Samir Soni back with Parichay (Interview)

Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Well known actor Samir Soni, who shot to fame after his stint in Bigg Boss 4, will soon be seen on television again. This time he is back with a fiction show Parichay  produced by Balaji. We got Samir to chat about his second innings on television and his character Kunal Chopra.
Has Bigg Boss changed your life?

Bigg Boss is an extremely popular show. Before that, people knew me as an actor who had done films and tv. But post Bigg Boss everybody knows me on first name basis. Yes, things have changed for me in very a positive way and I couldn't be happier in life right now.

How did the show with Ekta Kapoor come about?

She called and told me that she has a lovely script for me. When I read the whole script, I just loved the character Kunal Chopra. Soon after, I was on for the show.

How is your rapport with Ekta Kapoor?

Ekta is a very good friend of mine and my association with her goes a long way. Though we haven't worked together, we have been in touch. Before this show, Ekta had approached me when she was casting for another show but that didn't work out.
What kept you away from serials for so long?

After Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi and Saakshi, I got busy with films and I didn't feel excited about any television show offered to me or about anything on tv.
What appealed to you about Parichay?

Firstly, this show has a realistic approach. My character Kunal has a lot of layers. Usually the characters on television are uni-dimensional, but this one is multi dimensional. Moreover, I have never played such a character, even in films. So it should be fun and I am looking forward to it. I am hoping like Ekta's other on-going show Bade Achche Lagte Hain, Parichay too will be appreciated for the realistic approach, story and content.

How would you compare Kunal to Purab from Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi?

Both are diametrically opposite to each other. Jassi's Purab was almost a perfect man, extremely successful whereas Kunal is down both professionally and personally. He has his own inner demons to fight.

Finally, how is married life faring for you?

I am far more settled and anchored. Since Neelam belonged to the same profession, there's a lot of comfort and understanding. After marrying Neelam, I feel complete.
Edited by PIA.SEN.GUPTA - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks Pia for the article

Hope  to see a different flavor from his role in JJKN in this role as Kunaal in Parichay
HaHaHeHe-Hupp thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
thanx pia for this interview . samir looking nice in given pic..
-MariaMars- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks for sharing the article Pia