Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Banjaaran25 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: *dewdrop~pearl*

Wow, what a wonderful writeup and compilation, Nimmi 👏! And nice idea, Lekha 👍🏼.

I loved the way you compared and wrote about the 2 eternal fairy tales, one - Beauty and the Beast, and second, LTL 👍🏼. And putting up the snapshots of BATB and LTL added to the impact 😳. Yes, there is a huge similarity between both the stories, and both had the ability to touch ones heart and soul. Both carried the same message - how beauty and love is not connected with external appearance, but with internal traits. Love sees beyond superficiality.

Actually just when LTL started, there was an article comparing it with Beauty and the Beast. It was an unusually good article about the show, where from one perspective, Dutta was considered the "beast"(mainly due to his profession of killing people, and his internal and external darkness), whereby Nakusha was considered the "beauty" as she was a beautiful human being. Then other obvious perspective was where Dutta was considered the "beauty" (obviously due to his good looks), and Nakku the "beast" due to her ugly appearance.

Your writeup brought back both the nostalgic stories, thanks a lot 😳
. And thanks for making my VM a part of your wonderful writeup 😳.

thank you for your lovely comments aparna.. and a big hug for allowing me to use your Vm🤗...
@red..
that was the message i loved best in that fairy tale. it was so true... and LTL brought that message back and HOW!!!!!

@red...
that was Bang ON.. the first time ever on screen i have seen such superbly crafted characters.. each imperfect to the world (to quote u😉) but just perfect when together..
a handsome guy falling for a not so beautiful girl.. (actually ugly when u first see her) and a girl understanding, loving and finally winning a flawed guy... it was just soo lovely..
Banjaaran25 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Keva

Fabulously written nimmi_rra. 👏 I agree with you.

Just yesterday I was watching the song "tale as old as time." Among all the fairytales beauty and the beast has been my all time favorite. 👏

Thanks for posting the song I found the video to this song but i guess it has been sung by somebody else.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qtTPTxvoPA&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Also there is a prologue uploaded on yt.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__x8CYAVMbk&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/YOUTUBE]
There is one scene where dutta asks naku - tu ne mujh mein aisa kya dekha? sigh this guy just feels nobody can ever love him. 😔 Just like the prologue the beast lost all hope for who could ever learn to love a beast *sigh*

You mentioned everything that has to be mentioned about both the couples so I'll mention the other characters in these stories.

I always thought of the clock and candelabra as being Baji and then one scene of baji and madhu made them clock and candelabra for me. 😆 🤣I mean the clock and candle just were so fabulous they use to cheer the beast that yes you can make her fall in with you.  So some pics.
 Clock and candelabra all happy seeing the beast happy dancing with belle and then both of them giving him thumbs up 👍🏼

Madhu and baji  so happy and totally ready to give each other a high five on seeing dutta being calm.  👏

Baji extremely happy to see his best friend finally getting married.

Thanks for this post enjoyed seeing the caps  and reading your description of both the stories.

thanx keva🤗.. my lotus..
the story of beauty and the beast was something that i loved.. it was sooo different.. unique among all fairy tales...
i adored dutta in that scene u described. him in his white kurta all vulnerable.. and the way he asks naku as if he just couldnt believe how could she love him. how could anyone love him... My beast of the fairytale...
hey clock and the candle equals baji and madhu ...🤣...
that was bang on girl...
gee thanx for the smiles.. will last the whole day.. apna baaji was such a sweetheart..
and yeah the caps are hilarious.. fit to T..
and the song..
it is beautiful.. the starting where candle gives the beast goodluck sign reminded me of baaji and dutta before he proposes naku during nariyaal poornima..
hey should we call the teapot  AS...😆..

and the prologue..
wait here i come🤗..
heart touching.. made me sooo nostalgic.. and video was heart warming with that haunting quality.. me will go and watch it again...
thanx again😳!!!

spandana11 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Good post nimmi and good pic to very well made👏 liked it good idea
Keva thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@ nimmi_rra - AS as teapot 😆 OMG  I never thought of that. Okay AS is teapot coz she also like teapot was all so happy to see original dutta-naku together. 😆
thanks for the hug yes the prologue is fantastic I love it. 👍🏼
Banjaaran25 thumbnail
@spandana11
thank you sooo much..😳!!!!telugulo thanx ne emantaaru... 🤔.. thanx ee antareemoo!!!😊...

@keva...
so AS is teapot. Baaji is candlelabra shortform candle... madhu is too slim and sweet. lets call kishore the clock.😆...
and anna the villian..
missing kala here any ideas??!!
Keva thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@nimmi_rra - Well actually we really do not have anybody to represent Kala. There was no big evil character that could represent Kala. Bechari Kala reh gayi 😒😆
.Indu. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
wowww...good Post Nimmi..and pics are amazing...

👏👏👏👏👏👏
Banjaaran25 thumbnail
Originally posted by: m.indira

wowww...good Post Nimmi..and pics are amazing...

👏👏👏👏👏👏

thank you indu😳!!

'nimmi is taking a bow'😊
Banjaaran25 thumbnail
guys!! thank you so much for your lovely comments and liking this thread...
i am touched and overwhelmed...

but i started this thread as a celebration of the beautiful story called Laagi tujhse lagan...

for some of us the story ended on 28th march 2011..
for some of us it is alive in Vintage thread...
for some of us it goes on in D-N eternal thread...

but for all of us the saga lives on...

i just wanted to celebrate our lagan with this saga..
so people times to dust off cowwebs from those old diaries...
a gentle nudge to mind
a subtle patting of heart...

and pen down your story...
the first eye contact... How you ended up watching the saga..
the first love... when you fell in love with it
and the forever bond... when you were completely and totally in love...

i shared my story ... and i am awaiting yours.
come on guys lets celebrate just one more time a saga called Laagi tujhse lagan...
Edited by nimmi_rra - 12 years ago
Ani_La_Iam thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
My story behind LTL…hmmm...🤔

My first episode I watch was Dutta and Naku's first marriage. I had not seen a Indian tv show in some time and my sister told me about this show.

Really love the way (in the marriage episode) Mishal/Dutta change from anger to vulnerability…loved MR performance.👏

The show was very unique and the quality very high…all actors where great. 😊

I love characters…who is troubled…broody…lonely…mysteries…very deep…but got a heart of gold.

I got hooked to the show…manly because of Mishal's brilliant performance…His relationship and chemistry with all the actors on LTL.

When I saw MR first entry…AB style…Loved it.

There love story was different and unique… the way that Dutta need her and she complete him…was beautiful.😍

Just imagine…Don felling in love with a little black maid. The way he looked at her…caring and full of love - who would not wish for a man looking at you like that. 😍

The way Dutta (handsome guy) wanted to look good in her (not so pretty girl) eyes…was beautiful.

It make you think…if a Don can fell in love with a girl like her…there is hope for us too.😆

I will call LTL a beautiful fairytale…with a amazing performer like MR.

By the way did anyone feel that when MR smile he reminds you of Anil Kapoor.

I had a little trouble with that in the beginning…do not really like AK (sorry AK fans) and in the beginning MR smile remind me of him…thanks God I got over it.😆