Posted: 12 years ago
Welcome To PNZKSK Article Archives Section Of PNZKSK

Here You Will Find All Articles Related To The Show

Thank You

Ganesh Bhakt Ekta Kapoor wants her show to launch on Tuesday!

Ganesh Bhakt Ekta Kapoor wants her show to launch on Tuesday!

Ekta Kapoor makes a new religious trend with Colors' Parichay-Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka...

Television's maverick Ekta Kapoor is superstitious... that everyone is aware of! Well, the Ganesh Bhakt Ekta's fondness has been evident from the fact that her production house (Balaji) as well as the religious ceremonies of Ganpati in her shows. With Ekta's staunch belief for Lord Ganesha, it is little wonder that this time for her new show on COLORS – Parichay – Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka, she has even gone to the extent of requesting the channel to premiere the show from Tuesday instead of Monday. 

The much awaited show – Parichay - Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka, which revolves around the life of Kunal Chopra played by Samir Soni will launch on Tuesday, August 9 in the prime time slot – 9.30 pm.

In an eccentric battle of the alphabets, the kingdom of 'K' seems to have collapsed and a new epoch has found its way. Ekta Kapoor's passion for 'P' is the talk of town. The recent example being Ekta's most awaited show - Parichay on COLORS, with Samir Soni as the protagonist. While most of her shows have been named after the alphabets 'B' and 'P'. From Bairi Piya,Pavitra Rishta, Bade Acche Lagte Hai and now Parichay – Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka…

This is also the first time, when any show has churned out fresh promos on a daily basis. Apparently COLORS has produced as good as 40 promos for Parichay – Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka till the show goes on air. Interestingly the promo is treated in a dairy format with thoughts shared by Kunal Chopra played by Samir Soni. 

Wonder what will be next… maybe Ganpati knows!

Prerna Wanvari in Parichay

Prerna Wanvari will play sister to Sameer Soni in Balaji Telefilms' new offering on Colors..

Prerna Wanvari who was earlier seen in Balaji Telefilms's Bandini has now been roped in to play a meaty role in their new show for Colors, Parichay. She plays the youngest sister of the protagonist Kunal Chopra (Sameer Soni).

Our source states, "Ravina Chopra, played by Prerna is the youngest daughter in the Chopra family. She is very much pampered by all, and is positive in nature. However, she has this ill feeling towards her brother Kunal, and blames him for their dire financial state".

When contacted, Prerna confirmed the news and stated, "Yes, I play the role of Ravina Chopra who is the youngest sister of Kunal. She is a positive college going girl, and as of now, I can only say that this is an important role".

Parichay launches tonight on Colors at the 9.30 pm slot. Prerna's entry will be aired in tomorrow's episode..

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh

Men are back in action!

Sameer Soni in 'Parichay'
Finally it's happening! A new male order is calling the shots on prime time television shows. After years of playing second fiddle to the bahus and betiyaans in the kitchen dramas, general entertainment channels have prominent male protagonists in the lime light, taking centre stage in the telly show's story line. 

While the 15-year-old crime thriller "CID" was the only one with four male leads running the show, now more names have joined the fray. Ronit Roy("Adaalat"), Ram Kapoor ("Bade Achche Lagte Hain"), Vishal Karwal ("Dwarkadheesh"), Saheer Sheikh ("Navya"), Neil Bhatt ("Gulaal"), Sameer Soni ("Parichay"), Shiv Subramanium ("Mukti Bandhan") and Sushant Singh Rajput ("Pavitra Rishta") have men getting equal screen space and are no more standing in the frame as the supportive husband/boyfriend. So what made this change possible at this juncture? 

Rajita Sharma, producer of "Ram Milaye Jodi", who is coming up with a daily soap revolving around two brothers says, "The amount of emphasis being given to the male characters largely depends on the concept and the storyline. At the end of the day though, relationships are a crucial part of our lives, as well as our shows, so no show can revolve around one character, but depending on the ongoing track the focus given to a character may vary." Ravindra Gautam, who's directing "Parichay" feels, "Men are definitely watching more television now. The post 10 pm time band has a lot of male viewers, so, we as storymakers are focusing on shows with significant male characters." 

