scoring was unfair. So, let an impartial computer program do it. I'll feed a formula to excel. It will take care. Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shalini.cid

-Gitanjali-

Coolbie

-Gitanjali-

Posted: 14 August 2011 at 6:14am | IP Logged

[QUOTE=NandiniPS][QUOTE=visrom]

\
Some people were complaining about the previous contest scores...and yeah...I also felt that some of the scoring was unfair. So, let an impartial computer program do it. I'll feed a formula to excel. It will take care. Wink

Hmmm so no physical voting will be there?

I guess someone set you thinkingWink

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 14 August 2011 at 6:16am | IP Logged
What i mean is...if someone chooses a 4 rated episode...the person has to make sure it gets 4.5 or 5. Otherwise s/he gets a 0. (No negative marks here) If the person is daring enough to do it, s/he gets max marks. Suppose the episode had a 4 and this person's version gets a 5. It will be (5-4) * 5 = 5 marks. But if the person chooses a lousy episode like Manav bomb which had got 1 and makes it a 3. The person gets (3-1) * 2 = 4 marks. Not exactly like this, but somethig similar...I am working it out.

sunnyp1414

IF-Dazzler

sunnyp1414

Posted: 14 August 2011 at 6:21am | IP Logged
That means choose epsiode where viewers had written had there been negative rating I would have given that.

Ok. Now episode we choose actually play big role and chances of 2 person picking same epsiode increases and somehow while reading readers may compare that two episodes..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top