Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

fly2me

IF-Sizzlerz

fly2me

Posted: 13 August 2011 at 1:35pm | IP Logged

Ajay Devgn's the new Himmatwala!

http://www.moviespad.com/photos/ajay-devgn-poster-873f6.jpg

Sajid Khan after finishing the sequel to Housefull will don the director's cap once again to remake the 1983 hit Jeetendra-Sridevi starrer Himmatwala. The film to be produced by Vashu Bhagnani will star Ajay Devgn in the lead role played by the jumping jack Jeetandra in the original.

A source revealed, "Sajid Khan is one f the top most commercial filmmaker of recent times. After the success of Heyy Babyy and Housefull, he is also one of the most soight after directors. Vashu Bhagnani had signed him for the project some time back, reportedly, for Rs 12 crore. Ajay Devgn too has been signed for the yet untitled project. He too has received a big sum of money speculated to be around Rs 15-18 crore."

"Sajid Khan is a movie buff and a self proclaimed lover of the 80s classics. he has always tried to maintain some element of the old films in his directorial ventures. In Housefull for instance, he incorporated the trademark Mithunda pelvic thrust in the Pappa Jag Jayega song. He is a huge Sridevi fan as well. Himmatwala was an obvious choice for remake. Everyone loved his idea and the script is now under process," added the source.

In fact, Sajid is also trying to get rights for the hit music of the original film. "In the past, Sajid had bought rights of Apni Toh Jaise Taise for his film Housefull. It is likely that he would buy the rights of the Himmatwala songs like Naino Mein Sapna, Taki O Taki and Ladki Nahi Lakdi Ka Khamba hai. However, everything is being kept under wraps at the moment. The producers want to make a big official announcement soon," informed another source.

When contacted Vashu Bhagnani the producer of the film said, "Yes I am making a film with Sajid Khan and Ajay Devgn but it will go on the floors next year. Nothing has been finalised yet."

When asked about the film being a remake of Himmatwala, he said, "It is a commercial action romantic film but it is a fresh subject."

Sajid Khan refused to divulge any details either and said, "Vashuji, Ajay and I are coming together for the film. I had told Vashuji that after Housefull 2 finishes, I will make a film for him and I am standing by my commitment. I am directing the film and it will be a typical Sajid Khan film, which promises wholesome entertainment for the entire family. As far as the subject of the film goes, it is too early to give any details and I cannot disclose the subject at this point of time."
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Ajay-Devgns-the-new-Himmatwala/articleshow/9588565.cms

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ajay Devgn's the new Himmatwala!" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Ranjha-

IF-Stunnerz

-Ranjha-

Posted: 13 August 2011 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
Clap

.Monami.

IF-Dazzler

.Monami.

Posted: 13 August 2011 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
nice dp n siggy Billa!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

TheRowdiest-Ranjha-

fly2me

IF-Sizzlerz

fly2me

Posted: 13 August 2011 at 1:50pm | IP Logged

When asked about the film being a remake of Himmatwala, he said, "It is a commercial action romantic film but it is a fresh subject."

"Fresh subject"...Yeah right!Sleepy
I hope its not a remake...not another one. Please...no!

2direct

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 13 August 2011 at 1:53pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

fly2me

IF-Sizzlerz

fly2me

Posted: 13 August 2011 at 2:21pm | IP Logged
^^ True that.
Love Ajay. Such a talent and a star! <3

-Ranjha-

IF-Stunnerz

-Ranjha-

Posted: 13 August 2011 at 2:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Monami.

nice dp n siggy Billa!