Some showmakers feel it is not anything new as male characters have had their share of importance anyway. Producer Rajan Shahi says, "Strong male protagonists always existed on TV, but the perception has changed, and it's a healthy trend. The audience likes stories they can relate to. The percentage of male viewers has also definitely increased, so the male leads get more space in promos/airtime." 

Producer Siddharth Tewary too, shares the same view, "In family soaps and love stories, male protagonists are important and even female viewers like to see men in the lead." 

What do actors feel about their new prominence? Actor Karan Mehra feels, "It feels good to have such a meaty role in "Yeh Ristha Kya Kehlata Hai". While TV is a female dominated medium, times have changed. I have come across people from the younger generation who relate to my character and love the show." 

Vishal Karwal who's essaying the lead role in "Dwarkadheesh" says, "Men are getting bigger and better roles in TV shows and that's a welcome change." 

Of course TRPs will ultimately decide whether the male superstars have made their way into the audiences' hearts or not, because the hand that weilds the remote is one that has the final say in almost everything.

Samir Soni, Actor

The character Kunal Chopra is on my mind since the past few weeks. I am playing this character on a new TV show titled Parichay. 

My last serial was Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi and I am returning to television after seven years. I am really anxious as to how people will react to it.

The programme revolves around Kunal, a fallen hero who is a lawyer, leading a disinterested life. However, he gets a second chance. 

Kunal lives life on his own terms and somehow I can really connect with the character. Ekta (Kapoor) told me that she was scripting the character with me in mind. 

Even during the shoot, many instances  actually made me feel that the character resembles me a lot.

Well known actor Samir Soni, who shot to fame after his stint in Bigg Boss 4, will soon be seen on television again. This time he is back with a fiction show Parichay  produced by Balaji. We got Samir to chat about his second innings on television and his character Kunal Chopra. 
Has Bigg Boss changed your life?

Bigg Boss is an extremely popular show. Before that, people knew me as an actor who had done films and tv. But post Bigg Boss everybody knows me on first name basis. Yes, things have changed for me in very a positive way and I couldn't be happier in life right now.

How did the show with Ekta Kapoor come about?

She called and told me that she has a lovely script for me. When I read the whole script, I just loved the character Kunal Chopra. Soon after, I was on for the show.

How is your rapport with Ekta Kapoor?

Ekta is a very good friend of mine and my association with her goes a long way. Though we haven't worked together, we have been in touch. Before this show, Ekta had approached me when she was casting for another show but that didn't work out. 
What kept you away from serials for so long?

After Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi and Saakshi, I got busy with films and I didn't feel excited about any television show offered to me or about anything on tv.
What appealed to you about Parichay?

Firstly, this show has a realistic approach. My character Kunal has a lot of layers. Usually the characters on television are uni-dimensional, but this one is multi dimensional. Moreover, I have never played such a character, even in films. So it should be fun and I am looking forward to it. I am hoping like Ekta's other on-going show Bade Achche Lagte Hain, Parichay too will be appreciated for the realistic approach, story and content.

How would you compare Kunal to Purab from Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi?

Both are diametrically opposite to each other. Jassi's Purab was almost a perfect man, extremely successful whereas Kunal is down both professionally and personally. He has his own inner demons to fight.

Finally, how is married life faring for you?

I am far more settled and anchored. Since Neelam belonged to the same profession, there's a lot of comfort and understanding. After marrying Neelam, I feel complete. 

Ekta's new alphabet obsession
In an eccentric battle of the alphabets, the kingdom of K seems to have collapsed and a new epoch has found its way. Ekta Kapoor's passion for P is the talk of town. The recent example being Ekta's most awaited show - Parichay on Colors starring Samir Soni as the protagonist as most of her shows have been named after the alphabets B and P. From Bairi Piya, Pavitra Rishta, Bade Acche Lagte Hai and now Parichay – Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka. When the said shows worked, guess she hopes P brings luck to Parichay as well

Madhurima Tuli to play Kunal's love in Parichay..

Madhurima Tuli to play Kunal's love in Parichay..

Madhurima Tuli will enter the ColorsParichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka in tonight's episode..

