•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
I am writing a novel and i will give regular updates and as i am going to publish this book...pls give feedback...
I have seen that many of u have been seeing this page.I'm very happy to know that.But please CAN YOU POST YOUR REVIEW/FEEDBACK ALSO?It will be very convenient and helpful...

Summary
It is an extremely peaceful phase in the family of Lincolns.Everyone has successfully forgotten the unpleasant death of the family darling ,Mike.But the storm brews itself back.George firmly believes in the policy of "Blood is thicker than water".But is this certain? Calamities befall the family one after the other and have  a devastating effect on it.Amidst the sea of these  troubles,relationships begin to flicker.How many can endure the storm of suspiscion?These incidents highlight the uncertainities of human nature.But once the passion within is set ablaze ,it is very difficult to extinguish it.
                                Prologue
The scene came to haunt her  again .A baby crying for mercy in the cradle and everyone standing helpless and ...finally the baby succumbing to its own fading wails.I was there at the scene ,she thought.But I could do nothing.
Cassandra sighed as she lighted the candle in front of the  Lord. She raised her face to glance at the portrait of the victim.Those deep blue eyes of her adopted son ,Michael ,seemed to have lost their life.At that stage of life when he had to be gurgling and playing  ,he lie like a statue in his grave.But no one could change fate. In all these years of her marriage with Steve Lincoln,she had given birth to two lovely daughters, Diana and Christina, but nothing fulfilled Steve's desire to bring up a son who would one day be the proud owner of the amassed and envied Lincoln wealth .Cassandra Lincoln , formerly Cassandra Patrick before marriage was the  beautiful daughter of Hon.Patrick Brandbury and married Steve Lincoln at a young age  .That wasn't much of a ceremonial marriage .It was basically a business alliance for both the families. There had to be Luck favouring one if life had to be worth living.
 Soon after the birth of Christina ,Steve invited his brother George to come and stay with the family.He also offered him the manager's post in their family mining company. Seizing this oppurtunity , Cassandra invited her sister to reunite with her family which by now had adopted their friend Col.Jason's only son aged 5 years.After Samantha ,her sister ,came home both Steve and Sandra saw a possible marriage oppurtunity  between their siblings.
As she recollected these uneventful years of her life,she rembered one event that she would never forget--Mike's death. The next moment she lost control over herself and collapsed from her kneeling position.She held the arm of the chair to support herself and sat on it .She became unconscious of her surroundings and sat down dazed as tears flowed on her pale face.

Chapter 1
It  was a busy day as usual for Samantha Patricks ,one of the city's most successful journalists.As she drove back from her office and  along the spacious highways her  thoughts rested on Sanders. Sanders had been dating Samantha for the past four years and would be engaged to her by the next year.Sandy was one of the top diamond dealers and was extremely compassionate,reliable and humble inspite of his social position.He had promised Sam a place in his heart forever.
  As she entered the palatial bungalow owned by her brother-in-law ,she sniffed the air as the delicate scent of the perfumed candles hung in the atmosphere.  She entered the posh sitting room.The room was aptly heated to warm oneself in the winter.
Cassandra hardly realized that Sam had entered the room. She was too preoccupied in her own thoughts to notice and greet her sister with her warm welcome.
Sam saw Sandra sitting uneasily in the chair .It took her only a moment to realize what had made her sister so dull.As she gazed at Mike's photo ,she wondered how anyone could forget that terrible incident so soon.Just one year and already the memories seemed faint and the images were blurred.Just then, her phone buzzed.As she checked the message, her task manager reminded her that Sanders would host a party  at seven today.
She walked towards Sandra with uncertainty on how to approach her with a request to attend Sander's party.She was almost confident that Sandra would decline this request.She finally mustered up enough courage ,she asked-"Please can you accompany me to your would be brother-in-law's party"
"Ah! George is hosting a party without letting me know?Anyway, now that you have told me..."Sandra replied with sarcasm.
"I think you are mistaken.I meant Sanders.And George is never going  to be my husband."she replied with equal defiance.
"Even then ,Sanders will be your husband and not my brother-in-law."
As the atmosphere changed to a tense one ,there was a silence as  the two  people delivered an uneasy and silent communion in an air of defiance and severe possesiveness.
Just then Sandra broke the silence-
"If you want to go on  Mike's death  anniversary and celebrate when I'm mourning ,then please go."she said coldly. 
Just then Samantha's  mobile rang with a lot of determination to break the silent atmosphere.Sam ran to pick it up hoping it was'nt  Sanders complaining  of her being late.But it was George calling. 
"Hello, George"
"Hello darling!I have bad news for you."
"Again.Don't tell me..."
"Steve's had an accident and has ended up in the hospital.It's a minor fracture only.But please meet  him at St.Ferido's hospital."
Samantha wondered how to  deliver this message to her sister who was on the verge of fainting.

.Sam thought how amazingly George was camaflouging his hatred because of his love for her.But inevitably she was unable to hide her dissapointement and murmurred about Sander's party and how desperately she wished to go.

George immediately denied the idea of her missing the party and staying at the hospital.He knew better than to seperate loved ones.He asked her to go and enjoy herself.

"You're very warm hearted ,George "Cassandra commented as Sam left.

"It is in vain lest she realizes it "he sighed.

Adam Stevens gazed long at the pleasing sceneries outside his law office. Nature at its best...he thought with a sigh. He believed he had lost almost everything in life until his love healed him. It gave him rejuvenation and an undying hope that kept him living today. And he certainly owed her a lot...She was his everlasting source of inspiration for him to avenge his childhood insult.

He never had hated anyone as spitefully as Sandra, and found her beauty so repelling. Well, Samantha, she was a class apart a true noblewoman ignorant of her class but with a true regal bearing that came from birth, not lifestyle. Nothing could happen to her, he would protect her coz she loved her...like no man could.

This is it for now hope you like it...😊.I'm happy to announce that i have completed 16 chapters...

Edited by nsapo - 12 years ago
Those who visit it pls read and comment...
Naspo nice to see your attempt

Keep it up!!!!
Naspo, if you are publishing a book, it's great news, but should you be posting this online before the book is published?
Hey nice to know you're trying to write a novel ... all the best 👍🏼
Originally posted by visrom

Naspo, if you are publishing a book, it's great news, but should you be posting this online before the book is published?
These are just the extracts which only show my writing an do not cover the plot so its OK .Thanx for asking...😊
PLEASE PPL WHO VISIT THIS PAGE READ AND GIVE THE FEEDBACK AS IT IS YOUR SUPPORT AND LOVE I NEED ALL THROUGHOUT FOR THE BOOK TO BE A HIT...PLS COOPERATE...
I'm happy to announce I have completed 16 chapters...
thank you di...
Can a ask a few more ppl u know to check this page and comment?that would be very helpful...😊
Apurva your writing style is really good