Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago

Richa to get engaged in Parichay..

Richa to get engaged in Parichay..

Richa's engagement will be the next important track in Colors' Parichay..

The already shaky love story of Kunal Chopra (Sameer Soni) and Richa (Mona Vasu) inColorsParichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Kawill go through a tough time with Richa getting engaged to some other guy.

The coming twist we hear, will be the engagement of Richa hearing which Kunal goes to return all of Richa's memories that are with him.

Our source says, "On seeing Kunal at the engagement, Thakral does not leave any stone unturned to tarnish Kunal's image, and even calls the police".

On the other hand, Siddhi (Keerti Nagpure) too gives her consent to get married. This decision of hers will make Anand (Saurabh Jain) realize that he is in love with her.

When contacted, Sameer Soni told us, "I am not aware of such a track. We have not shot anything like this as of now".

The Richa engagement track will open up by the end of next week.

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh

https://india-forums.com/tellybuzz/wassup/10226-richa-to-get-engaged-in-parichay.htm

Dew-drop thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
SAMIR SONI
[03 Oct 2011]

I think there's a little bit of exaggeration here. Anyone who knows me or has seen me in Bigg Boss, will know that I'm the last one to throw tantrums. Everyone interprets the scene in their own way. In fact, my writers have even complimented me on how I bring a lot to the character. I think a normal discussion over a scene is a part of the creative process in any show. Why would I throw tantrums? I've worked with the best of the directors and have been around for so long. I am very passionate about my work and I don't need to do such things

Refutes Rumours Of Being A Tantrum King
"I Don't Need To Throw Tantrums On The Show. I've Worked With The Best Directors In The Industry"

Not everyone has the courage to switch from a flourishing banking career and take up something as challenging as acting. But Samir Soni is one guy who's driven by passion. So when he decided to take the chance and bid adieu to his career as an investment banker, little did he imagine that it would turn out to be the best decision of his life. His impressive acts in films like China Gate, Baghban, Fashion and I Hate Luv Storys are proof of that. Not to forget, his TV career isn't far behind. Be it his portrayal of the suave Purab Mehra in the popular show Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin or his much-talked about stint in Bigg Boss 4, the actor has made his mark on the small screen too. And currently, if there's something that's taking up most of his time, it is Balaji Telefilms' show Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka. As the show is slowly but surely making its presence felt, Samir talks to Showtime about striving to make the most of his second innings on TV, his marriage to Neelam and more.

After having kept away from the small screen post Jassi..., Samir found his way back on to television with the controversial reality show Bigg Boss. Though infamous for its questionable content, the actor was yet again successful in winning the hearts of the audiences with this show. No wonder then that soon after the show came to an end; he was bombarded with TV offers. But even amidst so many offers that came his way, it was the role of Kunal in Parichay... that caught his attention.

Considering this is a comeback of sorts for the actor, was this the role he was waiting for all this while? He clarifies, "I was doing movies, so I don't think I was waiting for a break on TV. But it was just a matter of timing. Bigg Boss 4 got over and I had this offer in hand. I though it to be the perfect vehicle because it's Balaji. It has the potential to be one of the best shows. Besides I was strongly drawn to the character. You know, I can't do saas-bahu soaps. But this is very different. Shooting round-the-clock is hectic but the response has been very fulfilling."

The show might have just taken off but rumour mongers have been busy talking about Samir getting the part in the show because of wife Neelam's friendship with Ekta Kapoor. "This is really funny because I have known Ekta for longer than I've known Neelam. She's the one who introduced me to Neelam. So it's the other way round. Ekta got me Neelam. Neelam didn't get me the show," he clarifies sternly. 

However, it is not just this rumour that's creating a buzz in the TV industry. Reports suggest that Samir's constant interference in the script has left the cast and crew of Parichay... rather agitated. Moreover, it is also said that his temper tantrums are taking a toll on the show. "I think there's a little bit of exaggeration here. Anyone who knows me or has seen me in Bigg Boss, will know that I'm the last one to throw tantrums. Everyone interprets the scene in their own way. In fact, my writers have even complimented me on how I bring a lot to the character. I think a normal discussion over a scene is a part of the creative process in any show. Why would I throw tantrums? I've worked with the best of the directors and have been around for so long. I am very passionate about my work and I don't need to do such things," he clears.

Since he already shares a warm camaraderie with TV czarina Ekta Kapoor, I can't help but ask him if it's difficult working with a taskmaster like her. "Ekta and I are both very passionate about our work," he reveals, "I give every shot as if it's the last day of my life. That way, I give it my best. That's the level of intensity I shoot with. To me, the show doing well is not good enough. It has to be the best. And that's the kind of ideology even Ekta has. Sometimes our opinions clash, but at the end of the day, we both want the show to do really well.  On a personal level, she's my kid sister. I even bully her around."

Now that the actor is more than content with his TV career, I rewind to Bigg Boss 4, which naturally gets him all charged up. Though he conducted himself in the best way possible, he was dragged into what can be termed as one of the worst possible fights
Indian television has ever seen. Viewers who watched the drama unfold would know that it all started when inmates Shweta Tiwari and Dolly Bindra were embroiled in a heated argument. It only got worse when Samir stepped in hoping to make peace. Now that it's been a while to that ugly episode, does he regret doing the reality show? "Not at all! I think it's one of the finest things I have ever done in my life. I don't think I can ever get an experience like that. I've always said that a show like Bigg Boss will bring out the best and the worst in you. And I'm proud of the way I conducted myself. I will never have a chalta hain attitude in life. I stood up for what I thought was right."

Agreed that it was a learning experience for him, but is it true that Dolly and he don't see eye to eye even today? "I ran into her the other day and gave her a big warm hug. You cannot judge a person on the basis of a show. I believe she's a very honest person. And life is too short to keep grudges. Salman Khan got both of us together and she gave me a hug. She's a pretty nice person and I will always cherish some of the moments I shared with her. At the end of the day, people don't even know half the things that happened in the house. I think there's something extremely likable about Dolly, but that's unfortunately not what's seen by everyone on camera."

On a personal note, life couldn't have been better for Samir. He recently tied the knot with Neelam on the 23rd of January this year. And as he talks about her, the excitement is palpable. "Right now, she's extremely unhappy with me. I'm not able to give her much time. By the time I'm up, she's off to her office. TV hours are extremely demanding."

Ask him if she's one of those typically nagging wives and pat comes his reply, "You want me killed or what! Poor girl, she feels sorry that I have to work so hard. It's not like I'm partying with the boys na."

Though the couple is in a happy place right now, Samir asserts that he is not going the family way yet. "If you're asking me whether she's pregnant, the answer is no. Of course we want babies. But the way I'm working, I doubt it will happen soon. But it will someday," he signs off.

With a promising career and a happy marriage, this guy is certainly in a happy place. Touchwood to that!

*By Chandni Ghosh