Colors' recent offering Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka has kept the audience glued to the show in its opening week. The story will pick up pace in the second week with the introduction of Kunal Chopra's (Sameer Soni) ex-girl friend Richa.

A little birdie tells us, "After an extensive search, Balaji Telefilms and the channel have finalized the actor to play Richa. Madhurima Tuli who was last seen in a cameo in Rang Badalti Odhani will play Richa, that is Thakral's (Abhay Bhargava) daughter".

When contacted, Madhurima confirmed her entry in the show and said, "Yes, I am on the sets of Parichay. Today is the first day of my shoot. I play Richa, who is the ex-girl friend of Kunal".

We hear that Richa will be introduced in a flashback sequence. It will be shown that Kunal and Richa had been in love and that Richa was always a strong pillar of support for him. The love birds were all set to wed when Thakral created differences between them, and Richa at that point of time believed in her father, and had refused to trust Kunal. This had brought about a split in their relationship. However, Richa will turn positive when she gets to know of Kunal's innocence.

Madhurima's entry is slated to be aired in tonight's episode..

Mona Vasu replaces Madhurima in Parichay

Mona Vasu replaces Madhurima in Parichay

Mona Vasu will henceforth essay the role of Richa in Colors' Parichay..

ColorsParichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Kawill focus on the back story of Kunal (Sameer Soni) and Richa this week. However, before the major drama begins, there is a sudden change in the actor essaying Richa. The role which was being played by Madhurima Tuli will now be essayed by Mona Vasu.

A little birdie tells us, "This replacement is a result of Ekta Kapoor's instructions. She wanted a known actor to play Richa, considering the depth in the role. Mona Vasuhas started shoot and her entry will be aired tonight".

Mona Vasu is presently essaying the lead role in Doordarshan's Hum. She was last seen inSony TV's Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao when it comes to working in a major GEC.

Mona Vasu confirmed the news to TellyBuzz, "Yes, it is true that I have started my shoot for Parichay. Its a very interesting role, something that I have not played before".

When asked about the apprehensions of not being the first choice for the role, Mona states, "The fact is that I was not offered the role before. I am glad that they chose me to play the role when they were looking for a new option. It's nice to be working with Balaji Telefilms".

We also talked to Madhurima Tuli to know about her side of the story, and she said, "This is news to me. I have not been shooting for Parichay for the past four days. Frankly speaking, I have not been informed about the replacement. I have been waiting for their call".

Mona's entry will be aired in the flashback sequence where Thakral's evil deed to separate Kunal and Richa will be shown.

Here's hoping that Mona does a swell job as Richa..

Saurabh Jain gets to play his natural self in Parichay...

Saurabh Jain gets to play his natural self in Parichay...

Saurabh Jain aka Anand Chopra of Colors' Parichay speaks about his role in the show...

All are by now familiar with Anand Chopra (Saurabh Raj Jain), the loving and caring younger brother of Kunal Chopra (Sameer Soni) in ColorsParichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka. Does he seem to be a new face in television industry?The actor simply enjoys portraying Anand in the show, and has already got into the skin of the character. Now that he is getting noticed for his role in Parichay, Saurabh talks of his humble beginning in TV which was totally different.

Let's hear it from him, "I started off my career with Star One's Remix where I played the male lead's best friend. But I had a turban in that which gave me a different look. Later on I went on to do Kasamh Se wherein I did not have much to portray and after that I did Jai Shri Krishna wherein I portrayed the role of Vishnu. I was supposed to do the character of grown up Krishna as well, but the show went off air before that. After that I did Meet Mila De Rabba on Sony TV which was again a Sikh character with turban. Hence I can say this is my first show on television where I am portrayed as how I am in real life."

"This is my second show with Balaji and it is great working with the Production house and I am having a wonderful time working with Sameer Soni. He guides me like an elder brother and I used to tell him if I had an elder brother, then he has to be like him", Saurabh adds.

Saurabh says further about the track, "I really have no clue about the further track but I was told initially that my track might end in future. But now the discussions are going in a different route. So will have to wait and watch."

As it has been just more than the week that the show has started let us wait and watch what is there in store for the viewers.

TellyBuzz wishes Saurabh good luck for his promising role in the show.

Reporter and Author: Saranya Valsarajan