Connect with the reel self (article)

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

SmritiKatha

IF-Rockerz

SmritiKatha

Posted: 10 August 2011 at 8:03am | IP Logged

Samir Soni, Actor

The character Kunal Chopra is on my mind since the past few weeks. I am playing this character on a new TV show titled Parichay.

My last serial was Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi and I am returning to television after seven years. I am really anxious as to how people will react to it.

The programme revolves around Kunal, a fallen hero who is a lawyer, leading a disinterested life. However, he gets a second chance.

Kunal lives life on his own terms and somehow I can really connect with the character. Ekta (Kapoor) told me that she was scripting the character with me in mind.

Even during the shoot, many instances  actually made me feel that the character resembles me a lot.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

divra4ShaiqMadihaananyashera.Monami.shanti05-Nightingale-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Connect with the reel self (article)" in Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Charu21

IF-Sizzlerz

Charu21

24 Forum Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 10 August 2011 at 8:40am | IP Logged
Absolutely!!! i too can't think of anyone else playing Kunal... It's written for Sameer only.. 
But as far as i know, initially EK had chosen some other actor 4 this role (those may b rumours Ermm)
Thanx a ton for sharing da article... Hug sorry my 'like' is not working but u can assume my 'love' for ur post!!! LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SmritiKatha

HaHaHeHe-Hupp

IF-Sizzlerz

HaHaHeHe-Hupp

Posted: 10 August 2011 at 9:57am | IP Logged
Hats off to ekta for bringing such ideas to make two shows are BAlh and parichaya. So far i have seen almost all shows of ekta i found them copy of one another but these shows are really quite different from those shows . Unique concept ! Hope that other imitator dont copy these concepts to make their shows interesting . Say anything about ekta but she is virtually sagacious director producer .

Samir , dont need to worry, i m sure of ur fans wanting even in kunnal role. U are well versed actor and promising as well.

SmritiKatha

shanti05

IF-Stunnerz

shanti05

Posted: 10 August 2011 at 10:29am | IP Logged
Thanks Pia for the article , lets see how much of Samir we see in Kunaal

SmritiKatha

HaHaHeHe-Hupp

IF-Sizzlerz

HaHaHeHe-Hupp

Posted: 10 August 2011 at 10:45am | IP Logged
Yaar one characterstic i can see in both is to be obstinate. . Kunnal is kind of humourous and gullible person.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.