Debate Mansion

Segregation in classroom-ablity based (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 13 January 2006 at 3:40pm | IP Logged
yea it is a good idea if it is not made obvious...like if da clases r labeles "advanced" "average" and "remedial" thn it can be hurtful...in elementry school (kindergarden to grade 5 for those who are unaware of our schooling system) i was in an advanced program but i didnt know it LOL every school has different sections and 1 of the sections was for advanced students 1 was for remedial students and the rest for average students. but no1 told us...we thot the distribution of the section was purely random (average clases had randomly assigned sections b/c there was more than 1 average class). this allowed the students who needed more help 2 get the extrea student and it also allowed brighter students to advance higher than they could. there were competitions bu only within the sections not the entire school. the parents knew about it but the teachers and school people told them not to tell their children...i found out a few years ago when my sister was moved from an average class to an advanced class because of her improvement and that was a while after i had already graduated from the school...if it is done tht way it is good bcuz the children dont feel inferior or superior 2 ne1.

however, my high school is just the oposite. its an elite school and it only accepts students with above 90 grades and all our clases are a lot harder than what other people r learning in their schools and colleges recognize us and stuff. When ppl ask me what school i go 2 they automatically go "oh wow u must be smart" and many people in my school think all pther schools r a joke and the students there r all dumb.

segragation based on ability is necessary in schools to allow each student 2 get the most out of school but it should not be labeled or clearly pointed out

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Segregation in classroom-ablity based (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 16 January 2006 at 8:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ~PaKi*PrInCeZ~

the parents knew about it but the teachers and school people told them not to tell their children..

however, my high school is just the oposite. its an elite school and it only accepts students with above 90 grades and all our clases are a lot harder than what other people r learning in their schools and colleges recognize us and stuff. When ppl ask me what school i go 2 they automatically go "oh wow u must be smart" and many people in my school think all pther schools r a joke and the students there r all dumb.

segragation based on ability is necessary in schools to allow each student 2 get the most out of school but it should not be labeled or clearly pointed out

Hey Dear Jav , seems like you were bright in school .Smile It shows !!Smile

As for segregation are you sure no parent told their child about the segregation and no student knew ?
Are you sure you all didn't feel superior to the average class and the average class feel inferior . As for the brighter ones needing an accelerated program , wouldn't it have been better that they got special tutorials and the ones lagging behind did so too ?Smile

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 17 January 2006 at 6:56pm | IP Logged
lolz aparna di i guess parents tld their children but w/e.

thannnx aparna di Embarrassed

u quoted abt my HS and tht school is openly saying tht it is advanced i mean jus the name of the skool says it cuz in order 2 b accepted 2 the school u have 2 meet a lot of really high standards.

well i guess it dus build a heirarchy amongst the students but isnt it a part of life? u r out of skool life and in2 wrk field but u prolly still face it 2day. im sure there r many other ppl @ ur wrk who r better thn u and a bunch of others u r better thn...itz jus a part of life.

and outside of class tutorial isnt enough bcuz it dusnt let every1 get the best they can get out of their education. sum ppl need 2 lrn things slowly so its unfair 2 move at a pace which is 2 fast 4 thm 2 keep up with. other students comprehend quicker and it is unfair 2 prevent thm frm advancing.

this system has another advantage...every1 gets an equal opportunity to b top. if smart ppl compete with smart ppl and average ppl compete with average ppl it is fair 4 all. if it is a mixed class thn the 2-3 top students get all the awards and honrs and they r referred 2 as "teacher's pet" but it isnt their fault tht they r better students its jus the way v r. sum ppl r better @ intellectual stuff and others r better @ creative stuff. if average ppl compete with each other thn even they get an opportunity 2 b top or recieve honors which they wudnt have recieved if they competed with smarter students.

the only real disadvantage is tht children feel superior or inferior 2 each other

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 18 January 2006 at 6:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ~PaKi*PrInCeZ~

lolz aparna di i guess parents tld their children but w/e.

thannnx aparna di Embarrassed

u quoted abt my HS and tht school is openly saying tht it is advanced i mean jus the name of the skool says it cuz in order 2 b accepted 2 the school u have 2 meet a lot of really high standards. Thats fine there are well know A level schools and B level and the regular ones every where and in every field !

well i guess it dus build a heirarchy amongst the students but isnt it a part of life?Yes it is  u r out of skool life and in2 wrk field but u prolly still face it 2day. im sure there r many other ppl @ ur wrk who r better thn u and a bunch of others u r better thn...itz jus a part of life. yup

and outside of class tutorial isnt enough bcuz it dusnt let every1 get the best they can get out of their education. sum ppl need 2 lrn things slowly so its unfair 2 move at a pace which is 2 fast 4 thm 2 keep up with.I don't agree that a seperate extra sessions won't help in this case. other students comprehend quicker and it is unfair 2 prevent thm frm advancing.They could be made to do extra projects and further research that will help them grow

this system has another advantage...every1 gets an equal opportunity to b top. if smart ppl compete with smart ppl and average ppl compete with averageRead the research study i posted initially .........it showed if average people competed with average people the results got were average .....but when average peolle competed with brighter peoplle .....the results were surprisinly very good. ppl it is fair 4 all. if it is a mixed class thn the 2-3 top students get all the awards and honrs and they r referred 2 as "teacher's pet" but it isnt their fault tht they r better students its jus the way v r. sum ppl r better @ intellectual stuff and others r better @ creative stuff. if average ppl compete with each other thn even they get an opportunity 2 b top or recieve honors which they wudnt have recieved if they competed with smarter students.

the only real disadvantage is tht children feel superior or inferior 2 each otherAnd that makes a huge difference as thats learning to accept forms of discrimination from school , and also it leads to drop in standards

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 18 January 2006 at 3:09pm | IP Logged
ok aparna di u can believe wateva u want but i still think it is a gud idea 2 have this separation in skoolz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 18 January 2006 at 3:09pm | IP Logged
ok aparna di u can believe wateva u want but i still think it is a gud idea 2 have this separation in skoolz

Post Reply New Post

Go to top